- 802.11 b/g wireless networking for virtually any electronic device
- Wired Ethernet-to-wireless bridging
- Bulletproof wireless security with IEEE 802.11i-PSK, WPA-PSK, TKIP
- Secure end-to-end communication with Advanced Encryption Standards (AES)
- FCC Class B, UL and EN EMC and safety-compliant
- Robust Real Time Operating System (RTOS)
- Full-featured network protocol stack
- Proven, ready-to-use serial-to-wireless application
- Built-in web server for device communication and configuration via a standard browser
- Install and configure WiPort and load firmware
- Assign IP & other network specific addresses
- Set wireless parameters
- Load custom web pages and view specific device data
- Enable web-based configuration of the device
- Ping or query the attached device(s) over the network
- Allow Telnet communication with the device(s)
- Wireless Standards: IEEE 802.11b; 802.11g
- Frequency Range: 2.412 – 2.484 GHz
- Output Power: 14dBm +1.5 dBm/-1.0 dBm
- Maximum Receive Level: -10dBm (with PER < 8%)
- Data Rates With Automatic Fallback: 54Mbps — 1Mbps
- Media Access Control: CSMA/CA with ACK
- Range: Up to 328 feet indoors
- Modulation Techniques: OFDM, DSSS, CCK, DQPSK, DBPSK, 64 QAM, 16 QAM
- Interface: CMOS (Asynchronous) 3.3V-level signals, rate is software selectable (300 bps to 921,600 bps)
- Serial Line Formats: 7 or 8 data bits, 1-2 Stop bits
- Parity: odd, even, none
- Modem Control: DTR, DCD
- Flow Control: XON/XOFF (software), CTS/RTS (hardware), none
- Interface: Wireless 802.11b, 802.11g and 10/100 Ethernet
- Protocols Supported: ARP, UDP, TCP, Telnet, ICMP, SNMP, DHCP, BOOTP, Auto IP, HTTP, SMTP, TFTP
- Internal web server, SNMP (read only)
- Serial login
- Telnet login
- DeviceInstaller software
- IEEE 802.11i – PSK with AES-CCMP Encryption
- WPA – PSK
- TKIP Encryption
- 64/128-bit WEP
- Serves web pages
- Storage capacity: 1.2 MB
- CPU, Memory: Lantronix DSTni-EX 186 CPU, on-chip 256 KB zero wait static SRAM, 2,048 KB Flash, 16 KB Boot ROM, 802.11 b/g radio
- Firmware: Upgradeable via TFTP and serial port
- Average Power Consumption: 1300 mW (WLAN mode;maximum data rate) 300 mW (WLAN mode;idle) 750 mW (Ethernet mode)
- Peak Supply Current: 650 mA
- Operating range,WLAN: -40° to +70°C (-40° to 158°F)
- Storage range: -40° to +85°C (-40° to 185°F)
- Dimensions: 33.9 x 32.5 x 10.5 (1.335 x 1.28 x .415 in)
- Weight: 29g
- Material: Metal shell
- Web manager, Windows®-based DeviceInstaller configuration software and Com Port Redirector.
Overview for WiPort
Build Embedded 802.11 b/g Wireless Networking Into Your Products!
A compact, integrated hardware and software module, WiPort enables you to build wireless networking into virtually any electronic device with serial or Ethernet capability. With WiPort your products can be wirelessly accessed and controlled over a network or the Internet!
The matchbook-sized WiPort takes the complexity out of RF design and embedded Ethernet networking and WiPort enables engineers to focus on their core competency of designing products. It minimizes engineering risk, reduces cost and shortens development time. Just apply power and UART output, and the product is wireless and network-ready!
Complete Wireless Network Processing Module
Powered by a Lantronix DSTni Ethernet processor SoC that includes a 10Base-T/100Base-TX MAC/PHY and 256 KB of on-chip SRAM, WiPort also includes a complete 802.11 b/g radio and 2MB of Flash memory for web page storage and system upgrades. WiPort is a dedicated co-processor module that optimizes network activity, permitting the device’s host microprocessor to function at maximum efficiency. WiPort connects through its coaxial “pigtail” to an external panel-mounted antenna for rapid electromechanical integration. WiPort works with serial or Ethernet interface devices. SPI, I2C, USB or CAN connectivity can be enabled as a future option.
With IEEE 802.11i-PSK or WPA (PSK, TKIP) encryption WiPort offers heightened security. WiPort also supports 256-bit Advanced Encryption Standards (Rjindael) encryption for true end-to-end (wired to wireless to wired) secure data transfer.
Robust, Feature-Rich Software Suite
Eliminating the need to negotiate the intricacies of Transmission Control Protocol (TCP) or Internet Protocol (IP), WiPort incorporates:
The Windows-based DeviceInstaller™ makes configuring one or more WiPorts in a subnet quick and easy.
FCC Certified for Immediate Deployment
WiPort is certified by the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC). This allows you to leverage the Lantronix WiPort FCC license grant to your label and bypass 802.11 regulatory testing. This accelerates time-to-market and reduces development and testing costs. WiPort is also pre-tested for European telecommunications regulations.
With a separate Ethernet port, WiPort offers the unique ability to transparently bridge existing Ethernet-ready devices to a wireless network.
Scan, Gather and Report Radio Parameters
With its Scan command, WiPort enables the ability to report MAC address, RSSI and SSID which are extremely useful during site survey work. The Network Status command additionally reports channel, infra/adhoc, security type, authentication, negotiated encryption types for the current association.
Features & Specifications for WiPort
Internal Web Server
Docs & Downloads for WiPort
|WiPort G Firmware|
|WiPort B Firmware (Discontinued)|
Order Information & Part Numbers for WiPort
Lantronix products are available from a wide variety of leading technology vendors. Click here to use our Partner Locator. To speak with a Lantronix sales representative in North America, call +1 (800) 422-7055. For a full listing of Lantronix worldwide offices, please see our Contact Information page.
|WP2001000G-02||WiPort b/g bulk pack||
- Minimum order quantity 25 units
|WP2002000G-02||WiPort b/g AES bulk pack||Contact Us|
|WP200200SG-02||WiPort b/g AES sample case||
- One WiPort enclosed
|WP20010NMK-01||WiPort Evaluation Kit||
WiPort Evaluation kit without a module. Includes the WiPort evaluation board, cables and antenna. Customer must by a WiPort or WiPort NR sample unit separately
|Lantronix Part #||Name||Description||Order Now|
WiPort Evaluation Kit