Qualcomm® Flight Pro™ Development Kit
The Qualcomm® Flight Pro Development Kit targets the drone and robotics development community and is based on the powerful Snapdragon 820, with its high-end imaging and signal processing capabilities. The new Qualcomm® Flight Pro board is smaller than a credit card (75x36mm) and brings together photography, video, navigation, and communication technologies on a single board.
The Flight Pro Kit includes the Flight Pro Development Board, a 5V DC power supply and power cord, serial console adapter, power adapter board, and a USB to serial cable. The Flight Pro Kit does not include the airframe, motor controller, motors, propellers, or radio control receiver. If you intend to use this kit as a starting point for building a flyable drone you will need to purchase additional hardware components from other vendors and assemble it yourself.
- Qualcomm® Electronic Speed Control (ESC) board
- Qualcomm® Flight Pro™ Development Board
- Qualcomm® Flight Pro™ APM Power Adapter
- The Flight Pro Kit is for users with advanced skills in software, electronic and mechanical assembly – it is not a ready-to-fly drone. It is intended as a development platform for evaluation, testing, and development of products using the Qualcomm® Flight Pro platform.
- The Flight Pro Kit requires the purchase of additional 3rd party hardware to build a flyable drone.
- The Flight Pro Kit does not include flight control software – this is available from the Qualcomm® Developer Network website
- The Flight Pro Kit currently only supports the Electronic Speed Controller sold by Lantronix
- 4 cameras included
- Pre-certified Wi-Fi/BT Module with antennas
- Linux® BSP Software included
- Compatible with:
- Qualcomm Navigator SDK
- Qualcomm Machine Vision SDK
- Robot Operating System (ROS)
- Drone and Robotics research and development
- Consumer Drone products
- Aerial Robotics
- Land Robotics
- Embedded vision and navigation applications
- Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 820 (APQ8096) SoC
- Qualcomm® Kryo™ CPU Quad-Core, 64-bit, 2.15GHz
- Qualcomm® Adreno™ 530 GPU
- Qualcomm® Hexagon™ 680 DSP
- 4GB LPDDR4 RAM, 32GB UFS Flash storage, microSD card slot for removable storage
- Pre-certified module (QCA6174A ): Wi-Fi 802.11a/b/g/n/ac 2.4/5.0 GHz 2×2 MU-MIMO + Bluetooth 4.2
- 2x Wi-Fi/BT antennas included
- On-board Qualcomm integrated GNSS solution (WGR7640) (not recommended for flight applications)
- Support for third-party external GNSS module with high performance antenna and shielding— UBlox MAX-M8Q-0-00
- Dual IMU (2x Invensense MPU9250): Gyroscope, Accelerometer, Compass + Barometric pressure sensor (Bosch BMP280)
- Discrete Red and Green LEDs for on-board status
- 1x High resolution camera: 13MP IMX214 sensor in KLT Module, 4K at 30 fps
- 1x Downward facing camera: OV7251 sensor in Sunny MD102A module – B & W VGA Sensor
- 2x Forward stereo-vision cameras: OV7251 sensor in Sunny GP161C module – B & W VGA Sensor
- Vin: 5.0V @ 4A, on-board Qualcomm power management solution (PM8996, PMI8996)
- Several I2C and UART interfaces for peripheral expansion, additional sensors, etc.
- Micro-USB 3.0 interface, debug UART on expansion header
- Motor-control I/O — DSP sensor-core interface to Electronic Speed Control board (ESC brd available separately)
- Radio control I/O—dedicated interface for Spektrum radio control transceiver
- Linux® BSP included, compatible with Qualcomm Machine Vision and Navigator SDKs (available from Qualcomm)
- Compatible with Robot Operating System (ROS)
- Supports application development through SDK and Docker container
- Operating Temperature -10°C to +70°C
- 75x36mm PCA mounted in plastic housing with four cameras and Wi-Fi/BT antennas installed
- Mechanically compatible with third-party drone airframe
- Call (800) 422-7055 to speak with a Lantronix sales representative in North America.
- Lantronix Worldwide Offices – Find an office in your region from our list of worldwide offices.
- Find a Lantronix Partner – Lantronix products are available from a variety of leading technology vendors.
Overview for Qualcomm® Flight Pro™ Development Kit
Before you purchase the Qualcomm® Flight Pro™ Development Kit, please be aware of the following:
Features & Specifications for Qualcomm® Flight Pro™ Development Kit
Docs & Downloads for Qualcomm® Flight Pro™ Development Kit
Order Information & Part Numbers for Qualcomm® Flight Pro™ Development Kit
Lantronix Online Store (U.S.A., Canada, Mexico, Europe)
Click on a cart button below to buy direct from Lantronix.
|QC-820-Flight-01||Qualcomm® Flight Pro™ Development Kit||
Base Development Kit
|QC-FLIGHT-ESC||Qualcomm® Flight™ Electronic Speed Controller||
Speed Controller Only
|QC-820-Flight-02||Qualcomm® Flight Pro™ Development Board||
|080-0071-0100_1||Qualcomm® Flight Pro™ APM Power Adapter||
Power Adapter Only
|Lantronix Part #||Name||Description||Order Now|