Pluggable Expansion Board Enables Quick and Easy Advanced Wi-Fi Connectivity for the Popular Raspberry Pi Single Board Computer
Irvine, Calif. – October 8, 2014 – Lantronix, Inc. (NASDAQ: LTRX), a leading global provider of smart IoT (Internet of Things) solutions, today announced the worldwide availability of its xPico® Wi-Fi Pi Plate expansion board – which enables the easy integration of the Lantronix xPico Wi-Fi device server with the popular Raspberry Pi single board computer.
“The Lantronix xPico Wi-Fi Pi Plate for Raspberry Pi is the only expansion board that supports direct connectivity between smartphones/tablets and the Pi, while simultaneously allowing communication with cloud services,” said Vishal Kakkad, director of product marketing for Lantronix. “Whether you’re a developer, design engineer, students, professor, or hobbyist – the new xPico Wi-Fi Pi Plate allows you to focus on your main applications, without having to worry about wireless stack integration and wireless connectivity management. With this offering, design engineers and customers are able to leverage Lantronix core enterprise-class products and technologies for their prototype or hobby designs that rely on the Raspberry Pi.”
What is Raspberry Pi?
The Raspberry Pi is a credit-card-sized single-board computer developed in the UK by the Raspberry Pi Foundation with the intention of promoting the teaching of basic computer science in schools.
The Raspberry Pi model B has a Broadcom BCM2835 system on a chip (SoC), which includes an ARM1176JZF-S 700 MHz processor, VideoCore IV GPU, 512 MB RAM, and wired Ethernet. It does not include a built-in hard disk or solid-state drive, but uses an SD card for booting and persistent storage. In 2014 the Raspberry Pi Foundation announced that more than three million Raspberry Pi boards had been shipped.
Advanced Wi-Fi Features for Raspberry Pi
The Lantronix xPico Wi-Fi Pi Plate makes enabling Wi-Fi connectivity easier than ever. It completely offloads Wi-Fi connectivity for the Raspberry Pi with support for advanced features such as simultaneous Soft Access Point and Client mode, Wi-Fi connection management and QuickConnect. Highlights of the Lantronix xPico Wi-Fi Pi Plate include:
- Compatible with Raspberry Pi single board computer
- Simple and easy to use interface
- Mobile ready with simultaneous client and soft access point (AP mode)
- Advanced Wireless Features such as Wireless Connection Manager, Profiles, QuickConnect
- Low power (6 uA standby)
To learn more about the product and the advanced Wi-Fi features, visit our xPico Wi-Fi Pi Plate video channel on YouTube.
About xPico® Wi-Fi
The xPico Wi-Fi device, which boasts a tiny footprint of 24mm x 16.5mm, is a pin and form factor compatible member of the xPico product family that provides a low power, full IP stack, complete device server solution. The product provides direct access to data and equipment via any mobile device (e.g., smartphone, tablet, or laptop computer). Key Features and Benefits:
- Easy to deploy and use: Easily configurable with little or no software development necessary.
- Innovative form factor: Compact footprint: 24mm x 16.5mm.
- Mobile-ready: Enables direct access to device data via smartphones, tablets and connected PCs.
- Soft AP: Unique simultaneous soft-AP and client mode, allows for easy points of access while maintaining a secure network.
- Robust: Device server application suite field-proven by Lantronix over the last decade.
How to Buy
The new Lantronix Pi Plate expansion board is available worldwide, at an MSRP of $59.00. The product can be purchased directly from Lantronix at www.Lantronix.com, as well as through the Lantronix global network of distribution channels and reseller partners. For more information on xPico Wi-Fi, the Pi Plate expansion board, or for general questions on any Lantronix product or service, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Lantronix, Inc. (NASDAQ: LTRX) is a global leader of secure communication technologies that simplify access and communication with and between virtually any electronic device. Our smart IoT (Internet of Things) connectivity solutions enable sharing data between devices and applications to empower businesses to make better decisions based on real-time information, and gain a competitive advantage by generating new revenue streams, improving productivity and increasing efficiency and profitability. Easy to integrate and deploy, Lantronix products remotely and securely connect electronic equipment via networks and the Internet. Founded in 1989, Lantronix products have applications in every industry, including education, medical, security, industrial and building automation, transportation, retail, POS, financial, government, consumer electronics, and IT/data center. The Company’s headquarters are located in Irvine, California. For more information, visit www.lantronix.com.
- Learn more at the Lantronix blog, www.lantronix.com/blog, featuring industry discussion and updates
- To follow Lantronix on Twitter, please visit www.twitter.com/Lantronix
- Follow us and like us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/PALbyLantronix
- Visit our video library on YouTube at www.youtube.com/user/LantronixInc
- Connect with us on LinkedIn at www.linkedin.com/company/lantronix
- Check out photos of our latest trade shows, events, product demos, company events, and more on Instagram athttp://www.instagram.com/Lantronix_Inc
Lages & Associates, Inc.
Mark D. Tullio
© 2014 Lantronix, Inc. All rights reserved. Lantronix and xPico are registered trademarks of Lantronix, Inc. All other trademarks and trade names are the property of their respective holders. Specifications subject to change without notice.