Stand-alone Fast Ethernet PoE Media Converter
10/100Base-TX PoE PSE to 100Base-FX
The SPOEB Series is a 10/100 Ethernet copper to fiber PoE media converter that enables enterprises to provide power to network devices over the existing CAT5 data connection.
Lantronix’ AC powered PoE media converters combine data received over a fiber optic link with -48 VDC power; providing power to Data Terminal Equipment (DTE) Power Devices (PD) over unshielded twisted pair cable. The PoE converters are Power Sourcing Equipment (PSE) and are fully compatible with Powered Devices (PD) that comply with the IEEE 802.3af standard. The converters also include a PD signature sensing and power monitoring features per the IEEE 802.3af standard. Other features include Over-Current Protection, Under- Current Detection and Fault Protection Input. This feature enhanced model offers the ability to enable/disable many of the features as well as force port capabilities. In addition, with the PSE/LPT switch enabled, a loss of Fiber RX will disable PSE power output on the UTP port for 2 seconds to allow remote device to re-initialize, also known as Powered Device Reset.
The PoE converter is fully compatible with devices that comply with the IEEE 802.3af standard. The PoE converter is capable of inserting power on data pairs or spare pair of the MDI.
SPOEB Series Overview
- External AC power supply
- IEEE 802.3af Power-over-Ethernet Compatible
- 48 VDC PSE Output Voltage
- Signal Pair or Spare Pair Power Insertion
- PD Detection Signature
- Over-Current Protection & Under-Current Detection
- Powered Device Reset
- Switch selectable and port settings
- Minimum Load Sensing
- Fault Protection Input
- Link Pass Through (LPT)
- Far-End-Fault (FEF)
- Automatic Link Restoration
SPOEB Series Tech Specs
- IEEE 802.3
- IEEE 802.3af
- 10/100 Mbps
- 1600 bytes
- SW1: Auto-Negotiation On/Off (TP)
- SW2: Speed TP: Force 10 Mbps or 100 Mbps (SW1 off)
- SW3: Duplex TP: Force Half or Full-Duplex (SW1 off)
- SW4: Duplex Fiber: Half or Full-Duplex
- SW5: Link Pass Through On/Off
- SW6: PSE On/Off
- SW7: PSE/LPT on/off
- SW8: N/A
- Fiber Link, Activity, & Duplex
- Copper Link, Activity, Speed, & Duplex
- PoE Status
- Width: 3.25” [82.55 mm]
- Depth: 4.8” [121.92 mm]
- Height: 1″ [25 mm]
- 20 Watts (max)
- Operating: 0°C to 50°C
- Storage: -25° to +85°C
- Humidity: 5% to 90% (non-condensing)
- Altitude: 0 – 10,000 ft.
- 2 lbs. [0.90 kg]
- 49,981 MIL217F2 Hours; 132,144 Bellcore Hours
- EN55022:1994+A1:1996+A2:1997 Class A, FCC Part 15 Subpart B, UL 1950
Max Frame Size
SPOEB Series Downloads
Note: Some Documentation may have Transition Networks named or pictured. Transition Networks was acquired by Lantronix in August 2021. Learn more about the acquisition here.
SPOEB Series Part Numbers
© Lantronix, Inc. 2022. All Rights Reserved.
The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.