Ax6 OTDR Series
Single Fiber SFP with Build-in Micro OTDR
Lantronix provides advanced optical solutions through Intelligent Optical Transceivers. The portfolio includes an SFP with integrated Micro-OTDR that automatically detects, locates and reports optical fiber faults, when installed in a suitable switch. The SFP, is designed in conformance with the Small Form Factor Pluggable 20-pin Multi-Source Agreement (MSA) 2 types of OTDR SFP are available Single fiber and Dual fiber. The Single Fiber Single Frequency transceivers transmit and receive at the same wavelength effectively doubling the optical fiber plant capacity.
Upon disruption of data link, or failure to connect, the unit switches into uOTDR Mode, emitting optical power pulses (>+13 dBm) and detecting the reflected pulses at least down to -42 dBm optical power. Reflection Immune Operation resolves self reflection from an open connector and/or other reflectors.
Ax6 OTDR Series Overview
- 1.25Gbps/125Mbps bi-directional data link
- Compliant with 1000Base-LX & 100Base-FX
- Single +3.3V Power Supply
- RoHS Compliant
- MSA Compliant
- Integrated OTDR (Optical Time-Domain Reflectometer) function
- Integrated Reflection Immune Operation – Any Network Type
- SFF-8472 Digital Diagnostic Function (DMI)
- 55 dB Dynamic Range for the OTDR
- Dead Zone of 30 meters or less
- Resolution of 10 meters or Better
- Accuracy of 50 meters or Better
- Minimum 20 dB Optical Link Budget
- Low power dissipation <1.5W
Ax6 OTDR Series Tech Specs
- IEEE 802.3
- IEEE 802.3z
- Width: 0.52” [13 mm]
- Depth: 2.18” [55 mm]
- Height: 0.33” [8 mm]
- Operating: -20°C to +70°C
- Storage: -40°C to +85°C
- IEC 60825-1, FDA CDRH 21-CFR 1040.10
- 1 Year
Ax6 OTDR Series Resources
Ax6 OTDR Series Downloads
Note: Some Documentation may have Transition Networks named or pictured. Transition Networks was acquired by Lantronix in August 2021. Learn more about the acquisition here.
Ax6 OTDR Series Part Numbers
Note: Other wavelengths, Duplex, and other distance options are available upon request.
© Lantronix, Inc. 2022. All Rights Reserved.