XPress DR+ Wireless Discontinued
Industrial Wireless Ethernet Device Server
- Provides mobility and remote management of industrial equipment while minimizing costly cabling
- Industry standard 802.11 b/g wireless or Ethernet networking
- Cascade multiple devices from a single network connection
- Supports industrial protocols
- Maximizes flexibility with an internal 2-Port 10Base-T/ 100Base-TX Ethernet switch
- 15kV serial ESD protection and 2.5kV Ethernet isolation
- Wide -40° to 70°C operational temperature range
XPress DR+ Wireless Overview
Wirelessly Network All Your Industrial Equipment – Quickly and Easily!
The XPress DR+ Wireless industrial device server adds an unprecedented level of flexibility and mobility to networking factory equipment such as PLCs, drives, motion controllers, power equipment, barcode scanners and other serial devices. Without costly cable runs, this equipment can be managed from virtually anywhere over the Net.
A versatile, powerful tool for remote management of automation and assembly/packaging equipment at manufacturing sites, automated distribution centers, refinery plants – or any industrial setting – it provides complete wireless access and control of virtually any type of equipment with a serial port!
Extending Network Connectivity with SwitchPort+
XPress DR+ Wireless supports 802.11 b/g and Ethernet networking modes. In Ethernet mode (two 10/100 Ethernet ports) it features patent-pending SwitchPort+ technology which enables multiple industrial serial devices to be daisy chained (cascaded) from a single network backbone connection. SwitchPort+ combines Lantronix advanced device server technology with Ethernet switching technology to provide a robust and reliable method for networking equipment. Saves time and money by avoiding unnecessary cable runs and eliminates serial cable distance limitations.
Standards Based Communications
Using an open 802.11 b/g or Ethernet architecture as a standard for device communication provides the flexibility to communicate to virtually any type of industrial equipment. Additionally it enables new equipment to be quickly and easily incorporated into existing network system designs.
When used in conjunction with an OPC server, most Windows® based HMI, SCADA and PC-based control applications have full access to information in the connected device. Existing COM-port based Windows applications can access network-enabled devices using Lantronix Com Port Redirector™. This specialized software creates virtual serial ports, which are mapped to the device server over 802.11 or Ethernet.
Thrives in the Industrial Environment
The XPress DR+ Wireless meets the demanding, complex industrial environment head on. Packaged in a rugged DIN-rail mount case, it’s equipped with isolated serial and Ethernet ports and screw terminal connectors for serial and power. It supports industrial protocols such as Modbus TCP, Modbus ASCII, Modbus RTU and DF1.
- 15kV serial ESD protection and 2.5kV Ethernet isolation protects circuitry from overcurrent conditions.
- Wide -40° to 70°C operational temperature range.
- 9-30 VDC and 9-24 VAC power input options.
Flexible configuration options allow the unit to be set up locally using the serial port, or remotely over Ethernet using Telnet or browser. The included DeviceInstaller software simplifies the process of installing industrial protocols and configuring them for use with attached devices. The CPU’s flash memory provides maintenance-free, non-volatile storage and easily accommodates future system upgrades. Complete with an auto MDI/MDIX Ethernet interface, the XPress DR+ Wireless is a powerful device communication solution that’s perfect for your most demanding industrial applications.
XPress DR+ Wireless Tech Specs
- 2 RJ45 RS-232 Serial Ports
- Baud rate selectable from 300 to 230 Kbps
- 1 screw terminal RS-422/485 interface on Serial Port 2 (2 and 4-wire support)
- LED indicators for TXD and RXD activities
- Characters: 7 or 8 data bits
- Stop Bits: 1 or 2
- Parity: odd, even, none
- Hardware: RTS/CTS
- Software: XON/XOFF
- DTR, DSR
- 802.11 b/g wireless (with IEEE 802.11i – PSK with AES-CCMP Encryption)
- 2 RJ45 10Base-T/100Base-TX Ethernet ports
- Embedded, unmanaged, fully compliant 802.3u non-blocking Ethernet switch
- Store and forward architecture with 1K MAC address lookup table
- Automatic MDI/MDI-X crossover
- Full duplex IEEE 802.3x flow control
- Half duplex back pressure flow control
- IEEE 802.1d spanning tree
- TX/RX activity per serial
- Link/Activity per Ethernet port
- Power/System OK
- Wireless Link
- Internal web server (standard tunneling firmware only)
- SNMP (read only)
- Serial login
- Telnet login
- DeviceInstaller software
- 8 kV direct contact, 15kV air discharge, ESD protection on all Serial ports
- (IEC 1000-4-2, IEC 61000-4-2)
- 2 K VAC / 2.8K VDC galvanic isolation between Power Input port to Ethernet ports (except Chassis ground)
- 2 K VAC / 2.8K VDC galvanic isolation between Power Input port to Serial ports
- Transient Voltage protection and ESD with max non-repetitive surge current 800 Amp (8/20 μs) (IEC 61000-4-2)
- 2 K VA / 2.8K VDC galvanic isolation between Ethernet ports (except chassis ground)
- 2 K VA / 2.8K VDC galvanic isolation between Ethernet ports to Serial ports
- 40 A (5/50 ns) EFT protection (IEC 61000-4-4), 12 A (8/20 μs) lightning protection (IEC 61000-4-5) on all Ethernet ports
- Removable screw terminal block connector
- 9-30 VDC or 9-24 VAC with chassis ground
- 2.6 Watts maximum
- Temperature: -40°C to +70°C (-40 to 158°F)
- Humidity: 20% to 90% relative humidity, noncondensing
- UL, CSA, FCC, CE, TUV, CTick, VCCI
- ARP, UDP/IP, TCP/IP, Telnet, ICMP, SNMP, DHCP, BOOTP, TFTP, and HTTP
- ModBus TCP, ModBus ASCII/RTU
- Lantronix DSTNI-EX 48 MHz clock, 256 KB SRAM Internal CPU Memory
- 2 MB Flash
- 2 KB
- Front panel recessed push button
- Case: High-impact plastic case with integrated DIN Rail (35 mm) mount – IP30 enclosure rating
- Dimensions (L x W x H): 8.76 x 5.7 x 28.57 cm (3.45 x 2.25 x 4.85 in), terminal blocks included
- Weight: 0.21 kg (0.46 lb)
- 18.7 x 22.9 x 11.1 cm (7.375 x 9.0 x 4.375 in)
Serial Line Formats
Installable Industrial Application Protocols
Shipping Dimensions (L x W x H)
XPress DR+ Wireless Resources
XPress DR+ Wireless Downloads
|DeviceInstaller (FAQ 644)|
XPress DR+ Wireless Part Numbers
Lantronix Online Store (U.S.A., Canada, Mexico, Europe)
Click on a cart button below to buy direct from Lantronix.
Two port 802.11 wireless Industrial device server, removable screw terminal port, 9-30VDC and 9-24VAC
|Lantronix Part #||Name||Description||Order Now|