Embedded Ethernet Device Server
- Minimal engineering effort required to web-enable virtually any electronic device
- Remote command and control of edge devices
- 256-bit AES encryption for secure communications
- EMC/EMI-compliant; RoHS-compliant
- Everything you need — all in a single RJ45 package
- Product Overview
- Features & Specifications
- Order Now
Build Serial to Ethernet Connectivity and Control into Your Products, Quickly and Simply
XPort® is a compact, integrated solution to web enable virtually any device with serial capability. By incorporating XPort to a product design, manufacturers can quickly and easily offer serial to Ethernet networking capability as a standard feature — so equipment can be accessed and controlled over the Internet.
Full Networking in a Tiny Package
XPort embedded Ethernet device server removes the complexity – of designing network connectivity into a product by incorporating all of the required hardware and software inside a single embedded Ethernet solution. Smaller than your thumb, it includes all essential networking features, including a 10Base- T/100Base-TX Ethernet connection, proven operating system, an embedded web server, e-mail alerts, a full TCP/IP protocol stack, and 256-bit AES encryption for secure communications. This easy-to-embed networking processor module enables engineers to focus on their core competency while reducing development time and cost and increasing product value.
Integrated Network Communications Module
XPort is powered by our DSTni™ network processor SoC, which includes a 10/100 MAC/PHY and 256 KB of SRAM. It features a built-in web server for communications with a device via a standard Internet browser. Web capability can be used for remote configuration, real-time monitoring or troubleshooting. XPort has 512 KB of onmodule Flash for web pages and software upgrades. It acts as a dedicated co-processor that optimizes network activities permitting the host microprocessor to function at maximum efficiency.
Building Intelligent Devices
With XPort you can embed intelligence into any electronic product for applications such as:
- Remote diagnostics and upgrades
- Asset tracking and replenishment
- Automation and control
- Power management
- Remote collaboration
- Personalized content delivery
Robust, Feature-Rich Software Suite
Eliminating the need to negotiate the intricacies of Transmission Control Protocol (TCP) or Internet Protocol (IP), XPort incorporates:
- Robust Real Time Operating System (RTOS)
- Full-featured network protocol stack
- Built-in web server for device communication and configuration via a standard browser
The Windows-based DeviceInstaller™ makes configuring one or more XPorts in a subnet quick and easy.
- Install and configure XPort and load firmware
- Assign IP & other network specific addresses
- Load custom web pages and view specific device data
- Enable web-based configuration of the device
- Ping or query the attached device(s) over the network
- Allow Telnet communication with the device(s)
Features & Specifications
- Interface: CMOS (Asynchronous, 5V Tolerant)
- Data Rates: 300 bps to 921,600 bps
- Characters: 7 or 8 data bits
- Parity: Odd, even, none
- Stop Bits: 1 or 2
- Control Signals: DTR/DCD, CTS/RTS
- Flow Control: XON/XOFF, RTS/CTS
- Programmable I/O: 3 PIO pins (software selectable)
- Interface: Ethernet 10Base-T or 100Base-TX (Auto-Sensing)
- Connector: RJ45
- Protocols: TCP/IP, UDP/IP, ARP, ICMP, SNMP, TFTP, Telnet, DHCP, BOOTP, HTTP, and AutoIP
- 10Base-T connection
- 100Base-TX connection
- Link & activity indicator - Full/half duplex
- SNMP,Telnet, serial, internal web server, and Microsoft Windows®- based utility for configuration
- Password protection
- Optional 256-bit AES Rijndael encryption
Internal Web Server
- Storage Capacity: 384KB for web pages
- CPU: Based on the DSTni-EX enhanced 16-bit, 48MHz or 88MHz, x86 architecture
- Memory: 256KB SRAM and 512KB Flash
- Firmware: Upgradeable via TFTP and serially
- Input Voltage: 3.3 VDC
- Operating Temperature Range: -40° to 85°C (-40° to 185°F)
- Storage (Non-operating): -40° to 85°C (-40° to 185°F)
- Dimensions: 33.9 x 16.25 x 13.5mm (1.33 x 0.64 x 0.53 in)
- Weight: 9.6 g (0.34 oz)
- Web manager, Windows®-based DeviceInstaller configuration software and Com Port Redirector.
Order Information & Part Numbers
Lantronix Online Store (U.S.A., Canada, Mexico, Europe)
Click on a cart button below to buy direct from Lantronix.
- Call (800) 422-7055 to speak with a Lantronix sales representative in North America.
- Lantronix Worldwide Offices - Find an office in your region from our list of worldwide offices.
- Find a Lantronix Partner - Lantronix products are available from a variety of leading technology vendors.
|Part Numbers||Description||Order Now|
|XP1001000-05R||XPort XE RoHS Extended Temperature, without Encryption
(Min. Quantity 50 units)
|XP1001000M-05R||XPort XE RoHS Extended Temperature, with MODBUS, without Encryption
(Min. Quantity 50 units)
|XP1002000-05R||XPort SE RoHS Extended Temperature, with Encryption
(Min. Quantity 50 units)
|XP100200S-05R||XPort SE RoHS Extended Temperature, with Encryption - SAMPLE|
|XP10010NMK-01||XPort Universal Demo Board (Evaluation Kit)
Modules need to be ordered separately.
|XPort Eval Kit Bundle||XPort Module & Universal Demo Board (Evaluation Kit)