Protecting IT Infrastructure and Customer Information in the Financial Sector
IT Infrastructure Insights
Much of today’s mission-critical IT infrastructure in the financial sector operates within data center topologies that are often a mixture of co-located facilities and virtual cloud systems. Although the transition from traditional enterprise data center models to hybrid architecture has shown significant productivity gains, it has exposed numerous attack vectors that more and more companies are just beginning to address. In fact, a recent risk assessment from data security firm Varonis reported that 85 percent of IT professionals worldwide have changed or plan to change security policies based on recent attacks.
A global financial services firm required a console management solution that would provide robust and reliable out-of-band management for their IT infrastructure. The solution would also need to comply with new data encryption standards and protect against unauthorized access to the data center infrastructure which houses sensitive financial and customer data, including social security numbers and account information for the firm’s millions of customers.
The Solution: The Lantronix SLC 8000 Advanced Console Manager
The customer deployed the Lantronix SLC 8000 advanced console manager with the necessary flash memory to support Secure Hash Algorithm 2 (SHA 2) and AES 256 encryption. This ensures that the company is following financial regulations and data security standards. Additionally, the SLC 8000 console manager enabled secure out-of-band access over the administrator’s Ethernet channel to critical systems comprised of console managers, routers, and servers. Authorized IT personnel are now able to remotely manage essential IT equipment and deploy cost-effective upgrades as they become available.
SLC 8000: Secure Remote Out of Band Management (OOBM) for Financial Institutions
- Rapid deployment
- Stronger encryption standards for sensitive data
- Secure access to IT infrastructure equipment
- Centralized monitoring and quick troubleshooting of remote systems
About the Lantronix SLC 8000
Future Proof Your Secure Out-Of-Band Management Solution
The Lantronix SLC 8000 advanced console manager is the industry’s first modular console server that provides secure remote access to IT equipment, while reducing deployment costs and time.
SLC 8000 Key Benefits
- Reduces downtime and increases efficiency with anytime, anywhere access to IT equipment
- Enables custom “mix-and-match” configurations with USB and RS-232 modules
- Simplifies service deployments and balances CAPEX and OPEX with its modular design
- In-band (Ethernet) and out-of-band access (dial-in/out via modem, as well as cellular: PremierWave XC HSPA+ and 4G LTE with newly available LTE connectivity kit)
- Front LCD and keypad allows for quick network set-up and easy deployment
- Protects management interfaces with authentication and FIPS 140-2 compliant encryption
- Centralized management integration with the Lantronix vSLM and ConsoleFlow management software