MSSLite Phase Out
Embedded Device Server
- Upload data directly to one or more selected hosts.
- Provide management information to network requestors even while data transfers are in progress.
Lantronix’s MSSLite Device Server enables OEM customers to integrate network-enabling technology into their designs. The MSSLite is designed on a compact 3.3″ by 2.3″ board with convenient header options for serial or DMA bus connections, external/internal and regulated/unregulated power options, and options for an internal or external Ethernet interface. Additional options include LEDs and a power backed-up real-time clock.
The MSSLite provides a mature and robust Lantronix TCP/IP protocol stack. This software allows the MSSLite to facilitate direct uploads of data to a selected host or multiple selected hosts, handle polling or specific requests from networked hosts and provide management information to network requestors even while data transfers are in progress. Support for DHCP, TFTP, BOOTP, RARP, SNMP and Telnet ensures easy and consistent interoperability in an IP networking environment.
In addition, Lantronix’s software makes it possible to run existing software on networked PCs that was previously limited to direct serial connections. This application transparency eliminates the need for OEM customers to develop costly new networked applications software.
There are two MSSLite models, designated as MSSLite-B and MSSLite-C. The main differences between the models are their serial interfaces, power interfaces, LEDs, and the presence or absence of a real-time clock.
MSSLite Tech Specs
- IP: ARP, UDP, TCP, SNMP and TFTP
- Ethernet: RJ45 (10BASE-T)
- DB25 (Dual Port) DTE (Version A)
- DB25 (Single Port) DTE (Version B)
- IDC10 (Dual Port) DCE/DTE (Version C)
- 300 bps to 38.4 Kbps
- Characters: 7 or 8 data bits
- Stop bits: 1 or 2
- Parity: odd, even, none
- RTS, CTS, DSR, DTR, CD (Version A and B)
- RTS, CTS, DSR, DTR, CD (Version C, DCE)
- RTS, CTS, DSR, DTR (Version C, DTE)
- Serial login
- Telnet login
- Flash ROM standard: new software can be downloaded from a TCP/IP host (TFTP) or over serial port
- Power (Versions A and B)
- Ethernet: Version 2.0/IEEE 802.3
- Operating Temperature: 5 to 50°C (41 to 122°F)
- Storage Temperature: -40 to 66°C (-40 to 151°F)
- Maximum Temperature Change: 20°C (36°F) per hour
- Operating Range: 10% to 90% noncondensing, 40% to 60% recommended
- Storage Range: 10% to 90% noncondensing
- Operating Limit: 2.4 km (8,000 feet)
- If you are operating the MSS above 2.4 km (8,000 feet), decrease the operating temperature rating by 1.8 °C for each 1,000 m (1°F for each 1,000 feet).
- Storage Limit: 9.1 km (30,000 feet)
- 8.38 cm x 5.84 cm x 1.0 cm (3.3 in x 2.3 in x 0.4 in)
Serial Line Formats
Relative Humidity Limits
MSSLite Part Numbers
Order Information & Part Numbers
Lantronix products are available from a wide variety of leading technology vendors.
Click here to use our Partner Locator.
To speak with a Lantronix sales representative in North America, call +1 (800) 422-7055.
For a full listing of Lantronix worldwide offices, please see our Contact Information page.