Regional Sales Manager-Japan
|Job Title:||Regional Sales Manager- Japan|
|Classification:||Regular Full Time|
We have an immediate need for a Regional Sales Manager in Japan.
The Regional Sales Manager will manage and lead sales activities for Lantronix to Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) and distributor accounts within the defined territory above. The position is responsible for the development of the sales within the region and execution of territory plans. The Regional Sales Manager candidate must have sales experience in IoT (Internet of Things) sales with enterprise and commercial businesses, government institutions, telecommunication and utility companies, financial institutions, healthcare providers and individual consumers, Industrial OEMs and VARs. Additionally, experience selling Cloud-based SaaS and/or PaaS Solutions or connectivity services is strongly preferred.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Responsibilities (include but are not limited to the following)
- Meet or exceed all quarterly objectives for assigned geographical area in sales and design wins
- Maintain a significant opportunity pipeline to assure success and on-going growth for the region
- Sales and consulting as related to the integration of Lantronix networking and connectivity technology with mid- and large-corporations
- Develop and execute strategic and tactical sales plans for short and long term objectives
- Develop detailed knowledge of the customers within the region and communicate requirements
- Develop key relationships (at all appropriate levels) with strategic accounts and distributors
- Evaluate and champion emerging and strategic accounts for Lantronix
- Assure the highest level of customer engagement and support from Lantronix resources in sales, field applications engineers, marketing, inside sales, customer service, manufacturing sales representatives, distributors, etc.
- Oversee the ongoing management of field application engineers, inside sales representatives, (these are matrixed relationships) and distributors
- Coordinate with product marketing on the development of short and long-term sales strategies, product introductions, new products and features, etc.
- Establish and manage relationships with cross functional departments within Lantronix for product fulfillment, customer service, pricing, etc.
- Provide timely information on competitive activities within the region and overall market place
- Oversee the weekly sales reporting processes and present information to all levels of management
- Use SalesForce.com (SFDC) as a sales tracking and forecasting tool
- Oversee the Design-Win and Design Win Registration processes for assigned geographical area
- Travel requirements are approximately 50% of the work time for travel within the territory
Skills and Competencies
- Preferred experience in networking with knowledge in the OSI 7 layer model for network communications
- Experience selling cloud-based, Saas, PaaS or specific IoT solutions is strongly preferred
- Must have experience with OEM Sales into one or more vertical markets of Industrial, Security, Energy, Medical, Telematics, or IT and other vertical markets served by Lantronix. Knowing OOB market is a PLUS.
- Knowledge of embedded systems and a background selling complex IC solutions into the targeted verticals is desired
- Knowledge of wired and wireless networking technology, 802.3, 801.11, and/or cellular is desired
- Knowledge in IoT requirements and applications
- Must be able to accurately reflect customer’s business and technical requirements for design win success
- Very strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience with a CRM tool (ie SalesForce.Com)
- The ability to interface with internal and external customers, distributors, sales representatives, and cross functional support groups within Lantronix
- Highly organized with solid time management & strong multitasking skills
- Prior experience with multiple sales channels including Direct, Distribution, VAR and MSG
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or related field or a B.A. with a minimum of 7 years work experience in a multi-tiered, technical selling environment, including but not limited to the selling of both software and hardware products or documented equivalent work experience