Senior IT Support Engineer
|Job Title:||Senior IT Support Engineer|
|Job Function:||IT Support|
|Classification:||Regular Full Time|
|Compensation:||Base Salary + Bonus + Equity|
Lantronix is currently looking for a Sr. IT Support Engineer to join the team.
Reporting to the Director of IT, the Sr. IT Support Engineer is responsible for providing L1-L3 user support enterprise-wide. The primary objective of this role is to ensure users’ computing issues are resolved in an efficient and timely manner to give the best possible customer experience.
- Responsible for excellent, day-to-day onsite IT support at our Irvine HQ.
- Provide support for our remote employees all over the world.
- Perform IT Procurement with vendors.
- Assist with MDM and troubleshooting mobile devices.
- Deploy and support end-user PCs, workstations, desk and mobile phones (both software and hardware level).
- Maintain and troubleshoot services such as Active Directory, Group Policies, DNS, DHCP, Printers, etc.
- Troubleshoot and resolve network and end user computing issues with both software and hardware.
- Troubleshoot and Support MFP Printers – including end user and network/infrastructure (print servers).
- Provide support for the following list of technologies and systems: Active Directory, Office 365, MS Teams, Okta, mobile devices, WiFi, VPN, etc.
- Work within our Helpdesk ticketing system and ensure all tickets are responded to and updated accordingly.
- Be a point of contact for employee questions including troubleshooting connectivity issues, changes to system permissions, changes to email groups, etc.
- Work cross-functionally with other teams.
- Ensure that new employees have their machines ready to go; troubleshoot software and hardware issues on Windows PCs.
- Be the model for professional customer service with our internal Lantronix teammates in all interactions; be the reason why IT has a good reputation at Lantronix.
- Ensure proper support for important business meetings, including A/V needs and conference room equipment.
- Oversee the roll out of new software releases and system upgrades, evaluate and install patches to machines, and resolve software and hardware related problems.
- Support corporate IT projects with Support and Infrastructure Teams.
- IT project management knowledge as well as ability to prioritize work, schedule critical assignments, maintain project lifecycle, and meet deadlines.
- Must be able to complete small to moderate projects with minimal supervision
Skills and Competencies
- Enjoy solving difficult problems and partnering with teammates to solve them
- Excited when things can be automated
- You thrive in a fast-paced challenging environment
- Focused, driven and can get projects across the finish line
- You possess excellent communication skills while having a breadth of knowledge regarding IT software (SaaS), hardware and networking
- Hands on experience and extensive knowledge of Windows environments
- Experience with access/identity management (AD, Okta – MFA, SSO)
- Proficiency with Office 365, Teams Meetings, and similar applications
- Exemplary customer service
- Keen sense of security
- Familiar with providing end user remote support
- Ability to troubleshoot TCP/IP networking issues and services
Requirements and Qualifications
- 5+ years previous IT Support experience
- A valid driver’s license
- Excellent written and spoken English
- An Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university. Technical degrees are a plus.
- Degree in Computer Science and/or related field training
- Microsoft Technology Specialist (MCTS), and/or Microsoft Solutions Associate (MCSA) certification
- Extensive hands on experience with Desktop Support, Networking, Office 365, Active Directory
- Experience administering MS Exchange Server in a Hybrid Office 365 environment.
- Must be willing to:
– Carry a company-issued cell phone for on-call support
– Work on-site at the corporate headquarters during standard business hours
– Work flexible hours when needed (early mornings, after-hours, etc.)
- Considered a plus:
– Okta identity management implementation and administration experience
– Global corporate infrastructure architecture design and implementation experience
– All IT certifications such as:
- CompTIA – A+, Security+, Network+
- Microsoft – MCE, MCSE, MCSA, etc.
- Cisco – CNE, CCNA, etc.