Lantronix Enables IT Professionals to Remotely Manage, Monitor and Troubleshoot IT Equipment with the Launch of the New SLC 8000 Console Manager at Interop 2014
Groundbreaking Modular Design Enables Deployment Customization, Provides Secure In-Band and Out-of-Band Remote Access for Fortune 500 Data Centers and Test Labs
Irvine, Calif. – October 1, 2014 – Lantronix, Inc. (NASDAQ: LTRX), a leading global provider of smart IoT (Internet of Things) solutions, today announced the launch of its new SLC™ 8000 – the industry’s first modular console manager. Designed to reduce deployment and management costs and time by providing secure, centralized out-of-band management to most IT equipment, the new SLC 8000 can be expanded from eight to 48 ports. In a typical deployment, each port would manage one piece of IT equipment such as a switch, router, or server. This modular design makes the SLC 8000 the first of its kind, allowing users to simply add or swap modules to expand device port density and power supply, or introduce new interfaces such as USB.
“IT equipment downtime can significantly impact revenue, customer satisfaction, and brand loyalty,” said Ed Floyd, Vendor Alliance Manager for EnNet – a leading supplier of IT solutions and services to public sector entities. “The resources to support a large data center or test lab alone can be staggering. When you factor in a small and overworked IT staff, along with the costs and operational details to deploy experts on site to service equipment, the expenses associated with a network truck roll can quickly add up. The new Lantronix SLC 8000 was clearly designed with the customer’s use case and bottom line in mind – delivering a combination of modularity, high-level security and affordability that we believe will provide a strong return on investment and allow users to keep the focus on their business.”
“With the explosive growth of social networking, cloud computing, and the Internet of Things, ensuring uptime and optimization of IT equipment is now more critical than ever to data centers and enterprises of all sizes, locations and markets,” said Kurt Busch, president and CEO of Lantronix. “Designed specifically to meet the needs of Fortune 500 IT professionals, the new groundbreaking SLC 8000 fills an unmet need in the market. We believe the SLC 8000 positions Lantronix at the forefront of the IT infrastructure management market and is a major milestone in our product roadmap as we continue to execute on our global strategy for expansion of our enterprise solutions into all geographic regions.”
The Lantronix SLC 8000 – Advanced Modular Console Manager
The Lantronix SLC 8000 advanced modular console manager provides in-band and out-of-band management that allows IT personnel of any size enterprise to centrally manage, monitor and troubleshoot IT equipment locally or from anywhere over the Internet. An optional dial-up modem or cellular gateway is also available to provide connectivity if the network is down. This reduces downtime and increases response efficiency so that IT incidents are resolved quickly and with minimal or zero network disruption. The modular design of the SLC 8000 console manager is easily scalable, allowing users to reduce their total cost of ownership by simply adding or replacing modules as needed. It includes robust security features such as SSL and SSH for data encryption, in addition to remote authentication for integration with other systems already in place.
Additional SLC 8000 features:
- Increases testing productivity as a DUT (“device under test”) aggregator for automated tests and diagnostic data collection.
- Reduces operating costs and security risks by eliminating the need for truck rolls or on-site interventions.
- Simplifies service deployments and balances CAPEX and OPEX with a modular design, enabling quick expansion and customization.
- Enables “mix-and-match” with USB and RJ45 I/O modules.
- Minimizes cable clutter with software-reversible device port pins.
- Directly manages Server Technology’s PDU solution.
- Protects management interfaces with SSH and SSL for encryption and supports secure authentication protocols including RADIUS, LDAP, TACACS+, Kerberos, and Active Directory.
- Provides enhanced security with FIPS 140-2 compliant mode.
- Integrates seamlessly with the Lantronix vSLM™ central management software.
- Simplifies service deployments with the modular design’s quick expansion and customization.
