Product Quality Engineer – Irvine, CA
|JOB TITLE:||Product Quality Engineer|
|JOB FUNCTION:||Quality Control|
|CLASSIFICATION:||Regular Full Time|
Lantronix, Inc. (NASDAQ:LTRX) is a global provider of secure data access and management solutions for Internet of Things (IoT) and information technology (IT) assets. Our mission is to be the leading supplier of IoT gateways that enable companies to dramatically simplify the creation, deployment, and management of IoT projects while providing secure access to data for applications and people.
With more than two decades of experience in creating robust machine to machine (M2M) technologies, Lantronix is an innovator in enabling our customers to build new business models and realize the possibilities of the Internet of Things. Our connectivity solutions are deployed inside millions of machines serving a wide range of industries, including data center, medical, security, industrial, transportation, retail, financial, environmental and government.
Lantronix is seeking a full time Product Quality Engineer (PQE) to work in our Operations team; partnering with, Engineering, Product Management and Supply Chain. The PQE will also need to have Engineering Change and product data (BOM) management experience.
- Support the development of new products and drive design for manufacturing excellence.
- Develop the BOM structure within PDM tool (Agile PLM).
- Participate on a project team of engineers involved in the specification, design, development and test of hardware. Provide manufacturing input to schematic, placement and route reviews.
- Design for DFx : DFM, DFT.
- Govern and control change orders and related documentation to meet customer and internal quality standards
- Interface/engage with Engineering, Platform Engineering, Marketing, Service Ops and CM Partners.
- Provide hardware debug mentorship to contract manufacturing’s manufacturing engineers. Ensure that Manufacturing receives the required level of product training.
- Improve manufacturing operations processes and actively enhance efficiency, consistency, cost avoidance, and customer satisfaction.
- Manage release of New Products and manage technical changes to existing products through BOM management, ECO and deviation processes.
- Assist in early prototype testing and troubleshooting/debug to find root cause failures and drive back fixes to engineering or contract manufacturer.
- Develop, document, enforce, and measure existing and next generation PLM processes
- Product Change Notification management and qualification
- Develop manufacturing process and best practice documentation.
Skills and Competencies
- 3+ years as an NPI product or manufacturing engineering
- EC Analyst or Document Control or Configuration Analyst professional
- Experience working in the IOT/IT management (preferred) or high tech industry
- Experience working at a large OEM/ODM and EMS corporation is a plus
- Experience working with Agile PDM (preferred) or other PLM
- Detail oriented, analytical, process savvy, and customer focused yet flexible and adaptable to business needs
- New Product Introduction and Product Life Cycle Management process knowledge
- Ability to operate in an ambiguous environment with minimal direction
- Experience working cross-functionally in teams
- High level of teamwork and collaboration skills
- Ability to operate in a fast paced changing business environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills