Company to Provide Live Demonstrations of xPico Wi-Fi for Arduino and Raspberry Pi; PremierWave-Powered Robot and More
Irvine, Calif. – February 19, 2014 – Lantronix, Inc. (NASDAQ: LTRX), a leading global provider of smart IoT (Internet of Things) connectivity solutions, today announced it will be providing live demonstrations of its xPico Wi-Fi module, PremierWave product family, Lantronix xPrintServer® mobile printing family, and more at the Embedded World 2014 show to be held from February 25-27, 2014 in Nürnberg, Germany. In addition, Lantronix will showcase new IoT product applications, including a humanoid robot, a drone, and a Wi-Fi-enabled electric bike at the Lantronix booth located in Hall 4, Booth 570 at the M2M Pavilion in Nurnberg Exhibition Centre.
xPico Wi-Fi: Direct Access of Data via Any Mobile Device
The xPico Wi-Fi device, which boasts a tiny footprint of 24mm x 16.5mm is a pin and form factor compatible member of the xPico product family that provides a low power, full IP stack, complete device server solution. The product has been well received by the market for its ability to provide direct access to data and equipment via any mobile device (e.g., smartphone, tablet, or laptop computer). The live demonstrations will highlight the product’s easy set up and use, rapid customization by configuration, and support for Raspberry Pi and Arduino technologies:
- Raspberry Pi. The Raspberry Pi is a credit card-sized single-board computer developed in the UK by the Raspberry Pi Foundation with the intention of promoting the teaching of basic computer science in schools. In November 2013, the Raspberry Pi Foundation announced that the two-millionth Pi shipped between October 24 and October 31, 2013.
- Arduino. Arduino is an open-source electronics prototyping platform based on flexible, easy-to-use hardware and software. A single-board microcontroller, the Arduino is intended to make the application of interactive objects or environments more accessible. Industry analysts estimate more than 300,000 official Arduinos had been commercially produced and are in-use by software developers, design engineers, artists, and technology hobbyists.
- eBike. In partnership with ELMOTO, Lantronix will be showcasing a new concept electric bike. The design, currently in concept stage with the Lantronix xPico Wi-Fi, highlights features and functionality to be incorporated into ELMOTO’s future designs, some of which may include wireless transfer of data including charging status, battery life and use, gearbox data, drive-by-wire behavior, GSM and GPS tracking for route optimization and fleet management, and more.
“eBikes are very rapidly gaining popularity in Europe and Asia – with China leading the way, already boasting more than 28 million eBikes in use today,” said Mr. Björn Bergfelder, head of engineering and ELMOTO eBike development at ID Bike GmbH. “Every day, we’re seeing the negative impact of urbanization, resulting in increased traffic, pollution, and overall frustration of commuters and the population as a whole. Electric bicycles are just one of many alternatives being adopted worldwide, and working with leading M2M companies such as Lantronix and its advanced xPico Wi-Fi module are enabling us to develop and more quickly bring to market more intelligent, efficient, wirelessly-connected eBikes.”
PremierWave: Python Support and an Interactive Robot
Lantronix will also provide live demonstrations for its PremierWave family of both enterprise wireless device servers, as well as its embedded PremierWave wireless module.
- The wireless demo will leverage the Python programming language – a widely used general-purpose, high-level programming language designed for quick and easy integration, yielding immediate gains in productivity and lower maintenance costs.
- The embedded demonstration will feature a PremierWave-powered humanoid robot, developed by Japan-based Kondo Kagaku. This new wireless Kondo robot emulates human-like movements including walks, somersaults, step climbing, backflips, and dances.
“In order to operate several multiple Robots simultaneously, Kondo Kagaku required a high performance Wi-Fi system on module (SOM) with a very small form factor, and selected the Lantronix PremierWave-EN,” said Hironobu Kondo, Executive Director of KONDO KDAGAKU CO., LTD. “Among the many benefits of the PremierWave module, users can utilize the robot’s USB camera, enabling them to see from the point of view of the robot, while controlling the robot’s movements remotely through the network. These advanced features are driving adoption of robotic technology from primarily hobbyists to design and use by businesses and educational institutions.”
xPrintServer Cloud Print Edition: New Mobile Printing Solution for Google Cloud Print
Lantronix will demonstrate all three members of its xPrintServer mobile printing family – the award-winning Home and Office editions, and the recently-announced xPrintServer Cloud Print Edition, which supports any device (tablet, smartphone, PC, laptop and more) running Google’s Chrome browser. The xPrintServer Cloud Print Edition is the only print server certified by Google to support cloud print technology. Additionally, the new print server supports business users of Google Apps – a cloud-based productivity suite by Google that helps businesses connect and get work done from anywhere on any device. For more information, view the Lantronix xPrintServer Cloud Print launch video: https://www.lantronix.com/xprintserver-cloudprint-video.
“We are excited to provide demonstrations at Embedded World that will feature how our products enable IoT deployments across a broad spectrum of applications, from the Raspberry Pi and Arduino development platforms, to Python-language support, an interactive robot, and a Wi-Fi enabled concept bike,” said Kurt Busch, president and chief executive officer for Lantronix. “With more than 22,000 visitors expected, Embedded World is a great international venue to showcase our established leadership in delivering M2M solutions that allow companies to quickly and securely deploy their devices to participate in the Internet of Things.”
In addition to the in-booth demonstrations, Lantronix will also provide live production demonstrations along with its European partners – including HY-LINE, SPHINX Connect, Acal BFI, and Arrow Electronics.
Lantronix, Inc. (NASDAQ: LTRX) is a global leader of secure communication technologies that simplify access and communication with and between virtually any electronic device. Our smart M2M (machine-to-machine) and IoT (Internet of Things) connectivity solutions enable sharing data between devices and applications to empower businesses to make better decisions based on real-time information, and gain a competitive advantage by generating new revenue streams, improving productivity and increasing efficiency and profitability. Easy to integrate and deploy, Lantronix products remotely and securely connect electronic equipment via networks and the Internet. Founded in 1989, Lantronix products have applications in every industry, including medical, security, industrial and building automation, transportation, retail, POS, financial, government, consumer electronics, and IT/data center. The Company’s headquarters are located in Irvine, California. For more information, visit www.lantronix.com. The Lantronix blog, https://www.lantronix.com/blog, features industry discussion and updates. To follow Lantronix on Twitter, please visit https://www.twitter.com/Lantronix.
Lages & Associates, Inc.
+44 1252 717040
Mark D. Tullio
© 2014 Lantronix, Inc. Lantronix, PremierWave, xPico, and xPrintServer are registered trademarks of Lantronix, Inc. in the United States and certain other countries. All other trademarks and trade names are the property of their respective holders. Specifications subject to change without notice. All rights reserved.
# # #