XPress DR / XPress DR-IAP
DIN-rail mount form factor serial to Ethernet industrial device server with industrial protocols
- Connect enterprise (ERP,MES) systems to factory floor devices without disturbing existing control networks
- Allow remote firmware upgrades, saving money and time from manual upgrades
- IAP version supports installable industrial communication protocols
- Configurable serial interface supports RS-232, RS-422, or RS-485
- 10Base-T/100Base-TX Ethernet (RJ45)
- Isolated serial and Ethernet ports
- RoHS Compliant
XPress DR / XPress DR-IAP Overview
Remotely configure, program, monitor, and manage:
PLCs, Drives, Process Controls, Power Monitoring Equipment, Barcode Scanners, and other factory floor serial devices
The XPress™ DR and XPress DR-IAP Device Servers allow virtually any serial device to be connected to a new or existing Ethernet network.
By encapsulating serial data and transporting it over Ethernet, the XPress DR/DR-IAP allows virtual serial links to be established over Ethernet. By using these units, limited-distance, point-to-point, and direct serial connections can now be extended within the plant, throughout the facility, or across the global enterprise.
When used in conjunction with an OPC server, most Windows® based HMI, SCADA, and PC-based control applications have full access to information in the connected device. Existing COM-port based Windows® applications can access network-enabled devices using our Com Port Redirector software. Redirector software allows the creation of virtual serial ports, which can be mapped to the remote device servers over Ethernet and connected to the XPress DR and XPress DR-IAP.
The XPress DR-IAP installable communication drivers allow specific support for various industrial communication protocols. With native support for these protocols, devices that previously allowed only one connection can now support multiple connections simultaneously.
Flexible configuration options allow the unit to be set up locally using the serial port, or remotely over Ethernet using Telnet or a common web browser. DeviceInstaller™1, a Windows® based configuration software, simplifies installation and configuration, enables access to the Web Manager and Telnet communications, and ping attached devices over the network. Flash memory provides for maintenance-free, non-volatile storage, and allows future system upgrades.
Packaged in a rugged DIN-rail mount case and featuring 2000V galvanic isolation, 1500V Ethernet isolation, a wide 0° to 60°C operating range, and a 9-30VDC/9-24VAC power input, the XPress DR and XPress DR-IAP are ideal for virtually any industrial application.
1DeviceInstaller is available as a free download.
XPress DR / XPress DR-IAP Tech Specs
- Interface: RS-232, RS-422, or RS-485
- Connector: Screw terminals or RJ45
- Data Rates: 300 to 115,200 bps
- Characters: 7 or 8 data bits
- Parity: odd, even, none
- Stop Bits: 1 or 2
- Flow Control:
- Software: XON/XOFF
- Hardware: RTS/CTS
- Installable Serial Protocols (XPress-DR-IAP only)
- Standards: ARP, UDP/IP, TCP/IP, ICMP, SNMP, BOOTP, DHCP, TFTP, Telnet, and HTTP
- Interface: 10Base-T/100Base-TX Ethernet
- Connector: RJ45
- Installable application layer protocols (XPress-DR-IAP only)
- Ready, Fault/Configuration, Activity, Link, Serial Transmit Data, Serial Receive Data
- SNMP, serial, Telnet, and HTTP (web browser)
- Ethernet: 1500 Vrms
- Serial: 2000 Vrms
- Input: 9 to 30VDC/9-24VAC, 3W maximum
- Connector: Screw terminals for power and ground
- Temperature: 0° to 60°C (32° to 140°F)
- Humidity: 20% to 90% RH, non-condensing
- Mounting: DIN-rail (35 mm)
- Material: High-impact plastic
- Dimensions (LxWxH): 6.09 x 3.55 x 8.8 cm (2.4 x 1.4 x 3.5 in)
- UL, FCC, CE, RCM, VCCI
- Windows® based configuration software (available as a free download) simplifies initial setup
- Dimensions (LxWxH): 18.7 x 22.9 x 11.1 cm (7.375 x 9.0 x 4.375 in)