Lantronix SLB: Branch Office Manager
Lantronix SLB is a hybrid appliance combining a console manager and a PDU that provides real time visibility and control over branch office IT equipment securely and quickly. Without ever leaving your desk! Complete this solution with ConsoleFlow™, a centralized and automated monitoring management software.
Ensure network and business continuity at branch offices and remote sites and re mediate issues with automatic fail over to a secondary network.
- Compact hybrid design eliminates need for costly on-site interventions and increases response efficiency
- Centralized management integration with the Lantronix® ConsoleFlow™
- Optional LTE Connectivity (Lantronix G520) with automatic fail-over feature
- Integrates secure console management (8 serial ports), remote power management (8 switching power outlets) and dual AC power inlets for redundancy and failover
- Automatic transfer switch. SLB monitors dual AC inputs and will transfer power to secondary power source if primary power is lost
- Per outlet current measurement for energy monitoring
- Front LCD and keypad allows for quick network setup and easy deployment
- Provides the highest levels of encryption and security to ensure data assets are protected
Lantronix SLB Overview
Consolidated Hybrid Management Solution for the “Distributed IT” Environment
Tired of costly branch office downtime? Lantronix SLB provides real time visibility and control over branch office IT equipment securely and quickly. Without ever leaving your desk.
Secure Lantronix Branch Office Manager (SLB)
Personnel in offices apart from corporate headquarters often face unique challenges when it comes to managing IT equipment such as servers, routers, switches, firewalls, VPNs, PBX and UPS systems. Often, there is no dedicated or on-site system administrator. Therefore, when issues with networked equipment arise, they require a consultant or excessive phone time with corporate technical support – both adding cost and potentially extending downtime. With the newly redesigned Lantronix SLB secure branch office manager, these are no longer concerns. System and Network administrators can remotely control and manage console and power (on/off/reboot) of IT equipment anytime, anywhere.
Remote Console & Power Management In One
By consolidating two essential functions it saves space, simplifies deployment and lowers the cost of managing a “distributed IT” environment.
Built Specifically for the Branch Office
The Lantronix SLB is ideal for locations with a handful of servers and/ or networked devices and where there is little or no on-site IT staff, such as branch offices or campus environments. The SLB supports a variety of industries including banking, finance, insurance, healthcare, retail sales, hospitality and education. It delivers secure remote console and power management (on/off/reboot) for up to eight devices. A total out-of-band solution, the SLB enables administrators to centrally monitor, manage and troubleshoot IT equipment even if the network or Internet is down.
Because the Lantronix SLB integrates console and power management into a single unit, satellite facilities are not forced to purchase separate solutions that are designed for the enterprise data center which can be excessive for the remote branch office.
Enterprise IT Security for the Branch
Because protecting IT assets is a top priority, Lantronix SLB provides SSH/SSL data encryption and features NIST-certified AES encryption. It also supports remote authentication for integration with other systems already in place. For added protection, it includes a firewall that filters connection attempts to a specified IP address, port, or protocol based on a defined rule set.
Easy to Deploy and Use
The Branch Office Manager is very simple to set up. After connecting the unit and assigning an IP address locally, administrators back at corporate can do the complete configuration remotely. A front panel LCD with keypad, “quick setup” Web interface and a command line interface (CLI) setup script are all available. The comprehensive online help system includes context-sensitive information during configuration and operation.
The Flexible, Scalable and Complete Distributed Out of Band Management (OOBM) Solution
Lantronix SLB can be coupled with a Lantronix Spider distributed KVM over IP switch to add BIOS-level server management. Together they are a flexible, scalable and affordable solution for managing distributed IT assets. Spider delivers secure, non-blocked access to servers without the need for any additional client software. With a server-powered, zero-U design, it takes no rack space and does not require an external power supply.
