Lantronix SLC 8000: Advanced Console Manager
Lantronix SLC 8000 is the industry’s first advanced modular console manager that provides secure access to IT equipment with RS-232 and USB console, while minimizing deployment headaches and time. Complete this solution with ConsoleFlow™, a centralized and automated monitoring management software.
As part of our Remote Environment Management out-of-band solution, this console manager provides resilience and intelligence across all deployments. Our solution provides secure access to IT equipment with RS-232 and USB console, while minimizing deployment headaches and time. Complete this solution with ConsoleFlow™, a centralized and automated monitoring management software.
Lantronix’s state of the art Out of Band Management solution streamlines remote management of network, server and power infrastructure in data centers and remote environments, ensuring business continuity and secure access during unscheduled network downtime.
- Resilience – Align your infrastructure growth plans for cost-effective scalability and flexibility with swappable I/O modules for RJ45 and USB
- More Resilience – Automated failover to cellular and failback, delivering critical business continuity
- Even More Resilience – Vendor-neutral access to your infrastructure assets, manage switches, routers, servers, PDUs and UPSs and IoT environment assets
- Enterprise Security – Trusted secure access from the data center to the edge with User Authentication, secure protocols, and user access permissions
- Intelligence – ConsoleFlow™ provides visibility and control and drives software-defined automation across all your locations
SLC 8000 Overview
Did You Know?
Today, many leading IT equipment manufacturers (like Cisco, Brocade, Dell, HPE and others) are moving towards launching USB-only based solutions. The Lantronix SLC 8000 is the only industry solution that can support up to 48 high-density USB ports and is compatible with multiple manufacturers’ USB solutions.
Centrally Monitor, Manage, and Troubleshoot
Designed for system administrators, quality and test engineers, the SLC 8000 provides easy, secure administration and management of IT equipment from anywhere and at any time. Users can access the SLC 8000 device ports via Telnet/SSH, or a web browser-based console client without any proprietary software. Any IT asset that provides console or serial port management services can be managed remotely and locally with the same interface and capabilities. The SLC 8000 enables users to leverage the command line interface of most IT equipment for reconfiguring, rebooting and reloading firmware from a single point of contact. This can be done over an in-band network with dual Gigabit Ethernet connections for both public and management networks, or through out-of-band connections including dial-up (optional internal modem, sold separately) and cellular connectivity (PremierWave® XC HSPA+ intelligent gateway, sold separately). Users can securely access and control a wide variety of IT and network equipment, including Linux, Unix or Windows® servers, routers, switches, firewalls, PBXs, UPSs, and even building access devices through their serial ports.
Unique Modular Design Saves You Time and Money
The Lantronix SLC 8000 advanced console manager’s unique modular chassis allows for easy and cost-effective field upgrades with user-swappable 16 port USB and RS-232 modules — helping you protect your legacy equipment investment and transition to newer USB solutions at your own pace. Need to switch from serial to USB (or support a combination of both)? Expand the number of ports on your console manager (up to 48)? Change from single to dual power supply? All of these are possible with the modular design of SLC 8000. The bottom line: with SLC 8000, you have the ability to more easily deploy and upgrade new services and equipment, and minimize capital expenditures.
Protecting IT resources is a top priority. The SLC 8000 provides security features such as SSL and SSH for data encryption in addition to remote authentication for integration with other systems already in place. For added protection, the SLC 8000 also includes firewall features to reject connection attempts or block ports and has NIST-certified AES encryption. The SLC 8000 also supports FIPS 140-2 certified mode for government and military applications.
New: LTE Cellular Connectivity
The Lantronix G520 delivers mission-critical LTE connectivity as a fail-over solution to protect your data center and branch office out-of-band management infrastructure against wireline failure. With new automatic fail-over functionality built into your SLC 8000 Advanced Modular Console Manager, deployment of a secondary enterprise network connection is simple and quick, and automatic fail-over from a wireline network outage is seamless.
SLC 8000 Tech Specs
- In-Band (10/100/1000 Base – Ethernet) – Dual Ethernet and 1 Gb Dual fiber SFP ports with bonding and IP filtering
- Out-of-Band dial-up (Local terminal, Internal Modem or USB Modem), cellular (with Lantronix G520 LTE gateway)
- Browser independent HTML5 support for Java-free web based telnet/SSH remote access
- Secure Shell (SSH v2, Public Key)
- Secure Sockets Layer (TLS v1.0, TLS v1.1, TLS v1.2, TLS v1.3)
- Packet filtering (firewall)
- Per port user permissions
- Configurable user rights and custom groups
- Remote authentication: LDAP, RADIUS, Kerberos, TACACS+, Active Directory, NIS
- Local username/password
- FIPS 140-2 compliant cryptography (Certificate #2398)
- Software reversible device port pins
- Telnet/SSH to SLC command line
- Telnet/SSH/RAW-TCP direct to IP address and port number
- HTML5 based Java-free web based telnet/SSH remote access
- Multiple concurrent Telnet/SSH sessions
- Simultaneous access on the same port
- No inadvertent “breaks” – Sun break-safe
- Customizable multi-level user menus
- USB port modem access
- Automatic port-initiated connections to network host or neighboring port
- Enable terminal login on any device port
- SD card and USB
- Port buffering – 256 KB per port
- Port logging to local files, syslog, USB thumb drive, SD card, and NFS share
- NFS files (simultaneous)
- System event logs
- Console event notification via email
- Event string recognition (RegExp)
- Front panel keypad and LCD display for network setup
- Quick setup and configuration web interface (SSL)
- CLI setup script
- Command line interface (Telnet, SSH, Web Telnet/SSH or direct serial)
- SNMP (MIB II) compatible—v1, v2, v3, v3 over TLS, custom MIBs
- Integrated power management support—Lantronix SLP® and Server Technology PDU
- Integrated support for Sensorsoft devices
- Diagnostics and port status counters
- Performance monitoring utility
- Packet generation utility
- Network trace utility
- Configuration audit log
- Active user list display, port monitoring and timeout
- Local subnet search for other SLC’s
- Maximum of 352 concurrent users and maximum 15 users per device port at 9600 baudrate (typical)
- DHCP and BOOTP for dynamic IP address assignment
- NTP for time synchronization
- FTP, TFTP, SFTP, SCP client for file transfers
- DNS for text-to-IP address name resolution
- SSH, SSL, Telnet and UDP, PPP with PAP/CHAP, NFS and CIFS for connections in and out of the SLC
- RIP and RIPv2
- Network: Dual 10/100/1000 Base-T RJ45 Ethernet, Dual 1 Gb fiber SFP
- Devices: 8, 16, 32, 48 Serial, 300 to 230400 bps
- Console: RS-232 (RJ45), 300 to 230400 bps
- USB 2.0 High Speed, Full Speed, Low Speed
- SD card slot: SD and SDHC
- Embedded Linux
- AC model input (single or dual): 100-240 VAC, 50 to 60 Hz
- DC model input (dual): -20 to –72 VDC
- Power consumption: Less than 30W
- FCC Part 15, CE (EN55022, EN55024, EN60950), CSA, VCCI, UL/CUL, C-Tick, CB Scheme,NIST-certified implementation of AES (Advanced Encryption Standards) as specified by FIPS-197,IPv6 Ready, FIPS 140-2
- Compatible with the Lantronix ConsoleFlow™ central management software
- Operating: 0 to 50⁰ C (32 to 122⁰ F), 30 to 90%RH, non-condensing
- Storage: -20 to 80⁰ C (-4 to 176⁰ F), 10 to 90%RH, non-condensing
- Heat Flow Rate: 68 BTU per hour
- Front-mid-rear mounting brackets
- Dimensions (L x W x H): 30.5 x 44.4 x 4.4 cm (12 x 17.48 x 1.75 in), 1U
- Weight: 11.1 lbs. maximum, depending on option
- Shipping weight: 15.1 lbs. maximum, depending on option
- 3 year limited warranty
Security and Authentication
Serial Device Port Access
Data Capture and Notification
Additional Protocols Supported
SLC 8000 Downloads
SLC 8000 Part Numbers
Extended Support Options for SLC 8000
Lantronix provides extended support and warranty options for this product.
Contact Us for more information. The standard warranty for the SLC 8000 is 3 years.
© Lantronix, Inc. 2022. All Rights Reserved.
The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.