- Consolidate management of IT infrastructure
- Maintain a secure central point of access to all equipment
- Reduce troubleshooting and repair time
- Dynamically discover device on local or remote subnet
- Minimize total cost of ownership and administrative resources
- Maximize equipment up-time
Overview for SLM
Simplify Management of IT Equipment and Your Entire Network Infrastructure
As the network infrastructure continues to grow to keep up with the demands of modern day business, the number of “out-of-band infrastructure” (OOBI) management devices increases. This equipment (console servers, KVMs and remote power managers) is used for data center management devices such as servers, routers, switches, PBXs, UPSs, and even building access utilities through their serial ports. And now, ‘managing the management equipment’ is becoming a challenge.
The Lantronix SLM is a ‘master control center’ that seamlessly integrates equipment connected by console servers, KVMs and remote power managers. Through a centralized point of access and common interface, it enables administrators to quickly and easily access equipment anywhere in the enterprise with just a few mouse clicks. Simplified, consolidated remote network management of vast network resources becomes a reality.
Consolidated Access and Authentication
The SLM simplifies network management administration by offering multiplatform client access through a standard web browser for a single point of consolidated access with simplified views to OOBI management devices and attached equipment. This centralized authentication minimizes administrative burdens. And, since user account information is maintained in one place, there is no need to maintain separate user-names/passwords for each data center management device. Users can also be remotely authenticated using LDAP, RADIUS and NIS.
Reduced Operating Costs
Streamlining overall operations reduces administration and maintenance costs. With consolidated remote access, network administrators can quickly isolate and access problem equipment. This can minimize the impact of system down time, and improve employee and company productivity. Additionally, the SLM reduces total cost of ownership for data center equipment. Automated firmware deployment tools also reduce time and labor.
Simplified and Bulletproof Security
The SLM helps IT departments more easily adhere to corporate security policies. As a proxy between administrators and OOBI management devices, access is well defined and easily controlled, particularly where access is required outside a firewall or NAT-based router. Users are only allowed to access the devices and attached equipment with granted access specific rights for read-only or read/write access, and provisions for remote authentication. To ensure accountability, user access audit logs maintain a record of login success/failure, user login/logout, and port open/close activity. And whether connecting via a web browser or a command line (CLI), 128-bit encryption (SSL/SSH) ensures secure connections to the end-user equipment along with strong authentication. Remote authentication methods (Kerberos, TACACS+) supported.
Advanced Feature Set
For quick and easy setup, Auto Discovery finds device and port assignment, eliminating the time-consuming task of manual configuration. Auto Discovery supports Lantronix Discovery Protocol (LDP) for SLC Console Servers and SNMP for all other devices. With the click of a button the SLC Update tool automates firmware deployment on up to 256 SLCs console servers.
All console messages are captured and stored to the internal hard drive, providing secure and permanent storage. Console logs may be conveniently accessed through the web interface. System configurations can also be saved and restored, providing rapid recovery of inadvertent configuration changes and peace of mind.
Dual Ethernet adapters provide connection to OOBI management devices on the network, while remote users connect through another, providing greater security.
Features & Specifications for SLM
- Managed Devices: 256 max.
- Users: 25 simultaneous users
- Processor: Intel® Pentium® 4, 3.0 GHz
- RAM: 2 GB
- Hard Disk: 160 GB
- Ethernet: Two (2) 10/100/1000Base-T (RJ45)
- Console: RS-232 (DB9)
- USB: Four (4); front (2), rear(2)
- 100-240VAC, 50 to 60 Hz, 250W
- Dimensions (HxWxD): 1U, 4.3 x 42.4 x 35.6 cm (1.7 x 16.7 x 14 in.)
- Weight: 7.7 kg (17 lbs.)
- Shipping Weight: 10.5 kg (23 lbs.)
- Operating: 10°C to 35°C (50°F to 95°F)
- Storage: -40°C to 70°C (-40°F to 158°F)
- FCC, C/UL, TUV, CE
Order Information & Part Numbers for SLM
Lantronix Online Store (U.S.A., Canada, Mexico, Europe)
Click on a cart button below to buy direct from Lantronix.
- Call (800) 422-7055 to speak with a Lantronix sales representative in North America.
- Lantronix Worldwide Offices – Find an office in your region from our list of worldwide offices.
- Find a Lantronix Partner – Lantronix products are available from a variety of leading technology vendors.
Lantronix Management Appliance *
|Lantronix Part #||Name||Description||Order Now|
* RoHS-5 compliant – under the exception for Server and Network infrastructure equipment.