Senior Software Engineer (851-02-0620) – Hyderabad, India
|JOB TITLE:||SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER|
|COMPENSATION:||Competitive Salary + Comprehensive Benefits|
As a member of the product development team, you will develop and enhance software for our industry leading Mach10 and ConsoleFlow cloud products. Our platforms are at the forefront of driving IoT connectivity with intelligent device services that enable our customers data collection at the Edge to processing, ingestion, storage, analysis and search. Building exciting user experiences which will directly impact our customers.
- Implement robust, high-performing IoT products and solutions and participate constructively in requirements analysis and design discussions.
- Collaborate closely with product management, architects, developers and QA and have a strong desire to work with a company that is building products that solve real-world problems.
- Manage entire life cycle, including enhancements, updates, and reconfigurations for assigned products.
- Produce high quality code that conforms to the design and functional requirements. Develop validation plans and execute them to ensure that code is fully unit tested before submitting to QA Testing.
- Provide support to other Engineers, Field Application Engineers/Technical Support staff in areas of expertise and domain knowledge.
- Improve and maintain new and existing functionality through the product lifecycle.
- Diagnose, locate and resolve technical issues in large systems.
- Work independently, having the ability to work in a team environment, and meeting project deadlines will be necessary skills for success.
- Perform thorough and thoughtful code reviews for other engineers on your team.
- Internalize the set of good habits (development techniques, TDD, security, and tech debt balance, agile habits) that drive high-end engineering excellence.
- Good communication and presentation skills
Skills and Competencies
- BS/BE in Computer Science or equivalent in related technical field. Masters degree desirable.
A successful candidate for this position will have:
- 5+ years of software development experience.
- Solid expertise in developing high available and scalable server/cloud based applications and designing database schemas
- Strong experience in developing RESTful APIs
- Strong experience with databases such as PostgreSQL, MySQL.
- Strong experience with any NOSQL database such as Redis, MongoDB
- Expertise in working with open source and/or commercial continuous integration and delivery tools
- Experience in at least one or more cloud/virtual technologies and management – OpenStack, AWS, Openshift, Google App Engine etc.
- Familiarity with Source code control systems such as CVS, Subversion, GitHub and Jira bug tracking systems.