WiPort NR: Serial to Ethernet Connectivity Module Pin Compatible with the Lantronix WiPort Serial to 802.11 Wireless Module
The matchbook-sized WiPort NR is the newest member of our pin compatible module solutions family which also includes the popular WiPort. Designers now have the flexibility of enabling wired and wireless layout compatibility on a single PCB design. With this product, Lantronix offers manufacturers a seamless transition path between Ethernet and 802.11 wireless connectivity – without the need for any board re-design.
Lantronix has long recognized that engineers need a simple, cost-effective and reliable way to seamlessly embed network connectivity into their products. Networking a product can be a complex task adding months or even years to the development cycle. Lantronix embedded modules enable OEMs to keep pace with the expanding complexities of networking technology by easily adding connectivity at a fraction of the time of an in-house solution. Rather than devoting resources to develop in-house networking expertise, engineers are free to concentrate their efforts on their core competency to develop higher quality products and simply drop in the Lantronix networking module.
The new WiPort NR network processor module enables manufacturers to create a board design for Ethernet networking that can be migrated to 802.11 wireless without having to change the design. Designed for the same form factor and pinout as the company’s popular 802.11 wireless module, WiPort NR can be easily replaced with the WiPort wireless module.
WiPort NR features Include:
- Two serial ports
- 10Base-T/100Base-TX Ethernet connectivity (using external RJ45 jack)
- 2MB of Flash memory for OEM web pages
- 11 GPIOs
- Available CAN, SPI and I2C interfaces
- PoE-capable with external circuitry
- Programmable e-mail alerts
- 256-bit AES Rijndael encryption for secure communications
- Extensive networking protocol including full TCP/IP stack
Robust, Feature-Rich Software Suite
Eliminating the need to negotiate the intricacies of Transmission Control Protocol (TCP) or Internet Protocol (IP), WiPort NR incorporates a:
- Robust Real Time Operating System (RTOS)
- Full featured network protocol stack
- Proven, ready-to-use serial to ethernet/TCP-IP application
- Built-in CGI web server for device communication and configuration via a standard browser
Additionally, the Windows-based DeviceInstaller makes configuring one or more units in a subnet quick and easy.
- Install and configure WiPort and load firmware
- Assign IP & other network specific addresses
- Set wireless parameters
- Load custom web pages and view specific device data
- Enable web-based configuration of the device
- Ping or query the attached device(s) over the network
- Allow Telnet communication with the device(s).