Remote KVM Over IP with Local Access
- Reduce costs and decrease downtime by remotely managing PCs and servers, down to the BIOS level, while still allowing transparent local access
- Transfer files, install patches, perform upgrades remotely with Virtual Media
- Remotely manage power with the optional power control unit
- Easy configuration and installation with color coded connectors—local and remote management are up and running in minutes
At one of the manufacturing plants I deal with, they have a PC based controller in a pump house and it always seem to go on the fritz in the middle of the night. When I schlep my body down there, it’s usually a Windows crash (this system stopped updating with NT 3.51). Cycling power does the trick. It dawned on me that if I installed a Lantronix Spider Duo with the optional power control unit, I could take over the keyboard, video, and mouse remotely from my easy chair, figure out what’s going on, and fix it (including reboot as necessary). It’s fully external so even if the blue screen of death is up, I’m still in control. Life’s a lot easier with a Spider in the pump house.
- In-Band (Ethernet) – Dual Ethernet ports
- Hardware based encryption of keyboard, mouse and video data
- IP Source Address Filtering
- Remote Authentication: LDAP, RADIUS, Active Directory
- User/Group management with permissions control
- Configurable port numbers (HTTP,HTTPS,Telnet, SSH)
- Selective disable of Telnet/SSH
- Local access and up to 8 simultaneous remote users
- Supports Multiple Operating Systems: Windows 2000/2003/2008/XP/Vista/7, Unix, Linux, or MAC OSX 10
- Keyboard/mouse: 1 USB, 1 PS/2 keyboard, and 1 PS/2 mouse connector
- Video Interface: HD15 VGA video output (up to 1600×[email protected])
- Internet Explorer 6.0+, Netscape 5.0+, Firefox 3.0+, Safari 2.0+
- PIII Processor equivalent or better (recommended)
- Sun Java 2 Runtime Environment
- Telnet/SSH client for command line (CLI) access
- Network: 10/100Base-T Ethernet Port with activity indicators (RJ45)
- Serial: RS-232, up to 115,200 bps for serial device pass-through, unit configuration or PCU controller
- Local KVM connector
- Computer input connector
- Includes local KVM and computer input USB or USB and PS/2, 21.6″ VGA cables
- Operating: 0° to 45° C (32° to 115° F)
- Storage: -20° to 70° C (-4° to 158° F)
- Humidity: 0 to 95% RH (non-condensing)
- Heat Dissipation: 4-8 Watts (14-28 BTU/hr)
- Input: 5 VDC @ 1.6A max.
- UL/CUL (CSA-22.2 No. 60950-1-03 / UL-60950-1)
- CE – IEC 60950-1
- FCC Part 15, Equipment Class A
- VCCI V-3/2006.04 Class A
- AS/NZS CISPR 22: 2006 Class A
- EN55022:1998 +A1:2000 +A2:2003 Class A
- EN61000-3-2: 2000 +A2: 2005 Class A
- EN61000-3-3: 1995 +A1: 2001
- EN55024: 1998 +A1:2001 +A2:2003
- RoHS Compliant
- 2 year limited warranty
- Dimensions: (H x W x D) 13.2 x 5.8 x 3.6 cm (5.2 x 2.3 x 1.4 in)
- Weight: USB: 269g (9.50 oz), PS/2: 278g (9.80 oz)
- Call (800) 422-7055 to speak with a Lantronix sales representative in North America.
- Lantronix Worldwide Offices – Find an office in your region from our list of worldwide offices.
- Find a Lantronix Partner – Lantronix products are available from a variety of leading technology vendors.
Overview for Lantronix SpiderDuo
Compact KVM-over-IP Plus Local Access for Distributed Server Management
The Lantronix SpiderDuo KVM-over-IP is the newest in the popular Spider family of remote KVM solutions. Spider Duo provides secure, remote KVM (keyboard, video and mouse) over-IP capabilities as well as transparent local access.
The Spider Duo is ideal for those who need local access, as well as the flexibility of KVM-over-IP in a single integrated solution. Its palm-sized, “zero-U” design is perfect for space-constrained applications. What’s more, Spider Duo requires no additional software and allows full BIOS level control of the host system.
Secure Remote Management
Spider Duo makes administration a breeze. Using integrated Virtual Media, users can transfer files, perform upgrades, install patches, redirect local drives and perform full system upgrades by ISO file. Coupled with the optional single port PCU (power control unit), authorized users can also initiate system reboots over the network. Spider Duo allows complete local, plus remote management of the host machine anytime, from virtually anywhere. It provides reliable, secure access to servers located in data centers, kiosks, regional offices, campuses, ATMs, Point-of-sale (POS), training centers, or test and development labs.
Features & Specifications for Lantronix SpiderDuo
Target Server Requirements
Client System Requirements
Docs & Downloads for Lantronix SpiderDuo
|Lantronix SpiderDuo Firmware|
|Configuration Utility - SpiderView|
Order Information & Part Numbers for Lantronix SpiderDuo
Lantronix Online Store (U.S.A., Canada, Mexico, Europe)
Click on a cart button below to buy direct from Lantronix.
1 Port Local + Remote KVM-over-IP with USB Connectors; 21.6" VGA cables
1 Port Local + Remote KVM-over-IP with PS/2 and USB Connectors; 21.6" VGA cables
|Lantronix Part #||Name||Description||Order Now|
|Lantronix Part #||Legacy Part #||Name||Order Now|
|PCU100-01||Single port power control unit, 100-240VAC, 50/60Hz, 10A (Includes IEC320/C13 to NEMA inlet and IEC320/C14 to IEC320/C13 outlet power cables)||Order Now|
|520-156-R||Power Supply, 100-240 VAC, 5 VDC @2A, 2.5mm Barrel Connector, 4 Regional Adapters, Efficiency Level VI, PSE, RoHS||Order Now|
|500-200-R||Extended length cable (computer input) PS/2 and USB connectors; 59" VGA cable||Order Now|
|500-199-R||Extended length cable (computer input) USB connector; 59" VGA cable||Order Now|