Company to Showcase Best Practices for Deploying and Managing iPad® and iPhone® Printing Solutions for Enterprises
Irvine, Calif. – January 24, 2013 – Lantronix, Inc. (NASDAQ: LTRX), a leading global provider of smart M2M connectivity solutions, today announced that David Wagstaff, chief architect, advanced solutions for Lantronix, will be hosting a technology break-out session at the MacIT forum during Macworld | iWorld 2013. The presentation, entitled “Best Practices for iOS Printing in the Enterprise” will be held on Friday, February 1, 2013 at 3:10 p.m. in Room 3006, Moscone West Hall.
“We are pleased to have this opportunity to present to the Macworld and MacIT communities,” said Mark D. Tullio, vice president of worldwide marketing for Lantronix. “With thousands of iOS enthusiasts and enterprise users on hand, Macworld, and in particular the MacIT track, provides the ideal target audience for our iPad and iPhone printing solutions. Our xPrintServer device places us on the forefront of the mobile printing category, and we welcome the opportunity to showcase how quickly and easily IT professionals can deploy an iOS printing solution throughout the enterprise.”
Lantronix recently announced its exhibition and premier sponsorship details for Macworld, MacIT, and the 10th Annual MacObserver Cirque du Mac X event.
The xPrintServer Family: Open it. Plug it in. Print!
The xPrintServer Family is an easy-to-use hardware solution that utilizes the iOS native print menu and requires no additional applications, software downloads, or printer driver installations. With automatic printer discovery and no configuration, printing is hassle-free. Simply open the box, plug in power and Ethernet, and print – from any iOS device running iOS version 4.2 or later, to virtually any USB or network-connected printer, whether wired or wireless.
xPrintServer – Office Edition and the Enterprise
The xPrintServer – Office Edition comes with a wide range of robust features to support mobile printing throughout the enterprise. Designed in close collaboration with Lantronix enterprise customers, the new Office Edition addresses the challenges faced by IT departments on how to identify, deploy and manage iOS device printing throughout the extended organization. Key features include:
- Support for both USB and network-connected printers (wired or wireless), including multi-function printers (MFPs) and copiers
- Enhanced printer-user management, including printer usage rights, security and control over printers and user groups
- Proxy server support, global save and restore functionality, and the ability to export print logs
- Remote authentication / active directory support
- Firmware / driver loading via USB port
- Supports over 4,000 top brand printers, and an unlimited number of iPads, iPhones, and iOS users and devices
- Roughly the size of an iPhone with no additional software, CDs or application downloads required
- Automatic printer discovery and provisioning
- Easy to use and no configuration. Simply open the box, plug it in, print
- Anything that can be viewed, opened or read on an iOS device can be printed with the xPrintServer
How to Buy
The Lantronix xPrintServer – Office Edition retails for $199.95 MSRP, and is designed for businesses (small/medium through large enterprises) looking to print to their existing USB and/or network-connected office printers, whether wired or wireless.
- North American customers can purchase the xPrintServer at www.Lantronix.com, from Lantronix distribution partners, and from select retailers and leading e-tailers including Amazon, BestBuy Online, Fry’s Electronics, Micro Center, NewEgg, Buy.com, MacMall and more;
- European customers can purchase via www.Lantronix.com or from Lantronix European distribution partners. For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org; and
- APAC and Japan customers can purchase directly from Lantronix by contacting email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org, respectively.
xPrintServer Reseller Program
For companies interested in volume purchases or xPrintServer distribution, reseller and partnership opportunities, please contact email@example.com.
- xPrintServer micro site – http://www.xPrintServer.com
- xPrintServer – Office Edition launch video
- xPrintServer – Home Edition launch video
- Demo (installation) video
Lantronix, Inc. (NASDAQ: LTRX) is a global leader of smart, secure M2M (machine-to-machine) communication technologies that simplify access and communication with and between virtually any electronic device. Our smart connectivity solutions enable sharing data between devices and applications to empower businesses to make better decisions based on real-time information, and gain a competitive advantage by generating new revenue streams, improving productivity and increasing efficiency and profitability. Easy to integrate and deploy, Lantronix products remotely and securely connect electronic equipment via networks and the Internet. Founded in 1989, Lantronix serves some of the largest medical, security, industrial and building automation, transportation, retail/POS, financial, government, consumer electronics/appliances, IT/data center and pro-AV/signage entities in the world. The company’s headquarters are located in Irvine, Calif.
For more information, visit www.lantronix.com. The Lantronix blog, http://lantronix.com/blog, features industry discussion and updates. Watch our xPrintServer launch video today! To follow Lantronix on Twitter, visithttp://www.twitter.com/Lantronix.
Lages & Associates, Inc.
Wang Strategic Communications
Mark D. Tullio