Lantronix makes it easy for customers to increase productivity by offering innovative solutions to enable secure and robust machine-to-machine communications.
Working at Lantronix
We strongly believe that a company is only as strong as its employees. Our work culture is founded on investing in our employees’ ideas and efforts to provide the building blocks that breed success. This values-based culture relies on minimal layers of management, ease of collaboration, open communication and an entrepreneurial attitude of taking risks. The result is fast decision-making and innovation. Our core values are:
Innovation – We apply a creative, practical and solutions-oriented mindset to everything we do – whether we are creating a product or interacting with a customer, colleague, partner or vendor. We overcome perceived limits by innovative thinking. “I’ve always done it this way” is not a justifiable statement.
Customer Focus – We all must be customer oriented and aspire to offer the best solution to our customer’s problems. We listen to the customer’s needs and provide innovative solutions.
- Market Leadership – We pursue markets where we believe we can win and become the leader. We are willing to invest in the resources and take the appropriate risks to do so. If we can’t visualize a way to win, we won’t participate.
- Personal Leadership – Our success and growth depends on individuals who seek and accept responsibility. We empower our people to make decisions and use their creativity to produce results. We believe honest and ethical conduct is critical to our business success and customers, employees, shareholders, and suppliers deserve to be treated with mutual trust, honesty, and respect.
Communication– We believe well-informed people are more effective and make better decisions. Open and frequent communication is encouraged and practiced throughout the organization. Individuals are expected to voice their opinions, listen to and consider the opinions of others without regard for organizational boundaries or level, and bring their highest quality information to the discussion. While constructive dissent is encouraged, teamwork is essential. Once a decision is made, the team is expected to execute on it.
Quality – We exceed the highest standards of quality in each of our chosen markets. We each take individual responsibility for the results of our efforts.
Lantronix Benefits (US)
We offer our employees a total rewards package designed to meet the diverse and ever-changing needs of our employees and their families. These include:
Health Care Benefits
– Comprehensive medical and hospitalization coverage through either an HMO or PPO plan.
– Prescription drug program.
– Flexible Spending Accounts.
Paid Time Off Benefits
– Lantronix’s, time off benefits provides employees with a work/family balance.
– New hires are eligible for 10 days of vacation.
– The company provides 11 paid holidays annually and floating holidays employees can take during the year.
Income Protection and Wealth Accumulation Benefits
– Includes a 401(k) plan with company match, Short and Long-Term Disability, Life Insurance, and much more.
– Lantronix’s Employee Stock Purchase Plan allows employees to purchase shares of company stock, through convenient payroll deductions, at no less than a 15% discount.
– Lantronix seeks to offer a full range of benefits for its employees to take advantage of. In addition to those already mentioned, we offer employees opportunities to take advantage of: Employee Assistance Program; Employee Discounts; Educational Reimbursement; Patent Award Program; Annual Health Fair
We have fun too…
– Lantronix offers fun themed events throughout the year. They include holiday luncheons; Halloween parties, monthly birthday celebrations, and having various gourmet food trucks truck visit our site for lunch.
If you have a team attitude and great ideas, send your resume and a one-paragraph summary of your most recent improvement idea via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, via fax to 949-453-7165 or by mail to:
Lantronix Human Resources
7535 Irvine Center Drive
Irvine, CA 92618
Field Applications Engineer
|JOB TITLE:||Field Applications Engineer|
|CLASSIFICATION:||Regular Full Time|
|COMPENSATION:||Base Salary + Commission|
|LOCATION:||Remote in the Eastern Region.|
- The position will work with Lantronix Regional Sales Managers to support existing customers and develop new customers.
- Support Lanronix’ customers with the design and applications for the product line of embedded and IT Management solutions offered by Lantronix.
- Support customers in their usage of Lantronix products; includes training, design, software or hardware development, troubleshooting, testing, and set up.
- Provide consultive selling process with a strong technical knowledge to customers and recommend the right Lantronix products for the customer applications.
- Develop rapport with the Lantronix internal departments (product management, engineering, and technical support) to achieve success.
- Escalate customization needs to product management, engineering, and technical support management. Provide specific problem definition, environmental factors, and solutions to create network-based solutions to business needs.
- Understand the complete Lantronix product line in support of the customers designs, partners application issues and support, and internal cross functional groups with Lantronix.
- Utilize strong technical communication skills with diplomacy to Company’s product strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities.
- Travel approximately 50% of the time.
Skills and Competencies
- BSEE or MSEE preferred.
