XPort Direct+ Evaluation Kit
Embedded Device Server
- Powerful and affordable networking for any device with a serial interface on its microcontroller
- Integrated module with RJ45 and dedicated networking SoC
- Web server, TCP/IP protocol stack and Windows deployment software
- Up to 921 Kbps data rate
- Compact low profile (<12 mm)
- 2 x 12 pin, 2 mm headers
- Three GPIO pins
- RS-232/RS-485 ready
- 256-bit AES encryption for secure communications
Overview for XPort Direct+
The compact XPort Direct+ is an embedded device server module delivering high-performance Ethernet connectivity and web server capabilities.
Manufacturers of high-volume, price-sensitive products can now rapidly and even more affordably web-enable virtually any device with a serial interface on its microcontroller. With this capability, OEMs can offer remote access and control over the Internet as a standard feature in their products.
Economical Platform for High-Volume Deployments
This ready-to-use solution is built on the same time-tested and market-proven technology offered in the successful XPort. With its low cost and powerful functionality, XPort Direct+ is ideal for high-volume product deployments where low-cost, limited functionality host microcontrollers traditionally create a barrier to network-enablement.
- Building automation (lighting, etc.)
- Consumer electronics
- Energy/metering applications
- Home automation (high-end audio, alarm panels, etc.)
- Point of sale (POS) products
- RFID readers
- Sensors and controllers
- Vending machines
- White/durable goods
Integrated Network Communications Module
XPort Direct+ acts as a dedicated co-processor module to optimize network activities, permitting the device’s host microcontroller to function at maximum efficiency. Serial data from the device microcontroller’s CMOS logic-level serial port is packetized and delivered over an Ethernet network via TCP or UDP data packets. Similarly, incoming TCP or UDP packets are unbundled and presented to the attached device over its microcontroller’s serial interface.
XPort Direct+ features a built-in web server for communications with a device via a standard Internet browser. Web capability can be used for remote configuration, real-time monitoring, upgrades and troubleshooting. XPort has 512 KB of on module Flash for web pages and firmware upgrades.
This fully-integrated and ready-to-deploy module also includes a 10/100 MAC/PHY, 256 KB of SRAM, and an RJ45 jack with magnetics, and 256-bit AES encryption for secure communications. Easy to embed, this device server module enables engineers to focus on their core competency while reducing development time and cost and increasing product value.
Feature-Rich Software, Easy Configuration and Deployment
Eliminating the need to negotiate the intricacies of Transmission Control Protocol (TCP) or Internet Protocol (IP), XPort Direct+ incorporates:
- Robust embedded operating system
- Full-featured network protocol stack
- Proven, parameter configurable, ready-to-use serial-to-Ethernet application
- Built-in web server for device communication and configuration via a standard browser
- 256-bit AES encryption
The Windows-based DeviceInstaller makes configuring one or more XPort Direct+ modules in a subnet quick and easy.
- Install and configure XPort and load firmware
- Assign IP & other network specific addresses
- Set wireless parameters
- Load custom web pages and view specific device data
- Enable web-based configuration of the device
- Ping or query the attached device(s) over the network
- Allow Telnet communication with the device(s)
Features & Specifications for XPort Direct+
- Interface: CMOS (Asynchronous, 5V Tolerant)
- Data Rates: 300 bps to 921,600 bps
- Characters: 7 or 8 data bits
- Parity: Odd, even, none
- Stop Bits: 1 or 2
- Control Signals: DTR/DCD, CTS/RTS
- Flow Control: XON/XOFF, RTS/CTS
- Programmable I/O: 3 PIO pins (software selectable)
- Interface: Ethernet 10Base-T or 100Base-TX (Auto-Sensing)
- Connector: RJ45
- Protocols: TCP/IP, UDP/IP, ARP, ICMP, SNMP, TFTP, Telnet, DHCP, BOOTP, HTTP, and AutoIP
- 10Base-T connection
- 100Base-TX connection
- Link & activity indicator – Full/half duplex
- SNMP,Telnet, serial, internal web server, and Microsoft Windows®- based utility for configuration
- Password protection
- 256-bit AES Rijndael encryption
Internal Web Server
- Storage Capacity: 384KB for web pages
Hardware and Firmware
- CPU: Based on the DSTni-EX enhanced 16-bit, 48MHz or 88MHz, x86 architecture
- Memory: 256KB SRAM and 512KB Flash
- Power Input Voltage: 3.3 VDC, 200mA Typical (240mA max)
- Firmware: Upgradeable via TFTP and serially
- Operating Temp: -40° to 85°C (-40° to 185°F)
- Storage (Non-operating): -40° to 85°C (-40° to 185°F)
- Dimensions: 43.3 x 31.75 x 11.76 mm (.702 x 1.25 x .463 in)
- Weight: 9.6 g (0.34 oz)
- 4,972,470 and others
- Web manager,Windows® 98/ME/NT/2000/XP/Vista-based DeviceInstaller configuration software, Com Port Redirector software and related utilities
Order Information & Part Numbers for XPort Direct+
Lantronix products are available from a wide variety of leading technology vendors.
Click here to use our Partner Locator.
To speak with a Lantronix sales representative in North America, call +1 (800) 422-7055. For a full listing of Lantronix worldwide offices, please see our Contact Information page.
XPort Direct+ is also offered without an RJ45 connector
The XPort Direct+ NC (no connector) is a lower-priced option enabling you to place the connector anywhere on the board, based on your design requirements.
|Part Number||Name||Description||Order Now|
XPort Direct+ Device Networking Module, Bulk,
XPort Direct+ Device Networking Module, Kit
XPort Direct+ Device Networking Module, Sample,
XPort Direct+ w/o RJ45 connector, RoHS