“The new SLC 8000 is an ideal console management solution to pair with the Server Tech product portfolio,” said Marc Cram, Director of OEM and Global Accounts for Server Technology. “Now, our customers can deploy Server Tech PDUs in their data center, and directly manage them – including power cycling – a critical function for troubleshooting, maintenance, and ensuring overall IT equipment uptime.”
Lantronix IT Infrastructure Management Solutions: The Power and Flexibility of Secure Remote Management
No matter the location, IT equipment can be accessed, diagnosed and addressed remotely with Lantronix IT infrastructure management products and solutions. Benefits of Lantronix remote management solutions include:
- Enable system administrators to manage network and IT assets from virtually anywhere via the Internet, dial-up or cellular connection.
- Ensure faster uptimes by quickly troubleshooting and repairing servers and IT equipment from anywhere, at any time.
- Achieve true lights-out, out-of-band management of connected devices in test labs and data centers for configuring servers, switches, routers, firewalls, repairing IT equipment, and controlling power.
- Minimize operating costs by consolidating data and system management operations.
- Save space with compact designs that eliminate the need for a separate keyboard, video monitor and mouse for each computer.
- Reduce power consumption and cooling costs by lowering heat dissipation caused by redundant monitors.
Three-City Product Road Show
To support the global launch, Lantronix will provide live demonstrations of the new SLC 8000, as well as its SLB™ Secure Branch Office Manager and related IT solutions this month at the following industry events – expected to draw more than 200,000 visitors:
- Interop 2014 (Booth 730)
October 1 – 3, 2014
New York, NY
- IP Expo 2014 (Booth EE13)
October 8 – 9, 2014
- IT Pro Expo Japan 2014
October 15 – 17, 2014
Free 30 Day Trial
Lantronix offers a free, no obligation 30 day trial for the SLC 8000, as well as for other select IT Infrastructure Management products. To request a free trial, please visit Lantronix.com and submit the SLC 8000 Free Trial form. For more information or questions about the free trial, contact [email protected].
How to Buy
The new Lantronix SLC 8000 is available worldwide for pre-order at www.Lantronix.com, starting at an MSRP of $1,530 for an eight port model with a single AC power supply. Higher port and power supply configurations are also available. The new Lantronix SLC 8000 will be available in limited quantities during the fourth-quarter of calendar 2014 through the Lantronix global network of distribution channels and reseller partners, directly from Lantronix at www.Lantronix.com, or by calling toll free (800) 422-7055. For more information on the new SLC 8000 or general questions on any Lantronix products or services, please contact [email protected].
Lantronix, Inc. (NASDAQ: LTRX) is a global leader of secure communication technologies that simplify access and communication with and between virtually any electronic device. Our smart IoT (Internet of Things) connectivity solutions enable sharing data between devices and applications to empower businesses to make better decisions based on real-time information, and gain a competitive advantage by generating new revenue streams, improving productivity and increasing efficiency and profitability. Easy to integrate and deploy, Lantronix products remotely and securely connect electronic equipment via networks and the Internet. Founded in 1989, Lantronix products have applications in every industry, including education, medical, security, industrial and building automation, transportation, retail, POS, financial, government, consumer electronics, and IT/data center. The Company’s headquarters are located in Irvine, California. For more information, visit www.lantronix.com.
- Learn more at the Lantronix blog, www.lantronix.com/blog, featuring industry discussion and updates
- To follow Lantronix on Twitter, please visit www.twitter.com/Lantronix
- Follow us and like us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/PALbyLantronix
- Visit our video library on YouTube at www.youtube.com/user/LantronixInc
- Connect with us on LinkedIn at www.linkedin.com/company/lantronix
- Check out photos of our latest trade shows, events, product demos, company events, and more on Instagram athttps://www.instagram.com/Lantronix_Inc
Lages & Associates, Inc.
Mark D. Tullio
© 2014 Lantronix, Inc. All rights reserved. Lantronix is a registered trademark, and SLB, SLC and vSLM are trademarks of Lantronix, Inc. All other trademarks and trade names are the property of their respective holders. Specifications subject to change without notice.