UDS1100 / UDS1100-PoE
External Device Servers
- Network virtually any device in minutes
- Access, monitor and control equipment over Ethernet
- Replace dedicated PCs and/or modem lines with fast and reliable Ethernet networking
- Configure quickly and easily via HTTP, DHCP, Telnet, serial or Lantronix DeviceInstaller™ utility
- Supports RS232, RS422 and RS485 communications
- Environmentally-friendly RoHS and WEEE compliant
- Small enough to place almost anywhere
- Features TruPort® Com port control technology (also see UDS2100)
- Power over Ethernet (PoE) model available
- Meets the newest UL 864 9th Edition standards
- Product Overview
- Features & Specifications
- Order Now
Remotely Monitor, Manage and Share Equipment Over the Net
Device networking is what powers M2M (machine to machine) communication. The UDS family of external device servers enables users to connect, manage and control just about any piece of equipment with a serial port from virtually anywhere over Ethernet or the Internet.
With the UDS1100, virtually any piece of equipment can be added to an Ethernet network in a matter of minutes! This single-port external device server is a quick, simple and inexpensive way to bring the advantages of remote management to equipment not currently connected to a network.
And with the UL 864 listing, fire and alarm panel equipment manufactures can easily add networking capabilities to their existing UL 864-listed products without the need to reapply to UL.
Extending Serial to Ethernet Communications Across the Globe
Our approach to network-enabling devices is transparent to your attached equipment and software so you won’t need to change the way you work. Using a method called serial tunneling, the UDS1100 encapsulates serial data into packets and transports it over Ethernet. Serial tunneling can be done in two ways:
- Using Lantronix supplied Com Port Redirector™ software, Windows® device applications not designed for network communications are re-directed to communicate to devices connected to the UDS1100.
- Connecting two UDS1100 device servers configured to automatically talk to each other over the network creates virtual serial to Ethernet connections that can extend serial communications across a facility or around the world.
The built-in web server enables users to access and configure the UDS1100 from a standard web browser.
Web pages enabling the UDS1100 to be customized for unique applications can be built using Lantronix development tools. On-board Flash memory provides room for future system software upgrades and maintenance-free, non-volatile web page storage.
Easy to Set Up and Use
The UDS1100 can be set up locally through its serial port, or remotely using Telnet or a web browser. The included DeviceInstaller™ Windows-based configuration software simplifies setup and provides an easy way to:
- Assign IP & other network specific addresses
- Load custom web pages
- Enable web-based configuration of the device server
- Ping or query the attached device(s) over the network
- View specific device data files
- Upgrade firmware
In modem emulation mode, the UDS is used to replace dial-up modems. The unit accepts modem AT commands on the serial port. It then establishes a network connection to the end device, leveraging network connections and bandwidth to eliminate dedicated modems and phone lines. The PoE version enables you to also take advantage of network connectivity in areas without power outlets.
Total Com Port Control with TruPort Technology
Built into the included Com Port Redirector software, TruPort® technology enables Windows-based applications to access and control serial ports on the UDS1100 as if they were actually local PC serial ports. The application can monitor and set hardware pins on the UDS1100 serial ports as well as access serial buffers for total Com port control. This allows existing applications to seamlessly transition from controlling local devices to true remote monitoring and control of devices around the world.
