A leading nationwide provider of cable television has hundreds of local area data centers or Points of Presence (POP) to support regular programming and on-demand entertainment. Each POP is unmanned and all technical glitches must be investigated and resolved within a very short time frame to ensure the highest level of service for their paying customers. The POPs contain many different types of equipment including: routers for receiving data from the Central Network Control to HQ, routers for relaying
data-rich video streams to paying customers, data storage, and servers.
Could Lantronix provide the cable provider with a cost-effective remote access and management solution that would allow 24/7 access to essential equipment in the POP network and help them to ensure reliable and consistent content delivery to millions of customers?
- Instant access to the console port of any piece of equipment within a local data center
- Ability for multiple administrators to access any single end point
- Full audit log tracking
- Simple, reliable and cost effective
- Support for USB and Serial RS-232 console ports
Lantronix SLC 8000 Advanced Console Manager
The cable provider incorporated the Lantronix SLC 8000 advanced console manager at each POP site, enabling them to establish a robust, secure architecture for access and control to all POP equipment. Administrators were able to control servers, power units, and other key equipment over the network through a consistent interface. With the Lantronix SLC 8000 advanced console manager’s Command Line Interface (CLI), administrators could use abbreviated commands for debugging, diagnosis, and taking remedial actions on POP equipment remotely. This capability enabled faster response rates which translated into reduced support costs, enhanced network visibility and less downtime.
Lantronix SLC 8000 Application: Secure, Remote Access to Cable and Video Streaming Equipment
- Achieved cost effective control system for all equipment at each remote site
- Enabled faster response times to technical issues
- Built in automated audit logging saved time and ensured compliance
- Significant operational savings through the centralized administration function
About the Lantronix SLC 8000 Advanced Console Manager
Future Proof Your Secure Out-Of-Band Management Solution
The Lantronix SLC 8000 Advanced Console Manager is the industry’s first modular console server and the only one to support up to 48 high-density USB ports. The SLC 8000 provides easy, flexible, secure administration and management of IT equipment from anywhere at any time.
SLC 8000 Key Benefits:
- User-swappable modules allow for easy upgrades and scalable expansion–easily and quickly configure up to 48 ports with “mix-and-match” 16 port USB and 16 port RS-232 modules
- Able to handle up to 15 users per port simultaneously and 396 concurrent sessions per console (up to 2X more than other competitors). This helps companies minimize downtime in the age of IoT – when the network is being taxed with ever increasing amounts of data
- The only console server in the market today that is compatible with all Cisco, HPE & Brocade serial and USB switches and routers
- Intuitive user interface, built-in help menus and abbreviated CLI command features allow for easy deployment and remote management of equipment
- In-band (Ethernet) and out-of-band access (dial-in/out via modem, as well as cellular: PremierWave XC HSPA+ and 4G LTE with newly available LTE connectivity kit)
- FIPS 140-2 certified cryptographic encryption mode for government and military applications
- Centralized management integration with the available Lantronix vSLM and ConsoleFlow management software
- Anytime, anywhere secure access to IT equipment
Request a Free 30-Day Trial Today – FREE 30-day trial for qualified customers