New: LTE Cellular Connectivity
The Lantronix G520 delivers mission-critical LTE connectivity as a fail-over solution to protect your data center and branch office out-of-band management infrastructure against wireline failure. With new automatic fail-over functionality built into your SLB Branch Office Manager, deployment of a secondary enterprise network connection is simple and quick, and automatic fail-over from a wireline network outage is seamless.
Lantronix SLB Tech Specs
- In-Band (Ethernet) – Dual Ethernet ports
- Out-of-Band (Local terminal, USB Modem or Internal Modem)
- Secure Shell (SSH v1, v2, Public Key)
- Secure Sockets Layer (SSL v3, TLS v1)
- Packet filtering (firewall)
- Per port user permissions
- Configurable user rights
- Remote authentication: LDAP, Active Directory, NIS, RADIUS, Kerberos, TACACS+
- Telnet/SSH to command line
- Telnet/SSH/RAW-TCP direct to IP address and port number
- Web Telnet /SSH
- Multiple concurrent Telnet/SSH sessions
- Simultaneous access on the same port
- Sun break-safe
- Customizable multi-level user menus
- Port buffering – 256 KB per port
- Port logging to local files, USB drive, remote NFS files (simultaneously)
- Local logging viewable via CIFS
- System event logs
- Console event notification (e-mail)
- Event string recognition (RegExp)
- Front panel keypad/LCD display for network setup and outlet status
- Quick setup and configuration via web or CLI Command line interface (Telnet, SSH, web Telnet/SSH or direct serial)
- SNMP (MIB II) compatible – v1, v2, v3, custom MIB’s
- Diagnostics and port status counters
- Configuration audit log
- Individual outlet control: on/off/reboot
- Configure “power on delay” of individual outlets
- Over current monitor/alarm
- Per-outlet current consumption measurement
- DHCP and BOOTP for dynamic IP address assignment
- NTP for time synchronization
- FTP, TFTP, SFTP, SCP client for file transfers
- DNS for text-to-IP address name resolution
- SSH, SSL, Telnet, TCP & UDP, PPP w/PAP/CHAP, NFS and CIFS for connections in and out of the SLB
- RIP and RIPv2
- Operating Temp: 0°-50°C (32°-122°F)
- Storage Temp: -20°-70°C (-4°-158°F)
- Relative Humidity: 10 to 90%, non-condensing
- Network: Two 10Base-T/100Base-TX (RJ45) Ethernet
- Serial Device Ports: 8-Ports, RS-232 (RJ45), 300 to 230400 bps
- Power Outlets: 8 NEMA 5-20R Ports, 100-120 VAC
- Power Inlets:
- SLB882 (100-120 VAC) IEC60320 C20, 50/60 Hz
- SLB8824 (200-240 VAC) IEC60320 C20, 50/60 Hz
- Console Port: RS-232 (RJ45), 300 to 230400 bps
- USB Port: 1.2 or 2.0 (full speed only)
- Internal Dial-up Modem: v.92, 56K
- Embedded Linux
- Compatible with the Lantronix ConsoleFlow™ central management software
- Less than 30W max
- Dimensions (LxWxH):30.5 x 43.8 x 4.4cm (12 x 17.25 x 1.75in.), 1U
- Weight: 10lbs. maximum, depending on options
- Shipping weight: 14lbs. maximum
- FCC PART 15, VCCI, UL/CUL, NIST-certified implementation of AES (Advanced Encryption Standards) as specified by FIPS-197 (uses SLB-SSH algorithm)
- 5-year limited warranty
Security and Authentication
Serial Device Port Access
Data Capture and Notification
Additional Protocols Supported
Lantronix SLB ResourcesVideosPress Releases
Lantronix SLB Downloads
Lantronix SLB Part Numbers
* Included power cords vary for kit purchased.
Note: Unit input current is de-rated to 12A and 16A when using SLPP12310-01 and SLPP12410-01 respectively.
Note: Wireless data plan sold separately
© Lantronix, Inc. 2022. All Rights Reserved.
The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.