External Device Server
- Connects multiple devices to a single network
- Cost-efficient flexible solution to networking serial devices
- (4) DB9M, RS-232, RS-422, and RS-485 serial ports
- 10/100Base-T Ethernet interface serial ports
- Dedicated and character-initiated host connections
- Easy management from any browser
- Applications: Industrial Automation, Security Systems, Retail Point of Sale, UPS Management, Bar Code Readers, Medical Instruments
Overview for MSS4
Remotely Monitor, Manage, and Share Connected Devices Over a Network or the Internet
The MSS4 is a flexible, four-port device server that empowers isolated intelligent devices to leverage their serial interfaces and communicate over Ethernet or Internet networks using reliable network protocols.
The MSS4 is a robust, cost-effective, high quality solution for serial to Ethernet connectivity. It employs proven Lantronix technology to networkenable products used in diverse markets such as:
- Retail/Point of Sale
- Medical Instrumentation
- Commercial Buildings
- Security Systems
Virtually any asynchronous serial device can be accessed over a network through the MSS4’s 10/100Base-T Ethernet network interface, giving you complete control and monitoring capabilities.
The four serial ports independently accommodate RS-232, RS-422, or RS-485 devices – making it an ideal solution for a variety of applications and environments. The MSS4 is easy to configure and provides advanced serial data handling features required for sensitive data communication applications.
The MSS4 allows easy management and setup from virtually anywhere using a standard browser. The included Redirection software simplifies your integration process by extending the functionality of your Com Port based Windows® applications. The MSS4 can also be managed using Telnet, SNMP, the serial port or Lantronix supplied Windows® GUI application EzWebCon™.
Features & Specifications for MSS4
- RS-232/RS-422/RS-485 asynchronous serial devices
- TCP/IP, ARP, UDP, ICMP, SNMP, DHCP, TFTP, HTTP, FTP
- 1 10/100 RJ45
- 4 DB9M DTE ports
- 300bps to 230Kbps
- Software: XON/XOFF
- Hardware: CTS/RTS
- RTS, CTS, DSR, DTR
- Serial Port
- Internal Web Server
- EZWebCon™ Management Software
- Flash ROM, downloadable from:
- TCP/IP host (TFTP)
- Link (10/100)
- Serial ports 1 – 4 active
- Ethernet version 2.0/IEEE 802.3
- Ethernet version 2/IEEE
- 802.3/IEEE 802.3u
- 1.84A max. @ 12VDC with all options (12VDC universal adapter included)
- Operating: 5° to 50° C (41° to 122°F)
- Storage: -40° to 66° C (-40° to 151°F)
- Dimensions (L x W x H): 13.9 x 23.6 x 3.3 cm (5.5 x 9.3 x 1.3 in)
- Weight: 0.51kg (1 lb 2 oz)
- Dimensions (L x W x H): 20.9 x 27.9 x 13.9 cm (8.25 x 11 x 5.5 in)
- Weight: 0.59kg (1 lb.5 oz)
- FCC (A), C/UL, TUV, CE (A)
Order Information & Part Numbers for MSS4
Lantronix Online Store (U.S.A., Canada, Mexico, Europe)
Click on a cart button below to buy direct from Lantronix.
- Call (800) 422-7055 to speak with a Lantronix sales representative in North America.
- Lantronix Worldwide Offices – Find an office in your region from our list of worldwide offices.
- Find a Lantronix Partner – Lantronix products are available from a variety of leading technology vendors.
|Part Number||Name||Description||Order Now|
0/100 Device Server,4 DB9M RS-232/RS-485 serial port, 1 10/100 RJ45 networking port, diagnostic LEDs, external 100-240VAC wall cube power supply