- Share a single printer with multiple users
- Directly connect to printer parallel port
- 10/100Base-T Ethernet interface (RJ45)
- Support multiple operating systems and protocols
- Simple installation with included EZWebCon software
- Web-based management for easy setup (MPS100)
- Flash ROM for easy upgrades
- External power supply included
Overview for LPS1-T & MPS100
Quickly and Easily Share Printers on a Network
Quickly and easily share printers on a network with the LPS1-T and MPS100 print servers. Both models directly connect to the printer’s parallel port, allowing laser, inkjet, and even dot matrix printers to be connected to Ethernet networks.
With an always-on-and-ready print server, there’s no need to dedicate a computer to share a printer. Multiprotocol support means that PC, Mac, and Linux/Unix users can share a single printer, on the same network. Protocol support includes NetBIOS/NETBEUI, LPR for Windows® and Linux/Unix systems, IPX for Novell NetWare, AppleTalk/EtherTalk for Mac OS, and LAT for DEC equipment.
Use the included EZWebCon™ software for quick and easy initial setup. Once installed, the print server can be reconfigured or managed from any computer with a web browser. A command line interface is available via Telnet as an alternative method to configure the unit.
The LPS1-T and MPS100 are ideal for both small workgroups and large enterprises, providing seamless network printing for all major network protocols and operating systems.
Features & Specifications for LPS1-T & MPS100
- LPS1-T: TCP/IP, IPX, NetBIOS/NetBEUI and LAT
- MPS100: TCP/IP, IPX, AppleTalk, NetBIOS/NetBEUI, and LAT
- ARP, RARP, ICMP, SNMP, BOOTP, DHCP, TFTP, LPR, Telnet, HTTP (MPS100 only)
- Parallel: Burst rate 150 Kbps
- SNMP Compatible: Supports MIB II parallel MIB Novell
- Compatibility: Supports both NDS and bindery emulation
- EZWebCon: Lantronix’s management software
- HTTP: MPS100 (only)
- Supports printers with Centronics parallel interface
- Flash ROM Standard: Downloadable from a TCP/IP host (TFTP download), DECnet host (MOP download) or NetWare host
- LPS1-T: Good Link, OK/Network Activity
- MPS100: Link, Speed, Network Activity
- Ethernet Version 2.0/IEEE 802.3/802.3u
- LPS1-T: FCC, UL, CSA, TUV, CE
- MPS100: FCC, C/UL, TUV, CE
- LPS1-T: 10Base-T (RJ45)
- MPS100: 10/100Base-T (RJ45)
- 36-pin male Centronics, attaches directly to 36-pin female Centronics parallel printer port supports HP Bitronics mode to provide bi-directional high speed data flow on the parallel port
- LPS1-T: 6VDC @ 0.7A (External adapter included), 120 or 220VAC, 50/60Hz
- MPS100: 5VDC @ 0.7A (External adapter included), 120VAC or 220VAC, 50/60Hz
- Operating Temp.: 5° to 50°C (41° to 122°F)
- Storage Temp.: -40° to 66°C (-40° to 151°F)
- Heat Dissipation: 5 Watts
- Dimensions (L x W x H): 8.4 x 5.8 x 2.5 cm (3.30 x 2.30 x 1.00 in)
- Weight: .31 lbs (.14 kg)
- Shipping Dimensions (L x W x H): 18.73 x 22.86 x 11 cm (7.375 x 9 x 4.375 in)
- Shipping Weight: 2.7 lbs (1.23 kg)
Docs & Downloads for LPS1-T & MPS100
|LPS1-T Firmware (FAQ 346)|
|MPS100 Firmware (FAQ 348)|
|Configuration Utility - EZWebCon b2.1/1 (FAQ 406)|
Order Information & Part Numbers for LPS1-T & MPS100
Lantronix Online Store (U.S.A., Canada, Mexico, Europe)
Click on a cart button below to buy direct from Lantronix.
- Call (800) 422-7055 to speak with a Lantronix sales representative in North America.
- Lantronix Worldwide Offices – Find an office in your region from our list of worldwide offices.
- Find a Lantronix Partner – Lantronix products are available from a variety of leading technology vendors.
|Part Number||Name||Description||Order Now|
Print server, direct connect parallel port, Centronics compatible, RJ45 (10Base-T) network port, diagnostic LEDs, User Guide, CD-ROM with EZWebCon software and reference manual, external 120 VAC power supply
Same as above with 220 VAC power supply
10/100 print server, direct connect parallel port, Centronics compatible, RJ45 (10/100Base-T) network port, web based management, diagnostic LEDs, User Guide CD-ROM with EZWebCon software and reference manual, external 120VAC power supply
Same as above with 220 VAC power supply
Same as above without power supply (printer powered)