- 5+ years of hands-on field experience with clients and/or customers.
- Requires strong background in Ethernet and 802.11 design, architecting, and troubleshooting.
- Requires strong understanding of network protocols: IP, TCP, UDP, DHCP, BOOTP, SNMP, SMTP, encryption standards and protocols.
- Requires strong understanding of serial disciplines and protocols (including but not limited to RS-232, RS-422, RS-485 2- wire, I2C, SPI, USB).
- Knowledge of wired and wireless networking technology, 802.3, 801.11, and/or cellular is desired
- Knowledge in M2M requirements and applications
- Ability to write concept demos in C and Python.
- Current working knowledge of semiconductor design and applications
- Current working knowledge of RTOS, system management, and device servers.
- Knowledge of embedded systems and products, power supply, electronic circuits and integrated components – IC’s.
- Having the ability to work independently with a high degree of initiative and good judgment.
- Display excellent communication skills (both oral and written) to explain design solutions and technical problems as well as to de-escalate anxiety levels.
- Knowledge any of these end markets would be very useful such as Medical, Energy, Security, Telematics, Building Automation, Industrial, and IT Management.
To be considered:
Please submit resume here.
Business Development Channel Manager
|JOB TITLE:||Business Development Channel Manager|
|JOB FUNCTION:||PM Management|
|CLASSIFICATION:||Regular Full Time|
|COMPENSATION:||Base Salary + Stock Options|
Lantronix is seeking an experienced Business Development Channel Manager to lead and manage the Value-added Reseller (VAR) & System/Solutions Integrators (SI) channel development efforts, as well as execute strategies with SOC manufactures, VC’s, Incubators, Startups and Strategic Customers for Lantronix. This position is based in the U.S. The individual selected for this role may travel approximately 50% to 60% of the time in territory. Additional travel will be required.
Job responsibilities include developing business strategies, plans and initiatives that will drive design win efforts with the Var and System Integrator markets. As well as execute strategies with SOC manufactures, VC’s, Incubators, Startups and Strategic Customers. Candidate will efficiently and effectively support and present Lantronix products and work in parallel with sales on accounts that include end customer involvement.
The Business Development Channel Manager will work closely with Lantronix sales, corporate marketing, product management, business development leader and strategy teams. The individual selected for this role will be responsible for developing a business plan, setting and meeting goals established in the business plan including but not limited to, Var/SI recruitment, SOC and VC’s, Startups, revenue and market share objectives. Essential duties include:
- Strong ability to create and execute long term Business Development plans with a multiple 4partners and customer base.
- The ability to drive new growth (partners) and development of our VAR/SI channel partners and programs.
- Create high level relationships, and develop tools and activities to drive VAR/SI growth
- Superb presentation, verbal and written communication skills essential.
- Specify and develop collaterals with marcom’s support for channel related materials, presentations and whitepaper
- Support channel efforts by attending events and trade shows
- Ability to work with SOC manufactures, executing reference designs
- Knowledge of working with Incubators, Startups and VC’s.
- Accurately forecast opportunities and ensure that the business projections are achieved.
- Respond to various product inquiries including (but not limited to) requests for quotations, samples, technical support
- Will follow established procedures for creating product quotes and/or proof of concept (POC) testing in a quick and accurate manner
- Proactively and regularly follow-up on business opportunities and prepare weekly updates on development opportunities for management
- Will evaluate and analyze prior inquiries and will follow-up to investigate potential business opportunities and will coordinate with regional
sales managers when appropriate
- Maintain current knowledge of changes and developments in the industry, regulatory environment, and Audit profession
Skills and Competencies
- Minimum of 7 years’ prior corporate experience in business development and or a sales/customer service role for a technology (electronics or networking equipment) company or equivalent. Prior experience and understanding of networking or telecommunications products a plus
- Minimum of 7 years demonstrated successful track record of sales growth and development
- Proven ability to motivate Vars/SI/Partners
- Must be able to work effectively in multi-disciplinary teams
- Ability to lead and motivate others in a matrix organization
- Must be familiar with both product distribution sales model and direct sales aspects in corporate sales business
- Must have ability to analyze situations, effectively solve issues and successfully meet customer needs and expectations
- Strong masterly and ability to effectively and use Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) programs and various internal computer tools
- A B.S. or B.A degree of related field or a minimum of 7 years work experience of technical selling environment is desirable
- Related sales experience in Retail, Government, Education, Healthcare and Financial Services are a plus
To be considered:
Please submit resume here.