Single-Port Secure Device Server
- Securely network-enable serial devices with 128-256 bit AES-certified encryption
- Transparent communications – no need to develop special software
- RS-232 DCE serial port pinned the same as modem for easy connection
- 10/100 Ethernet Interface
- Supported by Lantronix’s Secure Com Port Redirector software
Overview for SecureBox SDS1101
The Most Secure Way to Connect, Monitor, Manage and Control Devices Over a Network or the Internet
The SecureBox SDS1101 offers the most secure way to add formerly isolated electronic equipment to the Ethernet network. With this capability, virtually any device with a serial port can be remotely accessed and controlled securely over the network or the Internet. This adds an unprecedented level of flexibility and efficiency to your business, and breathes new life into your existing equipment.
With the proliferation of information in today’s electronic world, businesses are more concerned than ever about network security and protecting data from unwanted intrusion as it is transferred over a network or the Internet. The SDS1101 single port secure device server features the most robust security available on the market with a National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) certified implementation of 128-256 bit AES (Advanced Encryption Standards; Rijndael) as specified by FIPS-197 (Federal Information Processing Standards).
Extending Serial Communication Across the Globe
SecureBox is ideal for commercial applications where secure data communications and network security are essential, medical facilities, government agencies and financial institutions. Using a method called serial tunneling, SecureBox encrypts and encapsulates serial data into packets and transports it over Ethernet. Using two device servers connected by a network, secure virtual serial connections can be extended across a facility or around the world.
SecureBox SDS1101 can also work with Lantronix’s Secure Com Port Redirector (SCPR) software to extend the functionality of COM port-based Windows® applications across Ethernet. SCPR creates encrypted virtual COM port connections to transport data to a remote SecureBox over the network or the Internet. This provides secure access and control of COM port-based applications from anywhere, at any time.
Easy to Setup and Use
The Lantronix approach to secure communications is transparent to your attached devices and software. There is no need to change the way you work or develop special software to encrypt/decrypt information over the network. The Windows-based configuration software, user-friendly web interface and on-line help simplify and streamline the set-up process. SecureBox can also be set up locally through its serial port, or remotely over a network using Telnet or a web browser. For added security, the web interface can be disabled.
Built to expand as your needs grow, SecureBox’s Flash memory provides maintenance-free, non-volatile web page storage and facilitates easy future system upgrades.
Secure Modem Replacement
SecureBox can be used as a faster, less expensive and more reliable alternative to dial-up modems. In modem emulation mode, the unit accepts modem AT commands on the serial port and establishes a secure network connection to the end device, eliminating the need for dedicated modems and phone lines.
RoHS-compliant, the SDS1101 meets Directive 2002/95/EC on the restriction of the use of certain hazardous substances in electrical and electronic equipment.
Features & Specifications for SecureBox SDS1101
- Interface: Software-selectable RS232, RS422 or RS485 (2 and 4 wire support)
- Connectors: 1 DB25F DCE serial port
- Data Rates: Software-selectable baud rate from 300 to 230 KBaud
- Characters: 7 or 8 data bits
- Parity: odd, even, none
- Stop Bits: 1 or 2 Control
- Signals: CTS/RTS (Hardware)
- Flow Control: XON/XOFF (Software)
- Interface: 10Base-T/100Base-TX Ethernet port
- Software selectable Ethernet speed 10/100/Auto
- Software selectable Half/Full/Auto duplex
- Connectors: RJ45
- Standards: ARP, UDP, TCP, ICMP, Telnet, TFTP, AutoIP, DHCP, HTTP, SNMP TCP, UDP, and Telnet, TFTP
- Power, 10/100 Link/Activity (green),
- 100/100 Link/Activity(green),
- Diagnostics (red),
- Status (green)
- CPU: DSTNI-EX 48 MHz clock
- Memory: 256 KB zero wait state SRAM, 2 MB Flash
- Lantronix DeviceInstaller GUI, Serial login, SNMP, Telnet login, HTTP
- 9-30 VDC or 9-24 VAC on barrel connector (1.5 Watts maximum consumption)
- 9-30 VDC on DB25F serial interface
- Operating: 5° to 50° C (41° to 122° F)
- Storage: -40° to 66° C (-40 to 151° F)
- Material: Metal enclosure with integrated wall mounts; optional 35 mm DIN-rail mount available
- Dimensions (LxWxH): 9.0 x 6.4 x 2.3 cm (3.5 x 2.5 x 0.9 in)
- Weight: 0.20 kg (0.45 lb)
- IP Rating: 30
- UL, CSA, FCC, CE, TUV, CTick, VCCI
- Dimensions (LxWxH): 242 x 191 x 115 mm (9.5 x 7.5 x 4.5 in)
- Weight: 1.5 kg (3.0 lbs)
- Windows® 98/ME/NT/2000/XP-based DeviceInstaller configuration software, Com Port Redirector software and related utilities
|FCC Part 15 Subpart B Class A||Radiated Emissions 30MHz – 1000MHz|
|ICES-003 Issue 4 February 2004 Class A||Radiated Emissions 30MHz – 1000MHz|
|AS/NZS CISPR 22: 2004 Class A||Radiated Emissions 30MHz – 1000MHz|
|EN55022: 1998 + A1: 2000 + A2: 2003 Class A||Radiated Emissions 30MHz – 1000MHz|
|VCCI V-3/2005.04 Class A||Radiated Emissions 30MHz – 1000MHz|
|EN61000-3-2: 2000 Class A||Harmonic Current Emissions|
|EN61000-3-3: 1995 + A1: 2001||Fluctuations and Flicker|
|EN55024: 1998||+A1: 2001 +A2: 2003|
|IEC_61000-4-2: 1995||ESD 8kV Air Discharge (Direct), 4kV Contact Discharge (Direct/Indirect)|
|IEC_61000-4-3: 1995||Radiated Immunity 3.0V/m, 1KHz AM Sine Wave at 80%|
|IEC_61000-4-4: 1995||EFT/Burst 1.0kV Power Lines, 0.5kV I/O Lines|
|IEC_61000-4-5: 1995||Surge Immunity 1.0kV Common Mode, 1.0 kV Differential Mode|
|IEC_61000-4-6: 1996||Conducted Immunity 3.0 Vrms, 80% AM Modulated (1KHz)|
|IEC_61000-4-8: 1993||Magnetic Field Immunity 50Hz 1.0 Arms/m|
|IEC_61000-4-11: 1994||Voltage Dips and Interrupts (>95%,0.5 periods), (30%,25 periods), (>95%,250 periods)|
- Designed with protection against transients and ESD for use under harsh environments.
- Serial Port: 15 kV ESD protection on RS232 and RS422/485 transceivers
- Power Input: Up to non-repeated 600 W 10/100 usec pulse protection against transient over voltages
- Ethernet Port: 1500 VAC isolation shielded with shield connected to chassis ground for signal integrity and ESD protection
Order Information & Part Numbers for SecureBox SDS1101
Lantronix Online Store (U.S.A., Canada, Mexico, Europe)
Click on a cart button below to buy direct from Lantronix.
- Call (800) 422-7055 to speak with a Lantronix sales representative in North America.
- Lantronix Worldwide Offices – Find an office in your region from our list of worldwide offices.
- Find a Lantronix Partner – Lantronix products are available from a variety of leading technology vendors.
Single Port Secure device server with AES Encryption, universal power supply
|Lantronix Part #||Name||Description||Order Now|