PremierWave Evaluation Kit
A Feature Rich, Deployment Ready Wi-Fi Networking System on Module
PremierWave EN is a high performance Industrial ready ARM 9 system on module suitable for IOT applications. It is offered as a small removable module with integrated Flash, RAM and dual band 802.11 a/b/g/n capabilities. The PremierWave EN is an ideal solution for embedded applications that require simple development, ease of use and a proven robust high performing solution with network connectivity. Developers can save time and reduce the complexity of developing subsystems with high speed memory, Ethernet and Wi-Fi networking that can be easily integrated into real products.
Overview for PremierWave EN Ethernet to Wi-Fi Gateway
The Power of Linux and Python
All PremierWave® EN System-On-Modules come preloaded with Full Embedded Linux and U-Boot making it simple and easy to add custom software and applications. Full source code of the Linux BSP is provided, along with a Linux cross-development environment. The PremierWave™ EN can use GNU C/C++ tool chain for Linux and Windows or similar and supports third-party SDK.
PremierWave EN supports developers using the Python programming language to create scalable and secure M2M applications. In addition to connecting to the cloud, developers can leverage security, network connectivity, protocol handling and device management capabilities of the underlying ruggedized Lantronix System on Module product offering.
The PremierWave EN is a 400MHz ARM9 processor with up to 64Mbyte of SDRAM and up to 256Mbyte of NAND Flash. Included is a Dual Band 802.11 a/b/g/n with an on-board antenna and option for external antennas and diversity, two serial interfaces (up to 921 kbps), USB 2.0 Full speed Host/Device Port, SPI and I2C interfaces. PremierWave EN provides the flexibility to locate the antenna and connector based on design requirements. PremierWave EN also includes a user-controlled, intelligent power management option to shut down the radio during periods of inactivity, minimizing current power consumption.
With an unmatched portfolio of security technologies, PremierWave EN goes far beyond compliance with the popular 802.11i, WPA and WPA2 wireless security specifications. It ensures data integrity and privacy for highly sensitive requirements such as medical or financial applications.
- IEEE 802.11i-compliant radio with AES-CCMP and TKIP encryption
- PSK and complete suite of 802.1x Extensible Authentication
- Protocols (EAP) including EAP-TLS, EAP-TTLS, PEAP, and EAP-PEAP
- End-to-end SSL TLS and SSH tunneling
Ready to Go Wireless Applications
Scan, Gather and Report Radio Parameters with an unmatched portfolio of security technologies, PremierWave EN scans current AP and Received Signal Strength radio parameters, as well as authentication and negotiated encryption types for the current association, and displays them on a web page. This enables remote technicians to diagnose problems as they occur and troubleshoot over any IP network without a service call, reducing support costs and unnecessary visits
Lantronix SmartRoam to Enable Seamless Mobile Connectivity with exclusive SmartRoam technology, PremierWave EN continuously tracks the signal strength of access points (AP) within range. If necessary, pre-authentication and caching enables smooth and automatic transition to an access point with a stronger signal. This enhances mobility within a building, warehouse or across a campus network with less time spent re-authenticating due to a lost connection or re-associating to a stronger signal.
PremierWave SE1000 Embedded System on Module for IOT Applications
The Lantronix PremierWave SE1000 is a high performance programmable, Ethernet based System on Module (SOM) that enables OEM customers to easily develop and deploy secure IoT applications.
The PremierWave SE1000 enables OEM design engineers and system architects with a solution that simplifies the task of integration, allowing them to easily incorporate network connectivity with proven security into their end user product designs. Consequently enabling the developer to focus on their own core expertise and achieve a quick and cost effective design.
