|Job Title:||Technical Writer|
|Classification:||Regular Full Time|
|Location:||Vancouver, BC, CA|
As a technical writer for Lantronix products, you will be writing product customer-facing documentation for the company’s portfolio of IoT and Out of Band management products. This will include writing conceptual and product documentation, configuration and deployment guides, datasheets, and tutorials to enable our users to successfully leverage Lantronix products. In this role, you’ll work closely with members across Engineering, Product Management, QA, Field Application Engineering, and Support to understand and document the latest devices, new features and enhancements, and API features added to the platform. The ideal candidate has worked with IoT network connectivity/IoT cloud products, is extremely curious and hands-on with technology, and is passionate about creating world-class product content.
- Design, develop, edit, and produce accurate and effective technical documentation for Lantronix products, explaining technical concepts in clear language at a level that is appropriate for the document audience
- Work closely with Engineering, Product Management, QA, Support, and other members of the Technical Writing team to ensure quality and accuracy of content
- Understand technical writing concepts, processes, authoring tools
- Develop in-depth product/domain knowledge of the company’s products
- Complete all documentation assignments on-time, while following corporate documentation processes
- Manage assigned development activities with limited guidance from management delivering high-quality documentation on schedule
- Contribute to peer edits to enhance quality and standards of documentation produced by the team
- 5-7 years of relevant experience in writing technical documentation for enterprise products and software
- Domain knowledge of networking protocols and connectivity technologies. Experience working with modems, routers, gateways, and embedded modules.
- Proven record of writing accurate, clear, and concise documentation for a global audience. Practical experience in topic-based authoring, content reuse, and minimalism.
- Expertise using Adobe FrameMaker and Adobe Acrobat Pro
- Proficient using Madcap Flare or similar authoring tool to deliver HTML/PDF preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in technical communication, computer science, professional writing, or a related degree
Writing samples and writing test will be required.