Embedded Wireless Device Server
- Extremely affordable embedded 802.11 b/g wireless networking
- Wired Ethernet-to-wireless bridging
- Common platform form factor for a family of wired and wireless modules
- Bulletproof security with IEEE 802.11i-PSK,WPA-PSK, TKIP and optional 256-bit AES end-to-end encryption
- Full TCP/IP stack,web server and Windows deployment software
- Two serial channels; up to 921 Kbps data rate
- FCC Class B, UL and EN EMC and safety-compliant
- Compact: 45mm x 45mm with 40-pin 2 mm header
- Product Overview
- Features & Specifications
- Order Now
The Ultimate in Flexibility, Security, Performance and Affordability in Embedded Wireless Networking
MatchPort® b/g enables you to build wireless networking into virtually any electronic device with a serial interface. With this full-featured, turnkey embedded device server module your products can be wirelessly accessed and controlled over the Internet!
Pin-compatible Wireless/Wired Module Family
MatchPort b/g is the first in a family of pin and form-factor compatible wireless and wired module solutions. The MatchPort family enables you to “future proof” your designs with a choice of flexible media-independent 802.11 b/g or Ethernet networking products. It takes the complexity out of RF design and embedded Ethernet networking, enabling you to focus on your products. And it minimizes engineering risk, reduces cost and shortens development time.
Complete Wireless Network Processing Module
MatchPort b/g is a dedicated co-processor module that manages wireless and network activity, permitting the device’s host microprocessor to function at maximum efficiency. Using a dual processor design (one for converting wired serial data into TCP/IP packets and providing web server capabilities, the other an 802.11 b/g baseband and radio chipset) MatchPort b/g enables 802.11 wireless connectivity and web services on any device with a serial interface on its host microcontroller.
Powered by a Lantronix DSTni™ x86 class processor SoC with 256 KB of on-chip SRAM, MatchPort b/g also includes 2MB of Flash memory for web page storage and firmware.
With IEEE 802.11i-PSK (AES-CCMP) or WPA-PSK (TKIP) security, MatchPort b/g offers the highest levels of wireless encryption. It also optionally supports 256-bit Advanced Encryption Standards (Rijndael) encryption for true end-to-end (along the wired/wireless path) secure data transfer.
Robust, Feature-Rich Software Suite
Eliminating the need to negotiate the intricacies of Transmission Control Protocol (TCP) or Internet Protocol (IP), MatchPort b/g incorporates:
- Robust operating system
- Full-featured network protocol stack and radio system driver
- Proven, ready-to-use serial-to-wireless application
- Built-in web server for device communication and configuration via a standard browser
- Windows-based DeviceInstaller™ – making configuring one or more units in a subnet quick and easy
FCC Certified for Immediate Deployment
MatchPort b/g is module certified by the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC). This allows you to leverage the Lantronix FCC license grant and bypass 802.11 regulatory testing, speeding time-to-market and minimizing development and testing costs. MatchPort b/g is also pretested for European telecommunications regulations.
Flexible, Efficient Design
Designed without an attached antenna, MatchPort b/g provides the flexibility to design and place the antenna and antenna connector based on your design requirements. MatchPort b/g includes a user controlled intelligent power management option to shut the radio off during periods of inactivity minimizing unnecessary current consumption.
With a separate Ethernet port, MatchPort b/g offers the unique ability to transparently bridge existing Ethernet-ready devices to a wireless network.
Scan, Gather and Report Radio Parameters
With its Scan command, MatchPort b/g enables the ability to report BSSID, RSSI and SSID. The Network Status command reports BSSID, authentication and negotiated encryption types for the current association.
Features & Specifications
- Wireless Standards: IEEE 802.11b; 802.11g
- Frequency Range: 2.412 – 2.484 GHz
- Output Power: 14dBm +2.0 dBm/-1.5 dBm (does not include antenna gain)
- Maximum Receive Sensitivity: -91dBm @ 1Mbps
- Data Rates With Automatic Fallback: 54Mbps — 1Mbps
- Range: Up to 328 feet indoors
- Modulation Techniques: OFDM, DSSS, CCK, DQPSK, DBPSK, 64 QAM, 16 QAM
- Two Serial Ports
- Interface: CMOS (Asynchronous) 3.3V-level signals, rate is software selectable (300 bps to 921,000 bps)
- Serial Line Formats: 7 or 8 data bits, 1-2 Stop bits
- Parity: odd, even, none
- Modem Control: DTR, DCD
- Flow Control: XON/XOFF (software), CTS/RTS (hardware), none
- Interface: Wireless 802.11b, 802.11g
- Protocols Supported: ARP, UDP, TCP, Telnet, ICMP, SNMP, DHCP, BOOTP, Auto IP, HTTP, SMTP, TFTP
- Internal web server
- SNMP (read only)
- Serial login
- Telnet login
- DeviceInstaller software
- IEEE 802.11i - PSK with AES-CCMP Encryption
- WPA - PSK
- TKIP Encryption
- 64/128-bit WEP
Internal Web Server
- Serves web pages
- Storage capacity: 1.2 MB
- CPU, Memory: Lantronix DSTni-EX x86 CPU, on-chip 256 KB zero wait static SRAM, 2,048 KB Flash, 16 KB Boot ROM, 8 GPIO
- Firmware: Upgradeable via TFTP and serial port
- Average Power Consumption: Data Transfer
- 740 mW (Low cpu); active
- 250 mW (Low cpu); inactive
- Peak Supply Current: 360 mA Data Transfer
- Operating range,WLAN: -40° to +70°C (-40° to 158°F) Storage range: -40° to +85°C (-40° to 185°F)
- Dimensions: 44.4 x 44.4 x 10.4 mm (1.75 x 1.75 x .41 in)
- Weight: 14g
- Material: Plastic shell, 260°C tolerant
- Windows® 98/NT/2000/XP/Vista based DeviceInstaller configuration software and Com Port Redirector™, Web-Manager
Order Information & Part Numbers
Lantronix Online Store (U.S.A., Canada, Mexico, Europe)
Click on a cart button below to buy direct from Lantronix.
- Call (800) 422-7055 to speak with a Lantronix sales representative in North America.
- Lantronix Worldwide Offices - Find an office in your region from our list of worldwide offices.
- Find a Lantronix Partner - Lantronix products are available from a variety of leading technology vendors.
|Part Number||Description||Order Now|
|MP1001000G-01||MatchPort b/g bulk pack (Min. Quantity
RoHS Cert. of Compliance
|MP1002000G-01||MatchPort b/g AES bulk pack (Min. Quantity
RoHS Cert. of Compliance
|MP100200SG-01|| MatchPort b/g AES sample case (Order
quantities of up to 10)
- One (6 in.)Antenna cable U.FL to R-SMA (p/n 500-180-R-ACC)
- One MatchPort b/g enclosed
- Free 30-day Secure Com Port Redirector™ evaluation license
|MP10010NMK-01||MatchPort no module Demonstration Kit, sample must be purchased
Note: MatchPort sample must be purchased separately.
| MatchPort b/g
Eval Kit Bundle
|MatchPort Module & Evaluation Board
|930-033-R||Accessory antenna||Contact Us|
|500-180-R-ACC||Antenna cable (6 in.) U.FL to R-SMA (10 pack)|
|500-181-R-ACC||Antenna cable (6 in.) U.FL to U.FL (10 pack)|