Sr. Product Line Manager
|Job Title:||Senior Product Line Manager|
|Job Function:||Product Management / Product Marketing|
|Classification:||Regular Full Time|
|Compensation:||Base Salary + Bonus + Stock Plan|
Reporting to the VP of Strategy, the Senior Product Line Manager (PLM) will lead a cross-functional effort to define, develop and deliver market-driven solutions that meet customer needs and secure Lantronix’s competitive advantage and revenue growth. They will be responsible for:
- Defining and articulating product line and product strategy built on a foundation of customer intimacy, structed by an understanding of market opportunities, customer problems, elegant solutions, and a clear value proposition for customer success.
- Defining multiyear roadmap for product lines, aligned with company vision and overarching company portfolio of solutions and services
- Tracking product performance to expectations, dissecting inputs and outcomes, and adjusting plans to drive product success
- Building business plans, clearly articulating customer product value proposition, unique benefits & features, and competitive advantage.
- Prioritizing products based on clearly defined TAM, SAM, SOM and return on investment analysis
- Working with Marketing to develop and implement effective marketing campaigns, sales collateral, new product introductions, and product launch plans.
- Analyzing monthly, quarterly, and annual product performance, providing insight, and determining next steps
- Driving influence and collaboration with cross functional teams including Engineering, Program Management, Marketing, Finance, and Sales all throughout the product definition and development process.
Primary Duties and Functions
Define and own existing and future Lantronix product lines.
- Conduct market research and meet with customers to build customer intimacy and trust, and drive customer success
- Develop and document business cases, market and product requirements, and assemble epics and user stories for product development projects.
- Work closely with Engineering and Project Management to ensure that products are defined, prioritized, and developed in adherence to approved business plan and product requirements.
- Work closely with Marketing to develop product launch plans and drive content creation for Marketing collateral.
- Develop product training tools and content; ensure customers, account executives and channel partners receive comprehensive and effective product training.
- As the product line expert, support sales of released products; assess opportunities at key accounts and work with sales to convert into revenue for the company.
- Travel as needed to support customers and products (20% -30%)
- Report on product line health and build action plans based on learnings, performance, and expectations
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or related Science/Engineering discipline; or equivalent work experience. MBA is a plus.
- 5+ years’ experience in software product development or product management or equivalent with increasing leadership and/or management responsibilities.
- Experience in an Agile/Scrum environment.
- Familiarity with enterprise level cloud, SaaS, embedded software or hardware, and/or communication technologies.
- Ability to lead and manage cross-functional teams.
- Ability to work independently, prioritize and manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills with professional demeanor.
- Ability to create and deliver effective written and oral presentations.
- Ability to interact with high-level contacts, both internal and external to the company.
- Self-starter with a hunger to learn and grow.