Test Engineer – Vancouver, BC
|Job Type:||Full-Time, Permanent|
|Salary and Benefits:||Lantronix offers an industry standard comprehensive benefits package and competitive salary in accordance with experience.|
The Test Engineer candidate must have a strong technical background and be capable of coming up to speed with a new team and new technology quickly. Good analytical, problem solving, and communication skills are essential as well as the ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
You will need knowledge and experience in Cellular, WIFI, and production test development. Practical Linux script and LabVIEW development experience is an advantage.
- Support the development of new products and drive design for manufacturing excellence.
- Participate on a project team of engineers involved in the specification, design, development and test requirement of hardware.
- Participate in design review for DFX: DFM, DFT.
- Write test plans and create test procedures for the products.
- Provide hardware debug mentorship to contract manufacturing’s engineers in Asia. Ensure that Manufacturing receives the required level of product training.
- Develop test system, test process for NPI and improve the current test system for cost saving and technical improvements
- Develop software, release and support for the production test systems such as the ATE used to test, program and finalize measurement on the production line
- Responsible to maintain and solve all testers problem to ensure production schedule
- Experience in Failure Analysis. Analysis defective unit and solving the problem
Skills and Competencies
- 8+ years as Test engineering in production environment
- 5+ years of experience in Cellular, WIFI, GPS, production testing and schematic design
- 5+ years of experience in C, C#, SQL, scripting in bash, ruby, or other scripting languages
- 3+ years of experience with Linux and LabVIEW a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in computer sciences, electrical/software engineering or equivalent.
- Extensive knowledge of engineering and testing methodology and procedures.
- Familiar with instrument/equipment such as Oscilloscope, Spectrum Analyzer, etc.
- Detail oriented, analytical, process savvy, and customer focused yet flexible and adaptable to business needs
- Ability to operate with minimal direction and cross-functionally in teams
- High level of teamwork and collaboration skills
- Good problem-solving and diagnostic skills, in a fast-paced environment.
Strong verbal and written communication skills