Enabling Secure Management of the Data Center, From Anywhere
A leading global technology company needed a way to remotely monitor and manage network equipment installed at their Asian data center.
The customer required a secure IT infrastructure management solution that would enable them to monitor the data center 24/7, even in the event that servers or networks were down. In addition, the customer wanted a solution that could easily be integrated without significant capital expenditure costs.
Competing console servers in the market are costly and do not offer the appropriate levels of security or scalability that the customer required to manage the data center efficiently. Could Lantronix provide a secure, cost-effective solution that allows the customer to remotely manage the data center around the clock?
- Instant, remote access to the network equipment
- Secure transfer of information from the data center
Lantronix SLC 8000 Advanced Console Manager
The customer deployed the Lantronix SLC 8000 advanced console manager to manage its Asian data center remotely. The SLC 8000 provided the customer’s IT professionals the ability to monitor, manage and troubleshoot servers and IT infrastructure equipment from anywhere and at any time. By establishing secure, reliable connectivity to the data center, IT professionals can now diagnose and resolve problems immediately – right from their desk. The SLC 8000 saves time and energy that would have been needed to send staff directly to the data center.
In addition, when new equipment needs change or additional ports are needed, the SLC 8000’s unique modular design allows users to simply add or swap RS-232 and USB modules to its modular chassis, which is expandable up to 48 ports. This offers easy scalability and upgrades while minimizing capital expenditures and time required deploying new services and equipment. While other console servers in the market are costly, the SLC 8000 delivers a robust, scalable IT infrastructure management solution at a competitive value.
Lantronix SLC 8000 Deployment Application:
Remote Management of Data Center Equipment
- Rapid deployment
- Centralized monitoring and quick troubleshooting of remote equipment
- Secure access to IT infrastructure equipment
- Support multiple users to connect to a single device port and simultaneous access to all 48 ports
- Scale as system configuration and device console mix changes
About the Lantronix SLC 8000 Advanced Console Manager
Future Proof Your Secure Out-of-Band Management Solution
The Lantronix SLC 8000 advanced console manager is the industry’s first modular console server that provides secure remote access to IT equipment, while reducing deployment costs and time.
Lantronix SLC 8000 Key Benefits:
- Reduces downtime and increases efficiency with anytime, anywhere access to IT equipment
- Enables custom “mix-and-match” configurations with USB and RS-232 modules
- Simplifies service deployments and balances CAPEX and OPEX with its modular design
- In-band (Ethernet) and out-of-band access (dial-in/out via modem, as well as cellular: PremierWave XC HSPA+ and 4G LTE with newly available LTE connectivity kit)
- Front LCD and keypad allows for quick network set-up and easy deployment
- Protects management interfaces with authentication and FIPS 140-2 compliant encryption
- Centralized management integration with the Lantronix vSLM and ConsoleFlow management software