Company to Showcase Zero Touch Provisioning; Collaborative Lab Will Demonstrate Interoperability of SLC 8000 with Other Solutions, Providing Secure Console Access to Equipment from Cisco, Alcatel-Lucent, NEC, HP and others
Irvine, Calif. – April 21, 2015 – Next week at Interop Las Vegas, Lantronix (NASDAQ: LTRX) – a specialized networking company providing smart IoT and M2M solutions – will conduct live demonstrations of its SLC 8000 advanced modular console manager for secure out of band management, and several other IT (Information Technology) solutions at booth #1058 as well as in the InteropNet SDN Lab.
The InteropNet SDN Lab is a collaborative environment distributed throughout the show floor that will demonstrate interoperability of solutions from different vendors for Software-Defined Networking (SDN) systems and applications in a variety of scenarios. In the SDN Lab, SLC 8000 will provide secure console access to equipment from companies such as Cisco, Alcatel-Lucent, NEC, HP, and others, leveraging its modular design that supports a combination of RS232 and USB console interfaces. The SDN Lab will also feature an array of Lantronix Spiders to deliver scalable KVM-over-IP access to various devices, with the Lantronix vSLM central management system aggregating these solutions onto a single pane of glass.
Lantronix will also showcase the Zero Touch Provisioning (ZTP) feature on the SLC 8000, which allows automated provisioning of configuration using the network. Being developed to simplify customers’ mass deployment scenarios, ZTP eliminates the need for significant manual intervention and opportunities for human error while easily standardizing system configurations.
“Interop’s SDN Lab provides an ideal environment for us to showcase the power of our SLC 8000 and our suite of IT infrastructure management solutions,” said Kurt Busch, president and chief executive officer for Lantronix. “Attendees will be able to interact with the various solutions and experience first-hand how SLC 8000 delivers a combination of modularity and high-level security that ultimately leads to resilient operations and allows businesses to maintain focus on their core business functions.”
Best Practices for Out of Band Management: Educational Event
Also at the show, Lantronix experts will conduct a one-hour class about out-of-band management best practices on Tuesday, April 28 at 11:00 a.m. in the Volunteer Lounge. The class will be open to all IT administrators who serve as volunteers during the InteropNet SDN Lab.
The Lantronix SLC™ 8000 – Advanced Modular Console Manager
Designed to reduce deployment and management complexity and costs, SLC 8000 provides secure in-band and out-of-band management that allows IT personnel of any size enterprise to centrally manage, monitor and troubleshoot IT equipment locally or from anywhere over the Internet. This reduces downtime and increases response efficiency so that IT incidents are resolved quickly and with minimal or zero network disruption. Its modular design makes SLC 8000 the first of its kind, allowing users to simply add or swap modules to expand device port density and power supply, or introduce new interfaces while getting its advanced features and processing power. Benefits include:
- Reduce downtime and increase efficiency with anytime / anywhere access to your IT equipment
- Monitor, manage, and troubleshoot IT equipment even if the network is down
- Reduce operating costs and security risks by eliminating the need for on-site interventions
- Simplify and future-proof service deployments with quick expansion and customization
- Increase testing productivity as a DUT aggregator for automated tests and diagnostic data collection
Try the SLC 8000 Today for Free!
- IT professionals are invited to experience a live, 60 minute online test drive of our SLC 8000 or request a free 30 Day Trial.
Other products Lantronix will demonstrate at booth #1058 include:
- SLB™: Branch Office Manager – enables administrators to easily and securely manage remote servers and IT infrastructure equipment over the LAN or the Internet. This hybrid device combines the capabilities of the Lantronix SLC Console Manager with remote power management into a compact, 1U rack-mountable appliance.
- PremierWave® XC HSPA+: Cellular IoT Gateway – enables backup cellular out-of-band access to the Lantronix SLB and SLC8000. PremierWave XC HSPA+ offers a cost effective alternative to the backup POTS connection to ensure always on management access to remote IT infrastructure equipment.
- xPrintServer®: Open it. Plug it in. Print – enables seamless printing from mobile devices to thousands of printer models with no configuration. For native mobile printing from Apple iOS products such as iPads and iPhones, Lantronix offers the xPrintServer – Home Edition for consumer use and xPrintServer – Office Edition for business use. Lantronix also offers the xPrintServer – Cloud Print Edition that supports Android devices, Kindle Fire tablets, and any device running Google’s Chrome browser.
Lantronix, Inc. (NASDAQ: LTRX) is a specialized networking company providing M2M (machine to machine) and IoT (Internet of Things) solutions. Our products deliver secure connectivity, device management and mobility for today’s increasingly connected world. By networking and managing devices and machines that have never before been connected, we enable our customers to realize the possibilities of the Internet of Things. Founded in 1989, Lantronix pioneers robust, intelligent and easy to deploy solutions for mission critical applications in a wide range of industries, including data center, medical, security, industrial, transportation, retail, financial and government. Lantronix is headquartered in Irvine, California, with offices in Europe, Asia and Japan. For more information, visit www.lantronix.com.
Learn more at the Lantronix blog, www.lantronix.com/blog, featuring industry discussion and updates. To follow Lantronix on Twitter, please visit www.twitter.com/Lantronix. View our video library on YouTube atwww.youtube.com/user/LantronixInc or connect with us on LinkedIn at www.linkedin.com/company/lantronix.
Lages & Associates, Inc.
Mark D. Tullio
© 2015 Lantronix, Inc. Lantronix, PremierWave and xPrintServer are registered trademarks and SLC and SLB are trademarks of Lantronix, Inc. in the United States and certain other countries. All other trademarks and trade names are the property of their respective holders. Specifications subject to change without notice. All rights reserved.