Lantronix Contributes to Development of AI-Assisted Handheld Ultrasound Device
• Enables OEMs to fast-track product development
• Facilitates quick creation of a market-ready prototype
• Reduces the total cost of development
• Includes FCC/IC and Canada pre-certifications
Challenges Include: Create AI-Powered Portable Ultrasound Device
EchoNous was challenged to create a portable, tablet-based ultrasound device to give clinicians the ability to instantly perform ultrasound tests on patients and receive immediate results. In addition, the device needed to incorporate AI-based, deep-learning techniques to stay at the forefront of healthcare.
• Enable high-resolution ultrasound imaging capability
• Ensure high-fidelity digital auscultation and integrated ECG
• Meet the demand for high-power performance
• Empower AI-based, deep-learning techniques
Solution: Open-Q Micro SOM, Development Kit and Engineering Services
Working with the Vancouver-based Lantronix Engineering Services team, EchoNous was able to develop the Kosmos portable medical ultrasound device. Lantronix’s Open-Q μSOM and Development Kit provided the basis for the device’s development while the Lantronix Engineering Services team provided high-level expertise on the Qualcomm Snapdragon CPU, on which the Lantronix solution is based.
“The Lantronix Engineering Services team was integral to the successful development of Kosmos. They met all of the engineering challenges while reducing costs and significantly cutting the time to market.”
Results: Creation of the First AI-Assisted, Tablet-Based Ultrasound Device
With the creation of Kosmos, Lantronix supported EchoNous in developing the first AI-assisted, tablet-based ultrasound device. Together, the team created a powerful handheld ultrasound device with synchronized ultrasound, digital auscultation, ECG testing and proprietary software that enables data to be sent from the ultrasound wand to the table. With the power of a PC, Kosmos meets extremely high processing-power
demands, providing up to eight hours of power for true portability. Its AI platform enables deep-learning techniques that enable it to evolve to solve everyday problems in healthcare.
Benefits: Creation of the First AI-Assisted, Tablet-Based Ultrasound Device
- Earlier target launch date
- High-level engineering support
- Low cost with high performance
- Affordable development tools and resources