MatchPort Architect (AR) delivers SSL/SSH ready Ethernet networking capability to virtually any product with a serial interface on the host microcontroller
Embedded Device Server
- Application-ready, secure SSL/SSH networking module for high-volume applications
- Low cost, high-performance, 32-bit, 166Mhz 159 MIPS platform
- Built-in CGI and AJAX web server
- Pin compatible family includes 802.11 b/g wireless
- Ethernet MAC/PHY; add only RJ45 jack and magnetics to device’s PCB
- SNMP V2c ready, MIB II support
- “Cisco-like” CLI, XML, serial and Telnet management capability
MatchPort AR Overview
MatchPort Architect (AR) delivers SSL/SSH ready Ethernet networking capability to virtually any product with a serial interface on the host microcontroller. This flexible product provides affordable connectivity in the same compact, single-socket form factor as its wireless cousin, the MatchPort b/g. With MatchPort, OEMs can design wired Ethernet or WiFi networking into their products using a single PCB design.
MatchPort AR is a powerful networking co-processor module. Without burdening the device’s main processor, it sends and receives serial data in packets over Ethernet. It incorporates state-of-the-art CGI and AJAX web server capabilities for remote data acquisition, device monitoring and configuration, and virtually no programming is required.
With a simple connection between the device microcontroller’s serial port and one of MatchPort AR’s two serial ports, it enables OEMs to create feature-rich applications for medical, security, retail/POS, industrial/building automation, metering, gaming and more.
Pin-compatible Wired Module Family
The MatchPort family lets you “future proof” your designs with a choice of flexible, media-independent 802.11 b/g or Ethernet networking modules. It takes the complexity out of RF design and embedded Ethernet networking so you can focus on designing your products. And it minimizes engineering risk, reduces cost and shortens development time.
The MatchPort AR award-winning operating system, Evolution OS, offers a variety of robust data encryption and authentication options, including secure SSH v2.0, SSL v3.0 protocol support with a choice of AES or 3DES encryption coupled with SHA-1 or MD5 authentication. Evolution OS supports both public and private key infrastructures and provides the flexibility to use any key size up to 1024-bit. As of firmware 188.8.131.52R6, 256-bit AES is supported and 3DES, RC4 and Triple DES ciphers have been deprecated
Evolution OS is designed to survive hostile Internet attacks such as denial of service (DoS) and port mapping. It also ensures that MatchPort cannot be used to bring down other devices on the network.
Advanced Web Server Technologies
MatchPort’s advanced, integrated CGI-capable web server transforms a standalone device into a fully functioning networked product that can be configured and managed remotely via a standard web browser. Users can remotely monitor and collect information from the device in real-time using the CGI (Common Gateway Interface)-capable server and send the information to dynamic web pages. MatchPort AR incorporates AJAX technology to ensure smooth browsing of dynamic content served from the edge device. Additionally, it supports open standards such as “Cisco-like” CLI, XML and serial and Telnet management options.
XML and RSS support provide a useful way to transfer information for machine-to-machine communication. An RSS aggregator can collect readings from various machines and push them to a supervisory program for monitoring and control. In a security system, XML data sent to an application can provide enough information to decide whether to call the police or fire department. Similarly, facilities managers could use an aggregator to collect RSS feeds from remote locations to check for open or closed doors, for example.
Processing Power and Flexibility
MatchPort AR effortlessly handles the most computationally demanding applications with a 32-bit, 159 MIPS (Dhrystone 2.1) 166 MHz processor. With 8 MB SDRAM and 4 MB Flash, it provides enough memory capacity for OEM customization, loading web pages and data ‘store-and-forward’ applications. Seven control pins (CP/GPIO) are available to enable customizable, pre-programmed responses such as email notifications, SNMP traps or I/O control of peripherals.
MatchPort AR Tech Specs
- Interface: CMOS 3.3V signals. Speed software selectable and customizable from 300bps to 230,400bps
- Serial Line Formats: 7 or 8 data bits, 1-2 Stop bits
- Parity: odd, even, none
- Modem Control: DTR, DCD
- Flow Control: XON/XOFF (software), CTS/RTS (hardware), none
- ARP, UDP, TCP, Telnet, ICMP, SNMP, DHCP, BOOTP, Auto IP, HTTP, SMTP, TFTP, HTTPS, SSH, SSL, FTP, PPP
- Ethernet 10/100 base TX with Auto Negotiation, and HP Auto MDIX
- Internal WebManager (SSL Option for secure login)
- Cisco-like CLI (over Serial Ports,Telnet or SSH)
- XML Configuration Records via CLI or FTP
- DeviceInstaller software
- Firmware: Upgradeable via TFTP, FTP, Web, Serial Port
- Flash wear leveling and erase cycle statistics
- SSL Client & Server, Selectable 128/256/512/1024 Bit Certificates
- SSH Client, 8 Server Selectable 128/256/512/1024 Bit Public/Private Key support
- Lantronix end-to-end and AES-256 AES-128 Bit Encryption
- Up to SSL v3.0 and TSL v1.2 support
- AUTHENTICATION: SHA-1, MD5, Base-64
- User Access Lists
- Security hardened OS and Protocol Stacks
- CGI with AJAX support
- Storage capacity: 1 MB with factory default firmware loaded
- Lantronix DSTni-FX 32-bit processor, 166Mhz (159 MIPS – Dhrystone 2.1)
- 7 GPIO
- Memory: 8 MB SDRAM, 4 MB Flash (Factory default). Contact Lantronix for larger memory configuration.
- Average Power Consumption: 0.67W (210mA) at 3.3V
- Operating Temperature range: -40° to +85°C (-40° to 185°F)
- Storage range: -40° to +85°C (-40° to 185°F)
- Dimensions: 44.4 x 44.4 x 10.4 mm (1.75 x 1.75 x .41 in)
- Weight: 29g
- Material: Plastic shell, 260°C tolerant
- Windows® 98/NT/2000/XP/Vista based DeviceInstaller configuration software and Com Port Redirector, Web-Manager.
Internal Web Server
MatchPort AR Resources
MatchPort AR Downloads
MatchPort AR Part Numbers
AES bulk pack w/ 4MB of Flash w/ Evolution OS
sample case w/ 4MB of Flash w/ Evolution OS
Sample of MatchPort AR w/ 8MB of Flash w/ Linux OS
Bulk of MatchPort AR w/ 8MB of Flash w/ Linux OS
Sample of MatchPort AR w/ 8MB of Flash w/ Evolution OS
Bulk of MatchPort AR w/ 8MB of Flash w/ Evolution OS
no module Demonstration Kit, sample must be purchased
Note: MatchPort sample must be purchased separately.
|MPDK1000-01||MatchPort Development Kit|
|Lantronix Part #||Name||Description||Order Now|