Delivering Scalable, Reliable and Robust IT Infrastructure Support for a Global Workforce
The customer – a Fortune 500 organization with hundreds of networked controllers with only serial port access for debugging. All members of each engineering team must have access to the controller serial data from remote locations.
Historically, console servers were designed for one or two TCP connections to each serial port allowing remote diagnostics and reboot of the connected equipment. Rarely were all 48 ports active any one time. Could Lantronix provide a more cost effective, centralized solution that would be reliable and scalable to hundreds of engineers?
- Solution must be scalable – capable of handling the existing remote locations, and able to accommodate rapid expansion of additional locations and engineering teams
- Ease-of-implementation was critical
- Ease-of-integration with the ability to stream serial port data to multiple team members
- Ability to support all 48 ports streaming to engineering teams at once
- Highest performance available
Lantronix SLC 8000 – High-Performance Console Manager
The Lantronix SLC 8000 console manager provides secure, remote access to servers and IT infrastructure equipment, whether it’s located down the hall or across the globe. IT professionals can use the SLC 8000 to monitor, manage and troubleshoot nearly anything in the data center rack, from anywhere, at any time. This capability means faster response rates which translate into reduced costs, more access and less downtime.
Lantronix SLC 8000 Application: Remote Debug and Monitoring by Multiple Teams
- Rapid deployment – the set-up and configuration of the SLC 8000 was done in a matter of minutes
- Engineering team members can remotely monitor debug logs from the same piece of serial equipment
- Ability to stream single port data to multiple users
- Ability to stream all serial ports simultaneously to multiple users
- The SLC 8000 solution overall resulted in reduced operating costs, improved response time and service quality for the engineering teams
About the Lantronix SLC 8000
Future Proof Your Secure Out-Of-Band Management Solution
The Lantronix SLC 8000 advanced console manager is the industry’s first modular console server that provides secure remote access to IT equipment, while reducing deployment costs and time.
SLC 8000 Key Benefits:
- Reduces downtime and increases efficiency with anytime, anywhere access to IT equipment
- Enables custom “mix-and-match” configurations with USB and RS-232 modules
- Simplifies service deployments and balances CAPEX and OPEX with its modular design
- In-band (Ethernet) and out-of-band access (dial-in/out via modem, as well as cellular: PremierWave XC HSPA+ and 4G LTE with newly available LTE connectivity kit)
- Front LCD and keypad allows for quick network set-up and easy deployment
- Protects management interfaces with authentication and FIPS 140-2 compliant encryption
- Centralized management integration with the Lantronix vSLM and ConsoleFlow management software
Request a Free 30-Day Trial Today – FREE 30-day trial for qualified customers