Lantronix®, Inc. (Nasdaq: LTRX) was founded in 1989 and is headquartered in Irvine, Calif. With worldwide locations and strong channel presence in Europe, Japan, Asia-Pacific, Latin American and Australia, we are a global leader in secure communication technologies that simplify remote access, management, and control of virtually any electronic device regardless of location.
Our innovative solutions enable businesses to make better decisions based on real-time information and are utilized in almost every vertical market including: security, building and industrial automation, medical/healthcare, IT/data center, government, transportation, pro AV/signage, retail, power and utilities, and many others.
"Lantronix is the industry leader in secure communications solutions to connect and control any type of equipment
via the Internet."
Timeline of Innovation
Lantronix announces the PremierWave® XC - a unique, hybrid GSM/GPRS and Ethernet dual-port serial device server with enterprise level security that allows safe and secure remote access to, and management of, virtually any serial device via a GSM/GPRS or Ethernet network.
Lantronix launches xPrintServer™ Home Edition- a follow-on product to the hugely popular Network Edition of the xPrintServer .The xPrintServer Home Edition is designed specifically for home use by consumers wishing to print from their iPad, iPhone, or iPod Touch to a USB or network printer.
Introduces the xPico, the world’s smallest embedded device server that can be utilized in designs typically intended for chip solutions. With its embedded device server application, Web server, and full IP stack, xPico allows seamless remote access to device data – simplifying the design integration process and providing robust connectivity.
Introduces the PremierWave XN, the next generation device server in the award-winning PremierWave family. Roughly the size of a standard deck of playing cards, PremierWave XN is an 802.11n dual-band, multi-port serial device server, offering both WiFi and Ethernet connectivity – enabling remote access and easy management of devices or equipment over the network and across the Internet.Lantronix xPrintServer Network Edition™ is named a winner of the Macworld Best of Show Award, receives The Mac Observer Editors Choice Award, and is named winner of the Engadget Editors’ Choice Peripheral of The Year Award (2011).
Introduces the xPrintServer™-Network Edition, the first external print server that allows iPads®, iPhones®, iPod® Touch, and virtually any device running Apple’s iOS® mobile operating system to print wirelessly to virtually any networked printer. Roughly the size of an iPhone, the xPrintServer-Network Edition is an easy-to-use hardware solution that utilizes the iOS native print menu and requires no additional applications, software downloads, or printer driver installations.
Introduces the EDS-MD™, a next generation medical device aggregator, based on the award-winning EDS product family. Developed specifically for the medical industry, EDS-MD facilitates the secure access and management of medical devices in hospitals, laboratories, and other healthcare environments.
Lantronix is named to Connected World magazine's "2012 CW 100," a prestigious list of the most innovative providers of M2M technology and connected devices.
Wins the "Contribution to Security" award at the 5th Annual e-Legacy awards. The award, compliments Lantronix industry-leading status as an innovator that provides solutions designed to simplify and enhance security for companies of any size.
Lantronix launches eCommerce store providing a vehicle for easier and faster sales and customer service while also streamlining the order and fulfillment processes.
Introduces the PremierWave EN embedded Linux wireless device server. The module allows design engineers and original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) to easily add intelligent, wireless Ethernet networking to any device.
Introduces the MatchPort® NR, the newest addition to the popular MatchPort family of device servers. Pin-for-pin and form factor compatible with the MatchPort wireless device server, the MatchPort NR allows customers to easily configure their products for wired or wireless connectivity with the swap of a module.
Wins EDN Magazine's 20th Annual Innovation Awards for the XPort Pro Linux Networking Server in the Embedded-System Technology category.
Lantronix introduces the XPort® Pro, the world’s smallest Linux networking server.
Introduces the SpiderDuo, a new addition to the Spider™ family of KVM (keyboard, video, mouse)-over-IP solutions. The IPv6-certified SpiderDuo is a compact device that provides secure, real-time control of GUI-based computers, servers and other equipment from virtually anywhere via the Internet.
Ships 2 millionth XPort®, the original fully-integrated embedded networking server.
Introduces the Evolution Device/Terminal Server products, the 8- and 16-port EDSPS. Using industry-standard management tools, the multiport device servers allow serial equipment, such as medical devices, kiosks and retail terminals, to be accessed and managed via the Internet.
- Enters the Remote Product Services (RPS) business with ManageLinx™, a powerful platform for application services that serves as the foundation for AccessMyDevice™, the intelligent machine-to-machine (M2M) platform for remote device access, monitoring and management.
- Introduces IntelliBox®-I/O, the industry’s first-fully programmable external device server which automates the task of managing remote equipment and associated reporting.
Lantronix enters the Distributed IT market with the SecureLinx Spider™, a remote server management solution specifically dedicated for remote/branch office environments.
Introduces the UBox 2100, the first USB-to-Ethernet device server to support the USB isochronous data transfer standard.
- Introduces the EDS4100, the first data center grade device server to enable IT administrators to connect non-traditional IT equipment to corporate networks with the same protocols used to connect traditional networking equipment.
- Introduces the most secure device servers and console servers on the market with NIST (National Institute of Standards and Technology)-certified implementation of 128-256 bit AES (Advanced Encryption Standards) encryption.
- Introduced the WiPort®, an 802.11 wireless device server.
- Introduced the XPort®, the first fully integrated embedded device server.
- Introduced a line of industrial-grade device servers, which offers industrial-specific protocols.
- Introduced the first secure console server, and coined the term.
- Introduced the first integrated, board-level embedded device server.
- Introduced the first single-port external device server, which quickly became the industry standard.
- Entered the print server market with a single-port solution.
- Company founded in Irvine, California.
Lantronix is dedicated to helping its community through company programs and other charity-sponsored events.
In 2008, Lantronix started TLC (Team Lantronix Cares) to create opportunities to benefit the community and local charities. TLC organizes events such as blood drives, chili cook-offs, backyard BBQs, food drives and an afternoon helping the community. Since 2008, Lantronix has helped several local charities including:
- Japan Relief
- South County Outreach
- The Salvation Army – Adopt a Family Program
- Second Harvest Food Bank of Orange County
- Music for a Cure
- Newport Beach Back Bay
- Gift of Sight
- Mary’s Shelter
- Working Wardrobes
- American Red Cross
- Irvine Animal Care Center
- Friends of Read Orange County
- Families Forward