Lantronix Solutions Help Ensure that Broadcasting Company Data Center Stays On Top of Its Game
A large broadcasting company deployed the Lantronix SLC 8000 console managers in their data centers to provide a robust infrastructure management solution at each of their geographic sites. Conscious of their need to provide service at all times, the customer was forced to consider a robust and effective cellular out-of-band management solution which would provide an uninterrupted alternative route for control of their equipment.
The customer was particularly worried about access to their key infrastructure and data equipment in the event of a denial of service attack on the Internet.
The console ports of all equipment were already conveniently aggregated by using the Lantronix SLC 8000 console manager which could be used as an efficient gateway to any particular site and its device. It was now just a question of choosing the right complementary solution to allow the engineers and network administrators to remotely access the console manager potentially from anywhere in the world during an unprecedented network outage.
Could Lantronix provide an ideal remote cellular access solution that would give users the ability to securely and remotely access the console manager and hence its connected data center equipment?
- Instant access to the console port of any piece of equipment within a local data center
- Availability and control are top priorities even if there is a DOA attack
- Must make full use of the audit log tracking features of the Lantronix SLC 8000 unit
- Cost effective
Lantronix SLC 8000 and PremierWave XC Cellular Unit
In order to meet their customer’s needs, the customer incorporated the Lantronix PremierWave XC cellular unit at each key site as an added solution to each SLC 8000 Advanced Console Manager. Having set up a GSM cellular connection to the main administrator port on the front panel of the SLC 8000 unit provided direct access. Administrators now have Command Line level access for debugging, rebooting any piece of equipment attached to the console manager even in the event of a denial of service attack on their network.
Lantronix PremierWave XC Application: Cellular Out-of-Band Management
- Engineers and administrators could provide 24/7 support for the data network infrastructure system for resilient operations
- Audit logs were maintained without losses as per corporate guidelines
- Response times were significantly improved
About the Lantronix PremierWave XC
High Performance, GPRS, Linux-Based Application/Device Server that offers Ethernet or GSM/GPRS connectivity for remote access and easy management of machines and equipment over the network and across the Internet.
Lantronix PremierWave XC Key Benefits:
- Dual connectivity offers flexibility and redundancy
- Provides network connectivity to virtually any device with a serial port
- Simple device set-up, configuration and monitoring with powerful, industry-standard management tools (Web, CLI, XML)
About the Lantronix SLC 8000
Future Proof Your Secure Out-Of-Band Management Solution
The Lantronix SLC 8000 advanced console manager is the industry’s first modular console server that provides secure remote access to IT equipment, while reducing deployment costs and time.
SLC 8000 Key Benefits:
- Reduces downtime and increases efficiency with anytime, anywhere access to IT equipment
- Enables custom “mix-and-match” configurations with USB and RS-232 modules
- Simplifies service deployments and balances CAPEX and OPEX with its modular design
- In-band (Ethernet) and out-of-band access (dial-in/out via modem, as well as cellular: PremierWave XC HSPA+ and 4G LTE with newly available LTE connectivity kit)
- Front LCD and keypad allows for quick network set-up and easy deployment
- Protects management interfaces with authentication and FIPS 140-2 compliant encryption
- Centralized management integration with the Lantronix vSLM and ConsoleFlow management software
Request a Free 30-Day Trial Today – FREE 30-day trial for qualified customers