Embedded Network Processor Module
- A fully programmable device computing platform based on corporate IT standards – Cisco®-like CLI, XML, RSS
- Web-enable up to two electronic devices, quickly and easily
- Provide robust “data center grade” security, including SSL and SSH, for networked devices
- Offer true IEEE 802.3af compliant pass-through Power over Ethernet (PoE)
- A powerful 120 MHz processor
- Two serial data ports and one console port
- 13 configurable GPIO pins
- 230 Kbps serial data rate
- 1.25 MB of SRAM and 4 MB Flash
- CPU: Based on the DSTni-EX enhanced 16-bit, 120MHz x86 Architecture
- Memory: 1.25 MB RAM and 4 MB FLASH
- Firmware: upgradeable via FTP,TFTP, Serial Ports, Internal Web Server
- Diagnostics: Built in diagnostics and comprehensive statistics
- Interface: Ethernet 10Base-T or 100Base-TX (Auto-Sensing)
- Connector: RJ45
- Layer 3 Protocols: TCP, UDP, IP, ARP, ICMP, SSH, SSL, XML, HTTP, PPP, PAP, CHAP, DNS, SMTP, RSS, DHCP, BOOTP, AutoIP, SNMP, FTP, TFTP, Telnet, CGI
- Interface: CMOS (Asynchronous, 5V Tolerant)
- Data Rates: 300 bps to 230,400 bps (selectable by 1bps increments)
- Characters: 7 or 8 data bits
- Parity: Odd, even, none
- Stop Bits: 1 or 2
- Control Signals: RTS, CTS, DSR, any PIO
- Flow Control: XON/XOFF, RTS/CTS, User Selectable Characters
- 10 or 100 Base-T, Full/Half-Duplex
- Link & Activity indicator
- RTOS Kernel with pre-emptive scheduler, multithreading, memory management semaphores and Flash file system
- Cisco-CLI, Internal Web Server, XML, Serial, Telnet, SSH, SSL, RSS, SNMP
- Microsoft Windows®-based utility for configuration
- SSH Client & Server, SSL, AES 128-bit encryption, 3DES and RC4 Encryption, Public/Private-keys, and password protection
- SHA-1, MD5 Hashing Algorithms
- Base-64 & Digest Authentication
- User Access Lists
- Hardened OS and Protocol Stacks
- Fully Brandable
- 1.25 MB internal directory-/file-based file system
- CGI/CSS based
- SSL supported
- Input Voltage: 3.3 VDC
- Extended Temp.: -40° to 85°C (-40° to 185°F)
- Storage: -40° to 85°C (-40° to 185°F)
- Dimensions: 45.7 x 16.51 x 17.8 mm (1.80 x .65 x .70 in)
- Weight: 20 g (0.7 oz)
Overview for XPort AR
The Flexible, Programmable Device Computing Platform for Building Intelligent, Highly Secure and Network-ready Devices
The size of a few sugar cubes, XPort Architect(AR) is the first embedded device server solution that goes beyond simple network connectivity to deliver an enterprise-grade, programmable device computing and embedded device networking platform.
This Embedded Network Processor Module builds on our proven XPort serial-to-Ethernet technology that enables device manufacturers to add embedded Ethernet or IP connectivity as a standard feature to their products.
XPort AR includes all the essential device computing and networking features built into a single RJ45 package – including a 120Mhz DSTni™ processor, 10/100 Base-T/TX Ethernet connection, an embedded web server and a full network operating system, including TCP/IP protocol stack.
Featuring Evolution OS, our powerful new real-time embedded device networking operating system, XPort AR now offers the ability to deliver an unprecedented level of intelligence to run a networked device. And it features an extensible, open standards-based software platform for managing the device and delivering information over the enterprise network with “data-center” grade security – including SSH and SSL support. The XPort AR also delivers IEEE 802.3af compliant passthrough Power over Ethernet (PoE).
A New Era of Machine Intelligence
Enabling Scalable, Intelligent and Autonomous Devices
As more devices are added to the network, it is increasingly necessary that they are equipped with a certain level of intelligence so they can operate more autonomously. It is not cost-effective or practical to have humans monitoring all of the “edge” equipment on M2M and enterprise networks.
Additionally, as more equipment is networked, the need to access, collect and process the data from that equipment throughout the corporation increases in order to maximize the value of the M2M network. To make this “edge to enterprise” network a reality, the M2M devices need to operate with the same standards as traditional networking equipment found in the IT data center such as servers, routers and switches.
XPort AR with Evolution OS embedded processor module offers standards-based device computing and networking capability. It makes the M2M network scalable by adding an unprecedented level of device intelligence and policy making at the network edge. XPort AR is essentially an “IP computer” built into the device which provides the ability to gather, process and communicate information and then take appropriate preprogrammed actions. More than just an embedded networking coprocessor, it offers:
PoE (Power over Ethernet)
XPort AR is the first device server to deliver true IEEE 802.3af compliant pass-through Power over Ethernet (PoE) to edge devices using both Ethernet pairs. Eliminating the need for an external power supply and associated electrician labor costs, XPort AR is ideally suited to add networking functionality in security control, medical, financial, energy metering and building automation applications.
Ease of Use and Flexibility
XPort AR is ideal for companies where networking is not a core competency. The network-enabled programmable module allows designers to focus their attention on code and hardware that serves to differentiate their product, reducing costs and time to market.
Accelerating the OEM development process and reducing associated cost, XPort AR features built in manufacturing testing. With pre-loaded tests, engineers do not need to create them or load them individually. This can dramatically slash development time. The new hardware also features the flexibility of external interrupts (including one non-maskable)and timer input.
Features & Specifications for XPort AR
Internal Web Server
Order Information & Part Numbers for XPort AR
Lantronix products are available from a wide variety of leading technology vendors.
Click here to use our Partner Locator.
To speak with a Lantronix sales representative in North America, call +1 (800) 422-7055. For a full listing of Lantronix worldwide offices, please see our Contact Information page.
RoHS, Bulk, Extended Temp. -40 to 85C
RoHS, Sample, Extended Temp. -40 to 85C
Evolution Software Development Kit for XPort AR
|Lantronix Part #||Name||Description||Order Now|
XPort AR Evaluation Kit