Industrial Device Server
- Cascade multiple devices from a single network connection
- Connects enterprise systems to non-networked factory floor devices
- Enables remote firmware upgrades, saving time and money
- Supports industrial protocols
- Maximizes flexibility with an internal 2-Port 10Base-T/100Base-TX Ethernet switch
- 15kV serial ESD protection and 2.5kV Ethernet isolation
- Wide -40°– 70°C operational temperature range
- RoHS compliant
Overview for XPress DR+
Network All Your Industrial Equipment – Quickly and Easily!
For demanding factory applications, Lantronix introduces the XPress DR+ industrial device server. The XPress DR+ enables users to remotely configure, monitor and control PLCs, drives, motion controllers, power equipment, barcode scanners and other serial devices from anywhere over the Net.
A versatile, powerful tool for remote management of automation and assembly/packaging equipment at manufacturing sites, automated distribution centers, refinery plants – or any industrial setting – it provides complete access and control of virtually any type of equipment with a serial port!
Extending Network Connectivity with SwitchPort+
Supporting two serial ports and two 10/100 Ethernet ports, the XPress DR+ features patent-pending SwitchPort+ technology which enables multiple industrial serial devices to be daisy chained (cascaded) from a single network backbone connection. SwitchPort+ combines Lantronix advanced device server technology with Ethernet switching technology to provide a robust and reliable method for networking equipment. Saves time and money by avoiding unnecessary cable runs and eliminates serial cable distance limitations.
Standards Based Communications
Using an open Ethernet architecture as a standard for device communication provides the flexibility to communicate to virtually any type of industrial equipment. Additionally it enables new equipment to be quickly and easily incorporated into existing network system designs.
When used in conjunction with an OPC server, most Windows® based HMI, SCADA and PC-based control applications have full access to information in the connected device. Existing COM-port based Windows applications can access network-enabled devices using Lantronix Com Port Redirector. This specialized software creates virtual serial ports, which are mapped to the XPress DR+ over Ethernet.
Thrives in the Industrial Environment
The XPress DR+ meets the demanding, complex industrial environment head on. Packaged in a rugged DIN-rail mount case, it’s equipped with isolated serial and Ethernet ports and screw terminal connectors for serial and power. It supports industrial protocols such as Modbus TCP, Modbus ASCII, Modbus RTU and DF1.
- 15kV serial ESD protection and 2.5kV Ethernet isolation protects circuitry from overcurrent conditions
- Wide -40°– 70°C operational temperature range
- 9-30 VDC and 9-24 VAC power input options
Flexible configuration options allow the unit to be set up locally using the serial port, or remotely over Ethernet using Telnet or browser. The included DeviceInstaller software simplifies the process of installing industrial protocols and configuring them for use with attached devices. The CPU’s flash memory provides maintenance-free, non-volatile storage and easily accommodates future system upgrades. Complete with an auto MDI/MDIX Ethernet interface, the XPress DR+ is a powerful device communication solution that’s perfect for your most demanding industrial applications.
Features & Specifications for XPress DR+
- 2 RJ45 RS-232 Serial Ports
- Baud rate selectable from 300 to 230 Kbps
- 1 screw terminal RS-422/485 interface on Serial Port 2 (2 and 4-wire support)
- LED indicators for TXD and RXD activities
Serial Line Formats
- Characters: 7 or 8 data bits
- Stop Bits: 1 or 2
- Parity: odd, even, none
- Hardware: RTS/CTS
- Software: XON/XOFF
- DTR, DSR
- 2 RJ45 10Base-T/100Base-TX Ethernet ports
- Embedded, unmanaged, fully compliant 802.3u non-blocking Ethernet switch
- Store and forward architecture with 1K MAC address lookup table
- Automatic MDI/MDI-X crossover
- Full duplex IEEE 802.3x flow control
- Half duplex back pressure flow control
- IEEE 802.1d spanning tree
- TX/RX activity per serial
- Link/Activity per Ethernet port
- Power/System OK
- Internal web server (standard tunneling firmware only)
- SNMP (read only)
- Serial login
- Telnet login
- DeviceInstaller software
- 8 kV direct contact, 15kV air discharge, ESD protection on all Serial ports (IEC 1000-4-2, IEC 61000-4-2)
- 2 K VAC / 2.8K VDC galvanic isolation between Power Input port to Ethernet ports (except Chassis ground)
- 2 K VAC / 2.8K VDC galvanic isolation between Power Input port to Serial ports
- Transient Voltage protection and ESD with max non-repetitive surge current 800 Amp (8/20 μs) (IEC 61000-4-2)
- 2 K VA / 2.8K VDC galvanic isolation between Ethernet ports (except chassis ground)
- 2 K VA / 2.8K VDC galvanic isolation between Ethernet ports to Serial ports
- 40 A (5/50 ns) EFT protection (IEC 61000-4-4), 12 A (8/20 μs) lightning protection (IEC 61000-4-5) on all Ethernet ports
- Removable screw terminal block connector
- 9-30 VDC or 9-24 VAC with chassis ground
- 2.3 Watts maximum
- Temperature: -40°C to +70°C (-40 to 158°F)
- Humidity: 20% to 90% relative humidity, noncondensing
- UL, CSA, FCC, CE, TUV, CTick, VCCIs
- ARP, UDP/IP, TCP/IP, Telnet, ICMP, SNMP, DHCP, BOOTP, TFTP, and HTTP
Installable Industrial Application Protocols
- ModBus TCP, ModBus ASCII/RTU, DF1 Multi-Master
- Lantronix DSTNI-EX 48 MHz clock, 256 KB SRAM Internal CPU Memory
- 2 MB Flash
- 2 KB
- Front panel recessed push button
- Case: High-impact plastic case with integrated DIN Rail (35 mm) mount – IP30 enclosure rating
- Dimensions (L x W x H): 8.76 x 5.7 x 28.57 cm (3.45 x 2.25 x 4.85 in), terminal blocks included
- Weight: 0.21 kg (0.46 lb)
Shipping Dimensions (L x W x H)
- 18.7 x 22.9 x 11.1 cm (7.375 x 9.0 x 4.375 in)
Docs & Downloads for XPress DR+
|XPress DR+ Firmware (Std Tunnel / Modbus / DF1)|
Order Information & Part Numbers for XPress DR+
Lantronix Online Store (U.S.A., Canada, Mexico, Europe)
Click on a cart button below to buy direct from Lantronix.
- Call (800) 422-7055 to speak with a Lantronix sales representative in North America.
- Lantronix Worldwide Offices – Find an office in your region from our list of worldwide offices.
- Find a Lantronix Partner – Lantronix products are available from a variety of leading technology vendors.
|Part Number||Name||Description||Order Now|
two port industrial device server with dual switched Ethernet ports and industrial protocols