Senior Electronics Hardware Design Engineer
|Job Title:||Senior Electronics Hardware Design Engineer|
|Classification:||Regular Full Time|
|Location:||Vancouver, BC, CA|
If you are looking for an opportunity to work on the most advanced upcoming technology with new and exciting products not yet on the market, with every day bringing something new and challenging to work on, Lantronix is the place to be. Having recently completed its acquisition of Intrinsyc Technologies, Lantronix’s expanded team of engineers work with the most advanced technology available from the world’s leading technology companies, helping leading global brands create the next-generation of intelligent connected devices. Lantronix engineering services team works closely with silicon-vendors to include their cutting-edge processor designs in new embedded products, including; robotics, wearables, automotive, medical, videoconferencing, digital signage, augmented reality, industrial and consumer cameras, and many more.
Lantronix Canada, Inc. is currently seeking a Senior Electronics Hardware Design Engineer. Candidates must have a strong technical background in all facets of Hardware design and be capable of coming up to speed with a new team quickly.
- Degree in Electrical/Computing Engineering
- Minimum 5 years experience in Electronics Hardware design including:
- Complex high speed digital circuit design for embedded products
- Wireless RF design – WiFi, BT, GPS, FM
- Familiarity with microprocessor signals (high-speed busses, oscillators, USB, etc.), serial communication protocols and ARM architecture
- Power supply / analog circuit design
- Familiarity with Design for Test (DFT) and Design for Manufacturability (DFM) requirements
- PCB layout of multi-layer, compact HDI PCB designs which includes high speed digital interfaces (USB, MIPI, PCIe, DDR, etc.), RF signals, analog and power
- supply circuits.
- Component database administration including creation of schematic symbol, PCB footprints, and 3D models.
- Working with Electrical and Mechanical Engineers on implementing the PCB layout design rules and requirements
- Must have experience with Altium Designer for schematic capture and PCB layout
- Must have good analytical and problem solving skills
- Must have strong English communication skills both written and oral
- Must be detail oriented and be obsessed with quality work
- Must be capable of coming up to speed on new projects very quickly
- Ability to accurately scope, estimate and schedule work on projects
- Ability to perform board bring-up and debug
- Ability to perform simple to moderate board modifications using solder station
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a team environment on hardware development projects with colleagues based in North America.
- Ability to meet schedule commitments on-time and error-free with minimal supervision
- Ability to travel to Canada and PRC
Nice to have:
- C/C++, Assembler, Windows programming
- FPGA digital design experience
Lantronix’ product development services provide hardware, software, and solutions for next-generation embedded and wireless products. Solutions span the development life cycle from concept to production and help device makers and technology suppliers create compelling differentiated products with faster time-to-market.
We deliver superior results for clients with standards of high integrity. Our values and performance have enabled us to partner with the world’s leading OEMs to create award winning new products.
Lantronix is a leading provider of embedded solutions for Qualcomm Technologies, Inc.’s Snapdragon technology and developer of the Open-Q System on Module and reference Development Kits. These solutions are being built using the latest 64-bit multi-core ARM highly-integrated SOCs, customized for exciting new products such as robotics, augmented reality glasses, ultra-high definition 3D televisions, and many more breakthrough products.