Features & Specifications
- Interface: Software-selectable RS232, RS422 or RS485 (2 and 4 wire support)
- Connectors: 1 DB25F DCE serial port
- Data Rates: Software-selectable baud rate from 300 to 230 KBaud
Serial Line Format
- Characters: 7 or 8 data bits
- Parity: odd, even, none
- Stop Bits: 1 or 2 Control
- Signals: CTS/RTS (Hardware)
- Flow Control: XON/XOFF (Software)
- Interface: 10Base-T/100Base-TX Ethernet port
- Software selectable Ethernet speed 10/100/Auto
- Software selectable Half/Full/Auto duplex
- Connectors: RJ45
- Standards: ARP, UDP, TCP, ICMP, Telnet, TFTP, AutoIP, DHCP, HTTP, SNMP TCP, UDP, and Telnet, TFTP
- Power, 10/100 Link/Activity (green)
- 100/100 Link/Activity (green)
- Diagnostics (red)
- Status (green)
- CPU: Lantronix DSTNI-EX 48 MHz clock
- Memory: 256 KB zero wait state SRAM, 2 MB Flash
- Lantronix DeviceInstaller GUI, Serial login, SNMP, Telnet login, HTTP
- 9-30 VDC or 9-24 VAC on barrel connector (1.5 Watts maximum consumption)
- 9-30 VDC on DB25F serial interface
- Powered over Ethernet via 802.3AF compliant power source
- Operating: 0° to 60° C (32° to 140°F)
- Storage: -40° to 85° C (-40° to 185° F)
- UL, CSA, FCC, CE, TUV, CTick, VCC, UL 864
- Windows® 98/ME/NT/2000/XP-based DeviceInstaller configuration software, Com Port Redirector™ software and related utilities
- Material: Metal enclosure with integrated wall mounts; optional 35 mm DIN-rail mount available
- Dimensions (LxWxH): 9.0 x 6.4 x 2.3 cm (3.5 x 2.5 x 0.9 in)
- Weight: 0.20 kg (0.45 lb)
- IP Rating: 30
- Dimensions (LxWxH): 35.5 x 17.1 x 7.6 cm (14 x 6.75 x 3 in)
- Weight: 1.5 kg (3.0 lbs)
|FCC Part 15 Subpart B Class A||Radiated Emissions 30MHz – 1000MHz|
|ICES-003 Issue 4 February 2004 Class A||Radiated Emissions 30MHz – 1000MHz|
|AS/NZS CISPR 22: 2004 Class A||Radiated Emissions 30MHz – 1000MHz|
|EN55022: 1998 + A1: 2000 + A2: 2003 Class A||Radiated Emissions 30MHz – 1000MHz|
|VCCI V-3/2005.04 Class A||Radiated Emissions 30MHz – 1000MHz|
|EN61000-3-2: 2000 Class A||Harmonic Current Emissions|
|EN61000-3-3: 1995 + A1: 2001||Fluctuations and Flicker|
|EN55024: 1998||+A1: 2001 +A2: 2003|
|IEC_61000-4-2: 1995||ESD 8kV Air Discharge (Direct), 4kV Contact Discharge (Direct/Indirect)|
|IEC_61000-4-3: 1995||Radiated Immunity 3.0V/m, 1KHz AM Sine Wave at 80%|
|IEC_61000-4-4: 1995||EFT/Burst 1.0kV Power Lines, 0.5kV I/O Lines|
|IEC_61000-4-5: 1995||Surge Immunity 1.0kV Common Mode, 1.0 kV Differential Mode|
|IEC_61000-4-6: 1996||Conducted Immunity 3.0 Vrms, 80% AM Modulated (1KHz)|
|IEC_61000-4-8: 1993||Magnetic Field Immunity 50Hz 1.0 Arms/m|
|IEC_61000-4-11: 1994||Voltage Dips and Interrupts (>95%,0.5 periods), (30%,25 periods), (>95%,250 periods)|
- Designed with protection against transients and ESD for use under harsh environments.
- Serial Port: 15 kV ESD protection on RS232 and RS422/485 transceivers
- Power Input: Up to non-repeated 600 W 10/100 usec pulse protection against transient over voltages
- Ethernet Port: 1500 VAC isolation shielded with shield connected to chassis ground for signal integrity and ESD protection
Order Information & Part Numbers
Lantronix Online Store (U.S.A., Canada, Mexico, Europe)
Click on a cart button below to buy direct from Lantronix.
- Call (800) 422-7055 to speak with a Lantronix sales representative in North America.
- Lantronix Worldwide Offices - Find an office in your region from our list of worldwide offices.
- Find a Lantronix Partner - Lantronix products are available from a variety of leading technology vendors.
|Part Number||Description||Order Now|
|UD1100001-01||UDS1100 device server,
US domestic power 120 VAC power supply RoHS
|UD1100002-01||UDS1100 device server,
100-240 VAC International power supply with regional adapters RoHS
|UD11000P0-01||UDS1100-PoE device server|
|For a board-level version of this product, see the UDS1100-B.|
|500-163-R||DB25M to DB9F serial cable|
|500-171-R||DB25M to RS485 and 9-30 VDC power input screw terminal adapter|
|ACDIN1001-01||Optional DIN-rail mount|