A Global Manufacturer of Industrial and Commercial Weighing Scales
Delivering Smart Connectivity to Industrial Weighing Scales
Connected weighing scales and POS systems have been deployed in the retail environment for many years. This connectivity was typically hard wired via serial or Ethernet. In today’s highly dynamic retail space, quick configuration of the store and the various departments is required to accommodate ever changing products and services. In addition, pop-up retail environments that sell seasonal goods require systems that are flexible and mobile. Installing wired connectivity for this purpose leads to store downtime and may not even be feasible in most pop-up retail setups.
A global manufacturer of industrial and commercial weighing scales needed an industrial-grade and reliable enterprise Wi-Fi solution for building commercial weighing machines used in retail environments. The connected industrial weighing scales would be used in retail stores and communicate accurate weight and pricing information on hundreds of items to the retailer’s point of sale systems. The OEM needed a globally certified solution that would mitigate significant product validation and re-certification risks and cost.
- Dual-band Wi-Fi
- Certified enterprise grade Wi-Fi connectivity and data security
- Industrial grade design
The customer’s ideal solution was the Lantronix xPico® 240 Embedded IoT Gateway hosting Cypress‘ CYW43907 Dual-Core Arm Cortex-R4 Dual-Band (2.5/5 GHz) 802.11n Wi-Fi MCU. This module provides world-class dual-band Wi-Fi, antenna diversity, Enterprise Wi-Fi security and industrial-grade wireless connectivity management enabling rapid time to market.
The winning features of the Lantronix xPico 240 include:
• Hosting Cypress’ CYW43907 providing world-class wireless performance in challenging RF environments through with two integrated Arm Cortex-R4’s: one as a network processor and one open for application
• Being in the Lantronix xPico module series: Comes pre-loaded with firmware that includes secure wireless network connectivity options such as the complete set of EAP authentication protocols. There is an SDK available if unique features or customizations are also required
• Delivering a compact footprint with full certifications making integration into the product design easy and fast
- Faster time-to-market
- Best-in-class enterprise grade dual-band Wi-Fi ensures reliable and robust field performance
- Enterprise Wi-Fi security supporting the complete set of EAP authentication protocols
- Built-in network communications engine reduced application development time
- Compact footprint makes integration into the product design easy