There are many hidden costs involved in building smart, connected products. Lantronix offers everything you need to successfully develop and launch your connected product in months, not years, and at a much lower total cost.
The Lantronix solutions calculator tool is designed to let the user estimate the cost of internally developing their product's network connectivity.
The calculator comprises the development time and costs; the opportunity cost (missed revenue) ; and the ongoing maintenance and support associated with the development project.
1) Input cells are shaded light blue.
2) Calculation cells are locked, and are shaded white.
3) Enter estimates into input cells for both "low" and "high" scenarios.
4) White cells throughout the calculations table will automatically calcluate totals.
5) The subtotals automatically roll up to the "Bottom Line" scenarios
6) The calculator is currency-agnostic. Users can simply input their local currency (without currency symbols).
The Bottom Line
The real cost of internally developing your product's network connectivity
Development & Engineering Costs
Engineering costs associated with internal development
A) Estimated number of "man months"
- Development time in man months
- Size of development team
- Development in calendar months
B) Average monthly cost for enginneer
Total Engineering Cost
C) Other costs
- Estimated certification costs
- Other embedded software (eg. Security)
- Development tools cost
Total "Other" Cost
Ongoing Support & Maintenance Costs
Costs associated with annual development and sustaining of solution after launch
Total Estimated ongoing costs
The "opportunity cost" of lost revenue due to product's delayed time-to-market
A) Estimated lost-revenue assumptions
- Expected annual revenues for end product
- Avg time (months) to integrate Lantronix solution
- Estimate time (months) to internally develop networking capabilities
The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.