Features & Specifications for PremierWave EN Ethernet to Wi-Fi Gateway
PremierWave EN Key Features
- Architecture: 32-bit processor (ARM Core) with Linux
- Network Interface: Wireless 802.11a, 802.11b, 802.11g, and 802.11n, Ethernet
- Selectable Dual Radio Frequency: 2.4GHz or 5GHz
- Management, Configuration and Encryption suite
- Serial Interface: Serial (UAR T, RS -232, RS -485), USB, SPI, I2C
PremierWave EN SDK
- SDK developed by Timesys®, a leading embedded Linux solutions provider
- Empowers developers with greater control over product development
- Offers unmatched flexibility
- Provides successful build and maintenance of the Linux platform, toolsets and applications specific to project requirements
- More than 1,000 Open Source packages available
- Wireless Standards: IEEE 802.11a; 802.11b; 802.11g; 802.11n
- Frequency Range: 2.412 – 2.484 GHz; 4.900 – 5.925 GHz
- Output Power: 17 dBm for 802.11b DSSS 17 dBm for 802.11b CCK 15 dBm for 802.11g/n OFDM 12 dBm for 802.11 a/n at 5GHz
- Maximum Receive Level: -94dBm @ 1Mbps
- Data Rates With Automatic Fallback: 65Mbps – 1Mbps
- Media Access Control: CSMA/CA with ACK
- Range: Up to 328 feet indoors (100m)
- Modulation Techniques: OFDM, DSSS, CCK, DQPSK, DBPSK, 64 QAM, 16 QAM
- Two Serial Ports, up to 921 Kbps
- Full Speed USB 2.0 (host and device)
- High Speed SPI (Master/Slave)
- Interface: CMOS (Asynchronous) 3.3V-level signals
- Serial Line Formats: 7 or 8 data bits, 1-2 Stop bits
- Parity: odd, even, none
- Modem Control: DTR, DCD
- Flow Control: XON/XOFF (software), CTS/RTS (hardware), none
- Interface: Wireless 802.11a, 802.11b, 802.11g and 802.11n,
- Ethernet Protocols Supported: ARP, UDP, TCP, Telnet, ICMP, SNMP, v2C, DHCP, BOOTP, Auto IP, HTTP, HTTPS, SMTP, TFTP
Management & Configuration
- Serial login
- Telnet login
- Internal WebManager (SSL Option for secure login)
- XML Configuration Records via CLI or FTP
- Windows-based DeviceInstaller software
- Firmware: Upgradeable via FTP, Web, Serial Port
- IEEE 802.11i Encryption: AES-CCMP and TKIP Encryption
- WPA2- Enterprise (EAP,PEAP, LEAP),WPA2-PSK,WPA – PSK 64/128-bit WEP
- SSL Client & Server, Selectable 128/256/512/768/1024 Bit Certificates
- SSH Client, 8 Server Selectable 128/256/512/768/1024 Bit Public/Private Key support
- ENCRYPTION: AES, 3DES and RC4 Encryption for SSH & SSL
- Lantronix end-to-end AES 128 Bit Encryption
- AUTHENTICATION: SHA-1,MD5,Base-64
Internal Web Server
- CGI with AJAX support
- CPU, Memory: Lantronix 32-bit ARM9 based processor, 400Mhz (440 MIPS) 9 GPIO
- Firmware: 64 MB SDRAM, 64 MB Flash (Factory default). Flash wear leveling and erase cycle statistics
Nominal Current Consumption (@3.3v)
- Wireless On; Standby: 302mA
- Wireless On; Continuous Max Transmit Power: 577mA
- Operating range,WLAN: -40° to +85°C (-40° to +185°F)
- Storage range: -40° to +85°C (-40° to +185°F)
- Dimensions: 30 x 55 x 6.3 mm (1.18 x 2.16 x .0.25 in)
- Weight: 8.5g
Docs & Downloads for PremierWave EN Ethernet to Wi-Fi Gateway
Order Information & Part Numbers for PremierWave EN Ethernet to Wi-Fi Gateway
Lantronix Online Store (U.S.A., Canada, Mexico, Europe)
Click on a cart button below to buy direct from Lantronix.
- Call (800) 422-7055 to speak with a Lantronix sales representative in North America.
- Lantronix Worldwide Offices – Find an office in your region from our list of worldwide offices.
- Find a Lantronix Partner – Lantronix products are available from a variety of leading technology vendors.
|Part Number||Name||Description||Order Now|
|PEN100100A-01||PremierWave EN 802.11 a/b/g/n||
System On Module with internal Antenna, BULK
|PEN10010SA-01||PremierWave EN 802.11 a/b/g/n||
System On Module with internal Antenna, SAMPLE
|PEN10010NA-01||PremierWave EN 802.11 a/b/g/n||
System On Module without internal antenna, BULK
|PEN10010NASA-01||PremierWave EN 802.11 a/b/g/n||
System On Module without internal antenna, SAMPLE
|PWDK1000-01||PremierWave no module Development Kit||
- Sample must be purchased.
|PremierWave Dev Kit Bundle||PremierWave Module & Development Kit||Order Now|
|PWEV1000-01||PremierWave no module Evaluation Board||
- Sample must be purchased.
|PremierWave Eval Kit Bundle||PremierWave Module & Evaluation Board||Order Now|
For more information on the Timesys SDK, please visit