Evolution Device Server - Ethernet Terminal Servers / Device Servers
- Dual-purpose Ethernet terminal server and device server design
- Rack-mountable, data center-ready device / Ethernet terminal servers; with 8, 16 and 32 serial ports
- Put just about any piece of equipment with a serial port on the enterprise network with robust “data center grade” security, including AES, SSH and SSL
- Offers a fully programmable device computing platform based on
corporate IT standards – Cisco®-like CLI, XML, RSS
- Print server functionality (LPR/LPD)
- Powerful web manager for easy device configuration
- Product Overview
- Features & Specifications
- Order Now
Remotely Monitor, Manage and Share Equipment Over a Network or the Internet
EDS is a unique, hybrid Ethernet terminal and multi-port device server product designed to remotely access and manage virtually all of your IT/networking equipment and servers, as well as edge devices such as medical equipment, kiosks, POS/retail terminals, security equipment and much more.
Delivering a data center-grade, programmable device computing and networking platform for integrating “edge” equipment into the enterprise network, rack-mountable EDS models are available in available in 8, 16 and 32 port configurations.
Featuring Evolution OS®, our powerful real-time networking operating system, they deliver an unprecedented level of intelligence and security to networked equipment. With these innovative, versatile products, multiple electronic devices can become secure members of the corporate network that can be accessed and managed from virtually anywhere, at any time.
Easy to Setup
Without requiring any special software, these multi-port device servers can connect up to 8 to 16 or 32 RS-232 serial devices to your network in a matter of minutes. Using a unique method called “serial tunneling,” they encapsulate serial data from the device into packets to transport it over Ethernet.
Setup is a breeze with the included Windows-based DeviceInstaller™. The EDS can also be set up locally via a serial port, or remotely over a network using Telnet, a web browser or SNMP.
Evolution OS provides a ‘data center-grade’ level of protection so each device on the network carries the same level of security as IT equipment in your corporate data center. The EDS feature robust defenses to hostile Internet attacks such as denial of service (DoS) and port mapping that could be used to take down your network. The hardened OS and mature protocol stack prevent the device servers from being used to bring down other devices on the network. And with built-in AES, SSH and SSL, they provide robust key management algorithms that:
- Verify that any data received came from the proper source
- Validate that data transferred from the source over the network is unchanged when it arrives at its destination
- Provide the ability to run popular M2M protocols over a secure SSH or AES connection
With SSH and SSL, they support a variety of popular cipher technologies including 128/256/512/1024-bit AES (Rijndael), 3DES and RC4 Encryption Public/Private keys and hashing algorithms such as SHA-1 and MD5. HTTP authentication uses Base-64, Digest Authentication and SSL.
Cisco-like CLI – The EDS utilizes a Cisco-like command line interface (CLI) with syntax very similar to that used by data center equipment such as routers and hubs. This industrystandard tool simplifies configuration and control, making it easier to integrate edge devices or data center equipment into the enterprise network.
XML-based Architecture – XML is a standard tool for web services, data transfer and rich content management that encapsulates data into a text-based format. XML-based configuration and setup records in the EDS make device configuration transparent and easily modified with a standard text or XML editor.
Eight MB of Flash memory provides maintenance-free, nonvolatile storage of web pages, and enables future system software upgrades. Featuring a 32-bit XScale processor and 64MB of RAM.
Com Port Redirector
Lantronix Com Port Redirector™ software is included. It redirects application data destined for a local serial (COM) port on a PC to a serial port on the EDS. Data sent from the equipment to the device server is transmitted back to the application over the network. Com Port Redirector then presents the data to the application as if it were from a local serial COM port.
Features & Specifications
- Interface: Software selectable RJ45 serial ports with customizable baud rate support for non-standard serial speeds
- Data Rates: Software selectable standard baud rates from 300 to 230 KBaud
- Connectors: 8, 16 or 32 RJ45 serial ports depending upon model
- Characters: 7 or 8 data bits
- Parity: Odd, even, none
- Stop Bits: 1 or 2
- Control Signals: CTS, RTS, DTR, DCD
- Flow Control: XON/XOFF (software), CTS/RTS (hardware), None
- Ethernet 10Base-T or 100Base-TX (auto sensing and hard-coded, auto crossover)
- Connector: RJ45
- Standards: HTTP, HTTPS, FTP, TFTP, Telnet, TCP, UDP,LPD, XML, DHCP, SSHv2, SSLv3, SNMPv2, AutoIP, RSS, ARP, ICMP, SYSLOG, AES, SMTP, DNS, BOOTP, Traceroute
- 10Base-T and 100Base-TX Link
- Ethernet Activity
- Serial Transmit Data
- Serial Receive Data
- CPU: Intel XScale IXP420 Network Processor running at 266MHz
- 32k Instruction Cache
- 32k Data Cache
- 64 MB SDRAM
- 8 MB Flash
- 2 KB EEPROM
- Internal web server, SNMP v2 (MIBII,RS232MIB), Serial login, Telnet login, XML
- Firmware: Upgradable via the Web Manager, TFTP or FTP
- Internal Web Server: Serves static and dynamic CGI-based pages and applets
- Storage capacity: 6 MB using industry-standard file system
- 100-240VAC, 50 to 60 Hz IEC-type cord
- 20 Watts
- Operating: 0° to +50°C (32° to 122°F)
- Storage: -40° to 70°C (-40 to 151°F)
- Relative Humidity: 5 to 95%, non-condensing
- Case: Metal enclosure with removable wall mounts
- Dimensions (LxWxH): 30.5 x 43.8 x 4.4 cm (12 x 17.25 x 1.75 in)
- Weight: 4.54 Kg (10 lb)
- Dimensions (LxWxH): 56 x 48 x 20 cm (22x19x8 in)
- Weight: 4.5 kg (10 lbs) maximum, depending on options
- Windows® 98/ME/NT/2000/XP/Vista-based DeviceInstaller™ configuration software, Com Port Redirector™ software and related utilities
Product Label Markings
- FCC Part 15 Statement Class A Device, ICES-003 Class A Device, C-Tick, VCCI, CE Marking, UL-CUL Mark, TUV-GS Mark, RoHS
- Ethernet: Version 2.0/IEEE 802.3 (electrical)
- Ethernet II frame type
- UL 60950-1, CSA-22.2 No. 60950-1-03, EN60950-1, CB Report - IEC 60950-1
- SSL v3, SSH v2
- MD5, SHA-1
- Rijndael/AES 128-bit encryption
- 3DES encryption
- ARC4 128-bit encryption
- Password protection
- IP address filtering
- Hardened OS and stack
- FCC CFR 47 Part 15 Subpart B, ICES-003 Issue 4, AS/NZS CISPR 22,VCCI V-3, EN55022, EN61000-3-2, EN61000-3-3, EN55024, EN61000-4-2, EN61000-4-3, EN61000-4-4, EN61000-4-5, EN61000-4-6, EN61000-4-8, EN61000-4-11
- UL/CUL, FCC, CE, TUV, C-Tick, GS, CB scheme, VCCI
Order Information & Part Numbers
Lantronix Online Store (U.S.A., Canada, Mexico, Europe)
Click on a cart button below to buy direct from Lantronix.
- Call (800) 422-7055 to speak with a Lantronix sales representative in North America.
- Lantronix Worldwide Offices - Find an office in your region from our list of worldwide offices.
- Find a Lantronix Partner - Lantronix products are available from a variety of leading technology vendors.
SupportLinx Extended Support
Lantronix provides extended support and warranty options for this product. Click here for more information. Extended support options are available for the following products: