Principal DevOps Engineer – Hyderabad, India
|JOB TITLE:||PRINCIPAL DEVOPS ENGINEER|
|COMPENSATION:||Competitive Salary + Comprehensive Benefits|
The mission of the DevOps team is to build and operate data centers containing thousands of servers across several continents. Members of the DevOps team support the application development teams, working directly with them using scrum methodologies.
The team is responsible for the building and maintenance of data centers, monitoring services development, platform integration and management, capacity planning, release management, application and development support, network support and troubleshooting.
As a member of the DevOps team you must be able to ask the right questions, understand the business and technical requirements of internal and external clients, and then translate those needs into actionable items for execution in conjunction with other cross-functional team members.
- Ensure the operational integrity of the global infrastructure using well controlled processes
- Build and expand infrastructure capacity at remote Data Centers
- Perform deployments and maintenance to implement code, architecture and configuration changes
- Provide support and diagnose issues to other teams related to our infrastructure
- Participate in global 24/7 on-call rotation
- Develop and maintain new health checks for system and application-level monitoring
Skills and Competencies
- BSEE/BSCS or equivalent, MSEE/MSCS a plus.
- Strong Linux experience
- 8+ years of experience in a high volume 24×7 environment
- Excellent understanding of IT datacenter operations
- Experience managing hundreds or thousands of servers
- Knowledge of cloud services, such as Google Cloud Platform, or AWS S3/CloudFront/EC2
- Configuration Management with Puppet, Chef or similar systems
- Experience with build tools such as Jenkins
- Scripting in bash, perl, python or other scripting languages
- Enjoy automating tasks, rather than repeating them
- Strong knowledge of Internet building blocks (TCP, DNS, HTTP)
- Effective English written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to adapt to a rapidly changing environment
- Comfortable collaborating and supporting a diverse team of engineers
- Ability to troubleshoot problems in complex systems
- Flexible working hours and ability to participate in global 24/7 on call support with remote team members
- Familiarity with monitoring/alerting tools such as Graphite, Nagios, Pingdom, Catchpoint, and PagerDuty
- Experience with Agile development methodologies a plus
- Self-starter; able to complete defined tasks independently