SecureBox family of device servers offers the most secure way to add formerly isolated electronic equipment to the Ethernet network.
Secure Network Encryption Device Servers
- Securely network-enable serial devices with 128-256 bit AES-certified encryption
- Transparent communications – no need to develop special software
- Two RS-232 DTE serial ports pinned the same as PC for easy connection
- 10/100 Ethernet Interface
SecureBox SDS2101 Overview
The Most Secure Way to Connect, Monitor, Manage and Control Devices Over a Network or the Internet
The SecureBox family of device servers offers the most secure way to add formerly isolated electronic equipment to the Ethernet network. With this capability, virtually any device with a serial port can be remotely accessed and controlled securely over the network or the Internet. This adds an unprecedented level of flexibility and efficiency to your business, and breathes new life into your existing equipment.
With the proliferation of information in today’s electronic world, businesses are more concerned than ever about protecting data from unwanted intrusion as it is transferred over a network or the Internet. SecureBox device servers feature the most robust security available on the market with a National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) certified implementation of 128-256 bit AES (Advanced Encryption Standards; Rijndael) as specified by FIPS-197 (Federal Information Processing Standards).
Easy to install and implement, SecureBox device servers are ideal for commercial applications where secure data communications are essential, medical facilities, government agencies and financial institutions. Using a method called serial tunneling, SecureBox encrypts and encapsulates serial data into packets and transports it over Ethernet. Using two device servers connected by a network, secure virtual serial connections can be extended across a facility or around the world.
The Lantronix approach to secure communications is transparent to your attached devices and software. There is no need to change the way you work or develop special software to encrypt/decrypt information over the network. The Windows-based configuration software, user-friendly web interface and on-line help simplify and streamline the set-up process. SecureBox can also be set up locally through its serial port, or remotely over a network using Telnet or a web browser. For added security, the web interface can be disabled.
SecureBox device servers can be used as a faster, less expensive and more reliable alternative to dial-up modems. In modem emulation mode, the unit accepts modem AT commands on the serial port and establishes a secure network connection to the end device, eliminating the need for dedicated modems and phone lines.
Available in single port (SDS1101) or dual port (SDS2101) configurations, SecureBox can also work with Lantronix’s Secure Com Port Redirector (SCPR) software to extend the functionality of COM port-based Windows® applications across Ethernet. SCPR creates encrypted virtual COM port connections to transport data to a remote SecureBox over the network or the Internet. This provides secure access and control of COM port-based applications from anywhere, at any time.
Built to expand as your needs grow, SecureBox’s Flash memory provides maintenance-free, non-volatile web page storage and facilitates easy future system upgrades. If you’re looking for the most cost-effective and scalable solution for securely network-enabling your equipment, look no further than SecureBox.
SecureBox SDS2101 Tech Specs
- Interface: Software-selectable RS232, RS422 or RS485 (2 and 4 wire support)
- Connectors: 2 DB9M DTE serial ports
- Data Rates: Software-selectable baud rate from 300 to 921 KBaud
- Characters: 7 or 8 data bits
- Parity: odd, even, none
- Stop Bits: 1 or 2 Control
- Signals: CTS/RTS (Hardware)
- Flow Control: XON/XOFF (Software)
- Data Encryption: 128-256 Bit AES encryption, NIST AES Cert #120
- Interface: 10Base-T/100Base-TX Ethernet port
- Software selectable Ethernet speed 10/100/Auto
- Software selectable Half/Full/Auto duplex
- Connectors: RJ45
- Standards: ARP, UDP, TCP, ICMP, Telnet, TFTP, AutoIP, DHCP, HTTP, SNMP and RFC2217
- RXI Serial (Activity) (green)
- TXI Serial (Activity) (yellow)
- RX2 Serial (Activity) (green)
- TX2 Serial (Activity) (yellow)
- RJ45 LEDs Link (100=green,10=yellow)
- Act (Full=green, Half duplex=green)
- CPU: DSTNI-EX 48 MHz clock
- Memory: 256 KB zero wait state SRAM, 2 MB Flash
- Lantronix DeviceInstaller GUI, Serial login, SNMP, Telnet login, HTTP
- 9-30 VDC on barrel connector (1.8 Watts maximum consumption)
- Operating: 0° to 60° C (32° to 140°F)
- Storage: -40° to 85° C (-40 to 185°F)
- Material: Metal enclosure with integrated wall mounts; optional 35 mm DIN-rail mount available
- Dimensions (LxWxH): 9.5 x 7.2 x 2.3 cm (3.7 x 2.8 x 0.9 in)
- Weight: 0.4 kg (0.9 lbs)
- IP Rating: 30
- FCC, C/UL, CSA, VCCI, CE,TUV, CTick
- Dimensions (LxWxH): 35.5 x 17.1 x 7.6 cm (14 x 6.75 x 3 in)
- Weight: 1.5 kg (3.0 lbs)
- Windows 98/ME/NT/2000/XP/Vista-based DeviceInstaller configuration software, Com Port Redirector software and related utilities
- Designed with protection against transients and ESD for use under harsh environments.
- Serial Port: 15 kV ESD protection on RS232 and RS422/485 transceivers
- Power Input: Up to non-repeated 600 W 10/100 usec pulse protection against transient over voltages
- Ethernet Port: 1500 VAC isolation shielded with shield connected to chassis ground for signal integrity and ESD protection
|FCC Part 15 Subpart B Class A||Radiated Emissions 30MHz – 1000MHz|
|ICES-003 Issue 4 February 2004 Class A||Radiated Emissions 30MHz – 1000MHz|
|AS/NZS CISPR 22: 2004 Class A||Radiated Emissions 30MHz – 1000MHz|
|EN55022: 1998 + A1: 2000 + A2: 2003 Class A||Radiated Emissions 30MHz – 1000MHz|
|VCCI V-3/2005.04 Class A||Radiated Emissions 30MHz – 1000MHz|
|EN61000-3-2: 2000 Class A||Harmonic Current Emissions|
|EN61000-3-3: 1995 + A1: 2001||Fluctuations and Flicker|
|EN55024: 1998||+A1: 2001 +A2: 2003|
|IEC_61000-4-2: 1995||ESD 8kV Air Discharge (Direct), 4kV Contact Discharge (Direct/Indirect)|
|IEC_61000-4-3: 1995||Radiated Immunity 3.0V/m, 1KHz AM Sine Wave at 80%|
|IEC_61000-4-4: 1995||EFT/Burst 1.0kV Power Lines, 0.5kV I/O Lines|
|IEC_61000-4-5: 1995||Surge Immunity 1.0kV Common Mode, 1.0 kV Differential Mode|
|IEC_61000-4-6: 1996||Conducted Immunity 3.0 Vrms, 80% AM Modulated (1KHz)|
|IEC_61000-4-8: 1993||Magnetic Field Immunity 50Hz 1.0 Arms/m|
|IEC_61000-4-11: 1994||Voltage Dips and Interrupts (>95%,0.5 periods), (30%,25 periods), (>95%,250 periods)|
SecureBox SDS2101 Resources
SecureBox SDS2101 Part Numbers
Lantronix Online Store (U.S.A., Canada, Mexico, Europe)
Click on a cart button below to buy direct from Lantronix.
two-port 10/100 secure device server RoHS compliant; universal power supply with regional adapters
|Lantronix Part #||Name||Description||Order Now|