External Device Server
- Replace expensive dedicated PCs with fast and reliable networking technology
- Compact size enables it to fit almost anywhere
- Supports RS-232, RS-422 and RS-485 serial connections
- 10Mbps or 10/100Mbps Ethernet through an RJ45 connector
- Configure via HTTP, DHCP, Telnet or serial
- Flash ROM for easy upgrades
Overview for UDS-10
Remotely Monitor, Manage and Share Connected Devices Over a Network of the Internet
In today’s economy, faster and better access to information can mean the difference between success and failure. The UDS-10 single-port device server provide a quick, simple and cost-effective way to bring the advantages of data accessibility and remote management to equipment not currently connected to a network.
Our approach to network-enabling devices is transparent to your attached devices and software. So, you won’t need to change the way you work, and there’s no need to develop special software to take advantage of Ethernet networking. And with the UDS-10 any piece of equipment with a serial port can be added to the network in a matter of minutes!
Using a method called serial tunneling, the UDS-10 encapsulates serial data into packets and transports it over Ethernet. Using two UDS-10s, connected by a network, virtual serial connections can be extended across a facility or around the world. So you can manage your equipment from virtually anywhere over Ethernet or the Internet.
The included redirection software extends the functionality of your COM port-based Windows® applications. With virtual COM ports, mapped to remote device servers on the network, you can replace direct serial connections.
Easy to Set Up and Use
The included Windows-based configuration software simplifies installation and setup. The UDS-10 can also be set up locally through its serial port, or remotely over a network using Telnet or a web browser.
The UDS-10 even includes a built-in web server, which can be used for configuration, or to display operating and troubleshooting information on the attached links to online support.
Flash memory provides for maintenance-free nonvolatile storage of web pages, and allows future system software upgrades.
In modem emulation mode, the UDS-10 is used to replace dial-up modems. The unit accepts modem AT commands on the serial port, then establishes a network connection to the end device, leveraging network connections and bandwidth to eliminate dedicated modems and phone lines. If you’re looking for a transparent, cost-effective, and scalable means to network-enable your serial devices, look no further than the UDS-10.
Features & Specifications for UDS-10
- ARP, UDP, TCP, Telnet, ICMP, SNMP, DHCP, TFTP and HTTP
- Supports any asynchronous serial device with 7 or 8-bit data,with or without parity requiring Ethernet access
- RJ45 (10Base-T or 10Base-T/100Base-TX) Ethernet
- DB25F, RS-232/RS-422/RS-485 serial port with DCE configuration
- Serial speeds 300 bps to 115Kbps
- RTS, CTS, DSR, DCD, DTR
- Software XON/XOFF
- Hardware CTS/RTS
- Internal HTTP server
- SNMP (read only)
- Serial login
- Telnet login
- Flash ROM standard; downloadable from a TCP/IP host (TFTP) or over the serial port
- Good link (green)
- Network transmit/receive data (yellow)
- Collisions (red)
- Diagnostic (red)
- Status (green)
- Power input via standard barrel connector or DB25 serial connector
- Input Range: 9 to 30 VDC or 9 to 24 VAC @ 250mA
- Operating: 5° to 50° C (41° to 122° F)
- Storage: -40° to 66° C (-40° to 151° F)
- Dimensions (LxWxH): 9.0 x 6.4 x 2.3 cm (3.5 x 2.5 x 0.9 in)
- Weight: .8 lbs (.35 Kg)
- CE, FCC B, TUV, C/UL
Order Information & Part Numbers for UDS-10
Lantronix Online Store (U.S.A., Canada, Mexico, Europe)
Click on a cart button below to buy direct from Lantronix.
- Call (800) 422-7055 to speak with a Lantronix sales representative in North America.
- Lantronix Worldwide Offices – Find an office in your region from our list of worldwide offices.
- Find a Lantronix Partner – Lantronix products are available from a variety of leading technology vendors.
|UDS-10-01||UDS-10 Device Server||
110 VAC, 50/60 Hz adapter
|UDS-10-02||UDS-10 Device Server||
100-240 VAC, 50/60 Hz Intl. adapter
Optional Male DB25 to screw terminal block connector
|Lantronix Part #||Name||Description||Order Now|